I heard a Rice Crispy Treat snap, crackle, and pop and looked around but didn't see anything because I was laying on the couch with my head away from the phone, which was behind me on the side table facing away from me. I then smelled plastic burning then looked around further and saw a plume of smoke emanating from the back of the phone because it was face down.
Next thing I know I turn around, yank it off the charging cable but drop it because I burned my fingers and it created a hole through my shorts in the process due to the extreme heat. Next thing I know, its on the floor and a 3 foot fire ends up shooting up out of the back of the phone because it landed face down but the battery overheated and exploded. It was so bad, I had to use the fire extinguisher to put out the fire and then drag it outside to keep the fire alarm from going outside but also keep from smoking out my apartment!