FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

changeScreen v2.78! -- (screen rotation app)

795 posts
Thanks Meter: 2

By 600GOL, Senior Member on 3rd January 2009, 04:52 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
20th January 2009, 06:24 PM |#101  
OP Senior Member
nyc

More
New BETA version available...
Guys, get ready to test. Its worked fine for me so far. 1st post has the beta download...

20th January 2009, 07:32 PM |#102  
Flag near Utrecht
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Hi 600,

Nice to see you've developed a new version I installed it just now and I like the new UI. I did find a problem straight away though... When I rotate my screen to landscape-mode and then place the phone (Touch HD) on a flat surface it automatically rotates back to portrait. So one cannot use the phone in landscape-mode when it is lying down on for instance ones desk. The earlier version did not have this problem, hope it can be fixed !

Regards,

Rolf
20th January 2009, 07:42 PM |#103  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Im a little confused with the new version how you specify which apps you want to rotate? and I found a issue with the old version with landscape keyboard- when you directly reply to someones text message and go into landscape, as soon as you start typing it goes right back to portrait. This doesn't happen however, when you start a new message and manually type in the contact you want to text
20th January 2009, 10:28 PM |#104  
OP Senior Member
nyc

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ^Rook

Hi 600,

Nice to see you've developed a new version I installed it just now and I like the new UI. I did find a problem straight away though... When I rotate my screen to landscape-mode and then place the phone (Touch HD) on a flat surface it automatically rotates back to portrait. So one cannot use the phone in landscape-mode when it is lying down on for instance ones desk. The earlier version did not have this problem, hope it can be fixed !

Regards,

Rolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by MDtouchDiamond

Im a little confused with the new version how you specify which apps you want to rotate? and I found a issue with the old version with landscape keyboard- when you directly reply to someones text message and go into landscape, as soon as you start typing it goes right back to portrait. This doesn't happen however, when you start a new message and manually type in the contact you want to text

Redownload, I posted a new version with a fix for that.

As for how you define exceptions. You first set which directions youd like your device to rotate. This includes any and all applications that are NOT in your exceptions list. So if you want your device to rotate all directions then check all those boxes. Now say youd like your Email and SMS to open up in landscape posistion you would add an exception with the name "tmail" and ONLY check the box under the picture of the landscape positioned phone...

If you dont want to rotate while the dialer or phone is open you would add an exception named "cprog" and leave all the boxes unchecked...

Let me know if you follow...
20th January 2009, 10:39 PM |#105  
Thanks Meter: 8

More
this rocks ! I think you've created the perfect rotate app ! many thanks !
20th January 2009, 11:17 PM |#106  
Retired Forum Moderator
Flag Croatia, Zagreb
Thanks Meter: 103

More
man fantasticcccccc job app is amazing and now resco viewr is working

amazing

this should be sticky!
21st January 2009, 12:33 AM |#107  
OP Senior Member
nyc

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by bugeyes

this rocks ! I think you've created the perfect rotate app ! many thanks !

Quote:
Originally Posted by intel286

amazing

this should be sticky!

Thanks! Remember... this is beta so any problems please report. I'll put out the "final" version in a couple of days once people have given their input. But thanks for reporting back. Glad it fixed the Resco Viewer problem!
21st January 2009, 06:18 AM |#108  
Thanks Meter: 665

Donate to Me
More
When in the SMS or mail screen and I rotate the device the keyboard disappears. I can open it again but is this normal?

Touch HD stock ROM.
21st January 2009, 07:12 AM |#109  
Flag near Utrecht

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by 600GOL

Redownload, I posted a new version with a fix for that.

I can confirm this solved the problem, fantastic job ! I'll keep testing

Regards,

Rolf
21st January 2009, 07:40 AM |#110  

More
Great program!

Is the 2.0 beta stable? Then I'm looking forward to download it
21st January 2009, 11:53 AM |#111  
Flag New York City

More
Thumbs up
Quote:
Originally Posted by intel286

amazing

this should be sticky!

+1 this should be sticky. Moderators????
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)