FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

Aftermarket Replacement Battery Covers (Blk Carbon Fiber Reviewed: 5/16/2013)

260 posts
Thanks Meter: 75

Post Reply Email Thread
12th May 2013, 01:11 PM |#21  
Flag Charlotte, NC
Thanks Meter: 368

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by CHUUZE

honestly I don't mind the worn leather look that the white version may/may not get, besides I have a plethora of leather cleaners for sneakers in my closet i'm sure one of them can clean it if it gets dirty.

It doesn't end up looking like "worn leather," I didn't say that, I said it gets dirty.... And if Clorox Cleanup spray wouldn't take the staining out of it, I highly doubt any shoe cleaner will!

But again, I'm offering my experience after having it for almost a year, if you want to think otherwise, you're just being naive! They're cheap enough to replace when they do get dirty, but the point I'm making is that they will get dirty and they cannot be cleaned.... I was very happy with the carbon fiber one when I got it, and then a few months later, I was almost embarrassed to show the back of my "dirty phone!"

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S 4 using the XDA app

12th May 2013, 06:47 PM |#22  
OP Senior Member
Flag CHUUZ3D Galaxy

More
Clorox is going to discolor it its bleach based... Way too rough on the material if u use something that is meant to clean dirty leather or leather-like products like a sneaker cleaner u would mosy likely have better results clorox is meant to sanitize bro... Amd of course the white one is goong to show the dirt and oils from your hand... Thats why I got the black version... Since my girl uses a case its likely hers isnt picking up oils and dirt...

Sent from my SPH-L720 using xda premium
13th May 2013, 04:46 AM |#23  
Flag Charlotte, NC
Thanks Meter: 368

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by CHUUZE

Clorox is going to discolor it its bleach based... Way too rough on the material if u use something that is meant to clean dirty leather or leather-like products like a sneaker cleaner u would mosy likely have better results clorox is meant to sanitize bro... Amd of course the white one is goong to show the dirt and oils from your hand... Thats why I got the black version... Since my girl uses a case its likely hers isnt picking up oils and dirt...

Sent from my SPH-L720 using xda premium

Haha, let's be honest, "leather like" is even stretching it for what this product is.... since NOTHING will even come close to getting it clean, I resorted to Clorox at the very end of my testing, starting with mild soap and water! But good to hear that hers is in a case and won't be affected by the elements and dirty hands!
15th May 2013, 04:55 PM |#24  
Thanks Meter: 13

More
Nice.. does it provide enough to cover the camera lens from direct table contact?? I ordered this exact leather cover (thanks to your post) almost 2 weeks ago.. i hate using cases, but i want something to help the camera from having direct table contact when laid flat

---------- Post added at 08:55 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:47 AM ----------

nevermind.. just saw the review! cant wait until mine comes in! feels like its been forever! Thanks
15th May 2013, 05:00 PM |#25  
OP Senior Member
Flag CHUUZ3D Galaxy

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by its_dale

NIce.. does it provide enough to cover the camera lense from direct tabke contact?? I ordered this exact leather cover (thanks to your post) almost 2 weeks ago.. i hate using cases, but i want something to help the camera from having direct table contact when on a table

Yes, the camera lens is protected from table contact with the raised lip (I left the sticker on the camera that came with my phone just because). Due to that, the aftermarket replacement adds a tad more to the bulk/thickness but I don't notice it much. Remember that it probably won't fit into hard plastic/wood cases due to the added bulk but rubber, silicone and TPU cases should be just fine.
15th May 2013, 05:17 PM |#26  
Thanks Meter: 8

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThugosaurusRex

I just ordered the black carbon fiber one, can't wait!

Sent from my Nexus 10 using xda app-developers app

How's the carbon fiber one working for you?

Sent from my SGH-M919 using xda app-developers app
16th May 2013, 12:17 PM |#27  
Thanks Meter: 61

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by baolongn

How's the carbon fiber one working for you?

Sent from my SGH-M919 using xda app-developers app

Working great! Made my iPhone-using family jealous, even funnier is before I got it they were dissing on the plastic build
16th May 2013, 09:19 PM |#28  
Thanks Meter: 131

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by KryptosXLayer2

I agree with the point about friction, but damnit that thing got dirty! Did you have yours for long?

I had it for about 6 months. From what I could tell it looked pretty much the same after six months as when new. Maybe your hands are dirtier than mine.
17th May 2013, 04:23 AM |#29  
OP Senior Member
Flag CHUUZ3D Galaxy

More
Review of the black carbon fiber posted!
17th May 2013, 10:24 AM |#30  
Hong Kong/Dallas, Texas
Thanks Meter: 26

More
I wonder why they don't make a battery cover that has the same rubberized non slip coating that you see on phone cases. That would be awesome, I've tried plastidip on my covers, but the coating starts chipping off in a day.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk 2
17th May 2013, 10:45 AM |#31  
Flag Sacramento, CA
Thanks Meter: 599

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by chiefroastbeef

I wonder why they don't make a battery cover that has the same rubberized non slip coating that you see on phone cases. That would be awesome, I've tried plastidip on my covers, but the coating starts chipping off in a day.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk 2

The Galaxy Nexus kind of has a nice coating like that. You have to have some plastic or something for it to snap together and stay closed though.

Sent from my SPH-L720
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
carbon fiber, galaxy s iv, galaxy s4 cover, gs4, leather

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)