Thanks Meter: 0

By stonewales, Junior Member on 7th December 2012, 01:02 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
19th December 2012, 12:52 AM |#11  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by 10basetom

Could someone please elaborate on how the D-pad, L/R buttons, and A/B/X/Y buttons actually feel? How do they compare to the PSP, Xperia Play, or JXD S602 controls?

I'm also afraid of latency since this is a Bluetooth controller -- are the controls super responsive, or do you feel some lag?

D pad feels fine, so do the other buttons. I haven't noticed any lag at all.

Only thing that lets this controller down is the analogue sticks, they work... but don't feel great. I could play dead trigger... Just!
19th December 2012, 09:13 AM |#12  
Thanks Meter: 23

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewbCentral

This device looks great! I am hoping to score one soon.

According to a YouTube reviewer, it's got a ~1/4 sec lag. I think I'll pass because I want real-time controller response.
21st December 2012, 02:41 AM |#13  
OP Junior Member
Flag wrexham

More
Quote:

Could someone please elaborate on how the D-pad, L/R buttons, and A/B/X/Y buttons actually feel? How do they compare to the PSP, Xperia Play, or JXD S602 controls?

I'm also afraid of latency since this is a Bluetooth controller -- are the controls super responsive, or do you feel some lag?

Right the dpad and keys all feel like an old nitendo pad and the joy sticks are ok nothing like xbox or playstation 2-3 controller but well worth £15 on amazon and yes a bit of lag but thats down to using drivers not made for it and you soon get used to the lag and adjust...
22nd December 2012, 10:45 PM |#14  

More
What's the largest screen that fits in this?
23rd December 2012, 05:02 AM |#15  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
One X is compatible?
23rd December 2012, 01:44 PM |#16  

More
will galaxy note2 (3.17inch width) fit in this?
23rd December 2012, 08:38 PM |#17  

More
One x- yes, galaxy s3=yes, note=no
27th December 2012, 07:12 PM |#18  
Thanks Meter: 46

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by clownstyle

Yeah got one of these myself the other day (Galaxy S3 LTE). Great for emulators, seems to work fine with MD.Emu.

Confusing problem with GTA: Vice City though.

I had the controller working fine with it then all of a sudden it's just stopped working, now just the movement keys (DPad and Analogue) working

It would be nice to have a confirmed list of working games with this controller though, out of the box.

(Set to Joystick Mode)
I have MD.Emu
Sonic 4 episode 1
Dead Trigger

All working fine.

I have been messing with Game Keyboard, an app where you can assign buttons to on screen key presses, not had much luck though it's quite frustrating!

Anyone else have experience with this app?

I have the same phone and the same gamepad. So at one time, vice city worked with this gamepad? That's been my only disappointment. I'm guessing a vice city update caused the problems. I've only ever been able to get the analogs to work.

---------- Post added at 02:05 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:58 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by stonewales

Right the dpad and keys all feel like an old nitendo pad and the joy sticks are ok nothing like xbox or playstation 2-3 controller but well worth £15 on amazon and yes a bit of lag but thats down to using drivers not made for it and you soon get used to the lag and adjust...

Thats funny, I've been using it with no drivers, and have zero lag to speak of. I'm using it on a stock gs3 (4.11) and have played Shadowgun, Dead Trigger, PCE emulator, and the 2 mame4droid emulators without issue. I just pair it in gamepad mode and go.

I have 2 other phone gamepads and this one has zero latency issues by comparison. My MSI GP100 would lag like crazy. Overall, this is my favorite gamepad for phones yet.

---------- Post added at 02:12 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:05 PM ----------

Quote:

The buttons are great. No problems whatsoever, satisfying click and sturdy feeling.

The analogs I can best compare to the psp, but stiffer and less comfortable. The texture bumps wear on my thumbs and my hands get cramped.

Comfort and the lack of 4 shoulder buttons are the only downfalls to this gamepad. Otherwise it's great.
The Following User Says Thank You to P0ll0L0c0 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift P0ll0L0c0 Ad-Free
2nd January 2013, 09:48 PM |#19  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by P0ll0L0c0

I have the same phone and the same gamepad. So at one time, vice city worked with this gamepad? That's been my only disappointment. I'm guessing a vice city update caused the problems. I've only ever been able to get the analogs to work.

---------- Post added at 02:05 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:58 PM ----------

Thats funny, I've been using it with no drivers, and have zero lag to speak of. I'm using it on a stock gs3 (4.11) and have played Shadowgun, Dead Trigger, PCE emulator, and the 2 mame4droid emulators without issue. I just pair it in gamepad mode and go.

I have 2 other phone gamepads and this one has zero latency issues by comparison. My MSI GP100 would lag like crazy. Overall, this is my favorite gamepad for phones yet.

---------- Post added at 02:12 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:05 PM ----------

The buttons are great. No problems whatsoever, satisfying click and sturdy feeling.

The analogs I can best compare to the psp, but stiffer and less comfortable. The texture bumps wear on my thumbs and my hands get cramped.

Comfort and the lack of 4 shoulder buttons are the only downfalls to this gamepad. Otherwise it's great.

Thanks for the info, i'm on 4.1.2 so hoping it will work out of the box, what button combination is it to pair as gamepad? i've ordered mine but it's coming from HK so will take a while. Will update with my thoughts when I recieve it
2nd January 2013, 10:27 PM |#20  

More
I've got 4.1.2 and it works fine. Just can't get the buttons to work on Vice City

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2
2nd January 2013, 10:49 PM |#21  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by booleanbob

I've got 4.1.2 and it works fine. Just can't get the buttons to work on Vice City

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

Thanks, you didn't need to install this Gametel app then? Sounds like the GTA issue is from a recent update, perhaps it will be fixed in the next update. Have you tried N64oid at all?

By the way I got mine from dx.com for £14.55 if anybody is interested.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)