The following has been tested and is working:

- Backup & Restore
- wipe data/factory reset
- wipe cache
- Reboot & Poweroff
- install zip from SD-Card
- Partition SD-Card

Notes:
- Use at your own risk! I´ll take no responsibility for any Bricks etc.
- Apperently the Optimus Black doesn´t have a Keycombination for going to Recoverymode on Booting. So at the moment CWM can only be accessed by rebooting the Phone to Recoverymode via App or Shell from a running System.

Downloads:

Clockworkmod v3.2.0.0 >>DOWNLOAD<<
LG United Mobile Drivers (Windows) >>DOWNLOAD<< (Needed when installing with MS Windows)

How to install:

1. Extract ZIP-File to your Local Computer
2. Connect the Phone with USB-Debugging enabled
3. Run The File install_recovery.bat (on Windows Systems) or install_recovery.sh(on Linux Systems)
4. Grant Root Access on the Phone

Last edited:

deez1234

Aug 24, 2010
If you don't mind me asking, what was the partition that you put the recovery image on? We are working on a solution for the LG G-Slate which also has no key combination to get into recovery.

deez1234

Aug 24, 2010
Do you know what the recovery looks like on the partition table?

Sent from my LG-V909 using XDA Premium App

Ipy219

Aug 30, 2010
Pitesti
does the backup/restore option work? i want to make a back-up of current lg rom then install chainfire...and if things go wrong to be able to get back to lg rom.btw great job with making the recovery!!

antonio1475

May 29, 2010
Would it be possible going back to original LG recovery (if it has one) for warranty purposes? I don't need it now, but just thought about it...

:)

xantaro

Mar 15, 2011
You can go Back to Original Recovery by using the LG Mobile Updater

1. Download LG Mobile Updater (http://www.lg.com/de/support/mc-support/mobile-phone-support.jsp?countryCd=de)
2. Install Mobile Updater
3. Remove Battery from the phone and plug it to the Computer while Holding Vol-Up Button. Display should now show S/W Upgrade
4. Start the Mobile Updater, if needed install USB-Drivers
5. In the Menu of the Mobile Updater choose Customer Service -> Emergency Repair
6. Enter the IMEI of your Phone when the Updater asks for it and click Check
7. The Phone gets now reflashed. All Partitions except the Data Partition will be reflashed.

antonio1475

May 29, 2010
You can go Back to Original Recovery by using the LG Mobile Updater

1. Download LG Mobile Updater (http://www.lg.com/de/support/mc-support/mobile-phone-support.jsp?countryCd=de)
2. Install Mobile Updater
3. Remove Battery from the phone and plug it to the Computer while Holding Vol-Up Button. Display should now show S/W Upgrade
4. Start the Mobile Updater, if needed install USB-Drivers
5. In the Menu of the Mobile Updater choose Customer Service -> Emergency Repair
6. Enter the IMEI of your Phone when the Updater asks for it and click Check
7. The Phone gets now reflashed. All Partitions except the Data Partition will be reflashed.

Thank you very much for the extended explanation. It will sure be useful for anyone! I did this when I "bricked" my Black after trying to push a modified framework-res.apk, and I think I had to reflash the CWM recovery, but wasn't sure.

Do you guys have adb working in recovery?

:D

bootrecord

Jan 8, 2007
working 100%, i even backed up my system, applied a factory reset and restored only Data part, and it worked like magic,
now i have a backup copy of my data to be used whenever needed

Top Liked Posts