Thanks Meter: 5,267

Post Reply Email Thread
19th December 2017, 04:04 PM |#10201  
Thanks Meter: 642

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dyeck

why systemless mode can not be clicked

Search the thread. This has been answered in detail many times.

Short version: if rooted with Magisk, select systemless via the Magisk interface until this is fixed.
19th December 2017, 04:12 PM |#10202  
Recognized Contributor
Flag SLO
Thanks Meter: 5,839

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dyeck

why systemless mode can not be clicked

https://forum.xda-developers.com/sho...ostcount=10208
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Pkt_Lnt For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Pkt_Lnt Ad-Free
19th December 2017, 04:15 PM |#10203  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pkt_Lnt

https://forum.xda-developers.com/sho...ostcount=10208

Thanks you sir
19th December 2017, 06:38 PM |#10204  
Thanks Meter: 242

Donate to Me
More
quick questions

is this the best ad blocking app for android?
I see some people Enable the web server option, is this something I should do? check both of them? I had an older version that updated 4 of 4 sources, I just installed the February release and it is 3 of 3 sources, is that normal?

thanks for any answers and suggestions.
19th December 2017, 06:40 PM |#10205  
Recognized Developer / Recognized Contributor
Flag Halifax
Thanks Meter: 30,823

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by nixie2121

quick questions

is this the best ad blocking app for android?
I see some people Enable the web server option, is this something I should do? check both of them? I had an older version that updated 4 of 4 sources, I just installed the February release and it is 3 of 3 sources, is that normal?

thanks for any answers and suggestions.

AdAway if you have root, Adguard if you don't/can't have root and have some money instead.

Webserver and redirects are good, that way you don't get errors from the blocks. I still have the old 4 sources on all of my installs, I think it's just the non-https one that got left out? It wasn't because of any issues that I know of.
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to osm0sis For This Useful Post: [ View ]
20th December 2017, 12:40 AM |#10206  
Thanks Meter: 17

More
Alright, so I've tried searching for this issue and I can't seem to find it or I might have searched wrong. Basically, I am on Android O and have installed Magisk and TWRP on my U11. I tried to toggle the systemless hosts toggle in Magisk to try and get adaway to work, but it just says copy failed. And when I flash the Systemless Host Zip file I had laying around, it still fails. WTF am I doing wrong? I've already reflashed TWRP and Magisk and have done a factory reset and it still does the same thing. I even allowed for system modifications within twrp and it's still doing it. Unless Adaway doesn't support Android 8 yet (Which I doubt) I am at wits end here right now.

Can anyone help me out with this?

EDIT: Never mind, it looks like I have to do this if I am on Android O

https://forum.xda-developers.com/sho...ostcount=10868
20th December 2017, 01:28 AM |#10207  
Forum Moderator
Flag Deep Space Station K7
Thanks Meter: 3,075

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by KOAO

Alright, so I've tried searching for this issue and I can't seem to find it or I might have searched wrong. Basically, I am on Android O and have installed Magisk and TWRP on my U11. I tried to toggle the systemless hosts toggle in Magisk to try and get adaway to work, but it just says copy failed. And when I flash the Systemless Host Zip file I had laying around, it still fails. WTF am I doing wrong? I've already reflashed TWRP and Magisk and have done a factory reset and it still does the same thing. I even allowed for system modifications within twrp and it's still doing it. Unless Adaway doesn't support Android 8 yet (Which I doubt) I am at wits end here right now.

Can anyone help me out with this?

On O, make sure you are using the latest Magisk beta (14.5?). Twrp is not involved so take that out of your equation. If you are already on the latest beta, and toggling systemless hosts *in Magisk* is not working, get logs covering the time that you do the toggle and report it over in the Magisk area.

"Good judgment comes from experience, and a lot of that comes from bad judgment." - Will Rogers
20th December 2017, 02:03 AM |#10208  
Thanks Meter: 17

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ktmom

On O, make sure you are using the latest Magisk beta (14.5?). Twrp is not involved so take that out of your equation. If you are already on the latest beta, and toggling systemless hosts *in Magisk* is not working, get logs covering the time that you do the toggle and report it over in the Magisk area.

"Good judgment comes from experience, and a lot of that comes from bad judgment." - Will Rogers

Alright, so that seemed to work. Thanks for that!
21st December 2017, 12:55 AM |#10209  
Flag Skopje / Скопје
Thanks Meter: 36

More
Yesterday was working i formatted my phone and now it's not working. Help?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20171221-005439.png
Views:	1646
Size:	97.6 KB
ID:	4366071  
21st December 2017, 03:03 AM |#10210  
Forum Moderator
Flag Deep Space Station K7
Thanks Meter: 3,075

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by KomitaMKD

Yesterday was working i formatted my phone and now it's not working. Help?

That is so not enough information. What root, ROM (6, 7 or 8), device? You "formatted" your phone, do you mean a factory reset? You would have to completely reinstall everything from scratch, root first, then Adaway.

21st December 2017, 07:00 AM |#10211  
Flag Visakhapatnam
Thanks Meter: 168

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by osm0sis

AdAway if you have root, Adguard if you don't/can't have root and have some money instead.

I think Blockada is the best for non Root ad blocking..
The Following User Says Thank You to k4rn8g3 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift k4rn8g3 Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
ad block, adaway, adblock, adblocker, source

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)