[Q] problem with battery since 4.4.3, and root help

Search This thread

Nexus4FLESH

Aug 18, 2014
Intro to my problem:
hey there,
i bought my nexus 4 about barely half year ago, it had the android 4.4.2, and there was no problem at all, after it there was an update to 4.4.3 OTA update, so i updated it and since that update, my battery on my nexus 4 is getting fast drained than it was befor.. ( now it barely survive 4 hours of facebook , whatsapp, youtube with screen on auto...when with my 4.4.2 it lasted for 1 and half day! ( a bit facebook , a bit whatsapp, and youtube).. now i tried to ota update to 4.4.4. but it doesnt make the situation any better.

so now i want to root my nexus 4, and get the best 4.4.2 rom out there to the nexus 4
What i seek to know:
1.so my first question: what is the best method to root my nexus 4? i heard about downloading "towelroot" thing, and then from the market "bootlocker unlock for nexus devices". ( i dont have any previous knowledge on rooting or into android things. im kinda new in it)

but, i also saw on youtube that some guy rooted he's nexus 4 throught a computer and it looks much more complicated.
so wich method is the best? and if i could get a guide, that would be nice :)

and also, whats the best 4.4.2 rom for nexus 4? i want one with alot of customization options.

thanks alot people! hope you could help me in my situation. :)

Last edited: