FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[MOD] avlock[11], a real, system-level lock screen replacement (fixed 04/22/2010)

36 posts
Thanks Meter: 7

By _avatar, Member on 16th April 2010, 06:18 PM
Thread Closed Email Thread
20th April 2010, 03:47 PM |#41  
Inactive Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter: 4,355

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by _avatar

Just flashed the update.zip against a clean cm5.0.6 and it seems very stable. Mind if I link to it in the first post?

Yup, go for it.
20th April 2010, 03:49 PM |#42  
Thanks Meter: 8

More
very nice... well done...........
20th April 2010, 04:22 PM |#43  
OP Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by pershoot

Yup, go for it.

Updated. Thanks!
20th April 2010, 05:13 PM |#44  
Thanks Meter: 15

More
I just updated this on CM5.0.6 and it truely is beautiful!..thank you very much..

could only hope the time from last dot to login cld be configurable (preferably shorter)..not much of a problem as it is though..thx alot!
20th April 2010, 07:54 PM |#45  
Flag Tucson, AZ
Thanks Meter: 48

More
Just curious if this will work on the CM 5.0.6 for the Droid?
21st April 2010, 04:42 PM |#46  
Thanks Meter: 16

More
It should work. Though, theres the possibility that it will be larger than your screen (either missing a collumn/row or having them cut in half at the edges)
21st April 2010, 05:00 PM |#47  
OP Member

More
I think it will work fine on the CM build for Droid, but can't say that with absolute certainty because I don't have a device to test with. You can make a nandroid backup and give it a shot -- if there are problems just restore.

Also, it looks like cyanogen picked up my patch, so this functionality should be built into newer versions if CM moving forward.
21st April 2010, 05:08 PM |#48  
Flag Boca Raton
Thanks Meter: 58

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by _avatar

And yeah, I agree the delay should be configurable. I'll look into adding that soon.

First off, great work!

I was curious, rather than adding a delay, if it's possible to just compare the current string against the known unlock string on key-press events. Unless there's a security reason for not doing this, I imagine this would immediately unlock the device as soon as the current StringBuffer matches the expected unlock code.

Is this a possibility?
21st April 2010, 09:09 PM |#49  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Do you happen to know if this will fix the issue with Activesync saying that "This Exchange ActiveSync server requires security features your phone does not support" since it requires a 4 pin lock?

I guess i can always try and reply back..

Thanks for this addition.
21st April 2010, 09:41 PM |#50  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by bassam19

Do you happen to know if this will fix the issue with Activesync saying that "This Exchange ActiveSync server requires security features your phone does not support" since it requires a 4 pin lock?

I guess i can always try and reply back..

Thanks for this addition.

I guess i thought this had pin lock as in numbers but after installing it, i see an option for pin lock but i dont think its what i was looking for. I still get the same error message from Activesync. It was worth a try for me. I tried the new lock mechanism and it works great. Test on.
22nd April 2010, 05:03 AM |#51  
Fort Lauderdale

More
I'm running CM 5.0.6 with Kspec lite via metamorph. I flashed the zip via recovery mode, and after the flash, it changes my notification bar, and also the mod doesn't work. Am I doing something wrong?

edit: I understand that it replaces framework-res.apk, so I understand that it changes the notification bar, etc. But regardless, after flash, the mod doesn't work either.
Thread Closed Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread