Post Reply Email Thread
6th September 2012, 07:44 PM |#7291  
Flag Up north!
Thanks Meter: 1,227

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by sami2704

I dont think new nightlies or any other ROMs do any changes in Kernel. They just use drivers in kernel to talk with hardware thats all.

I had installed CM9 kernel & Gapps only while flashing CM10 that too because i had done full wipe. For any other subsequent nightly i only install nightly. No kernel, no Gapps. It work just fine.

Just do wipe cache and dalvik cache before and after install from SD card...

Well ROM CAN & it DOES include new stuff into kernel....
New drivers and so on...all done via kernel patching
The Following User Says Thank You to ppero196 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift ppero196 Ad-Free
6th September 2012, 08:05 PM |#7292  
Thanks Meter: 3,002

More
last build is so nice.. except for video recording still lagging..

also, previously purchased can not be installed via play store.. as I was afraid.. they download properly but then installation fails with unknown error -24
what could it be? i tried two apps i did puchase (tapatalk.. really need it! and quarx donate app).. both fails during install.. instead other free apps from my account can be installed without problems.. please help forum via browser is so slow..
6th September 2012, 08:06 PM |#7293  
Flag Rio de Janeiro
Thanks Meter: 152

More
I'm loving this build so far, very smooth - I know I complained about perception of smoothness after a clean install, but this time if it's not real I really fell victim to this illusion =P (mb525 build installed over previous mb526 build only clearing cache/dalvik). Proximity sensor is responding swiftly =)

There are still a few cons that were occurring for me for some time:

- Compass calibrates ok since the fix, but it still points north with an approximate 15 degrees error (it will point either correct north or a bit off either clockwise or counterclockwise every time I take it up and place it down again)

- GPS doesn't fix unless I'm in wide open space (and I mean WIDE, not even a big window is enough). For what I read over the forums other ICS/JB ROMs have this issue too, specially outside the US (I'm in south america). GPS fixing apps take as much time to lock as google maps (and can't lock in the same situations it can't), and this is with data and/or wifi enabled, I gave up trying to use GPS without data enabled even in the open. Last time I could get certain GPS lock every attempt, even indoors, was with GB or earlier ROMS (namely MIUI GB and stock froyo)

-Brightness sensor seems to get stuck every once in a while (won't light up when moving from shadow to direct sunlight, etc) but this might be due to me changing from defy+ to defy build without a complete wipe (but I did flash the correct kernel)

Plus, I never seem to have this question answered, but here I go again:

What difference does it make flashing the kernel before of after the ROM? does the ROM contain anything the the kernel zip replaces or vice-versa? Are there any technical aspect preventing the ROM to come with the respective kernels built in?

And lastly (please don't hate me) does the leftovers from the SBF flashed before a custom ROM take any part in this? I mean, I've read people saying that CEE or Nordic SBFs were a better starting point for flashing custom ROMs over
6th September 2012, 08:21 PM |#7294  
Flag Pune
Thanks Meter: 110

More
Arrow
Quote:

-GPS doesn't fix unless I'm in wide open space (and I mean WIDE, not even a big window is enough). For what I read over the forums other ICS/JB ROMs have this issue too, specially outside the US (I'm in south america). GPS fixing apps take as much time to lock as google maps (and can't lock in the same situations it can't), and this is with data and/or wifi enabled, I gave up trying to use GPS without data enabled even in the open. Last time I could get certain GPS lock every attempt, even indoors, was with GB or earlier ROMS (namely MIUI GB and stock froyo)

-Brightness sensor seems to get stuck every once in a while (won't light up when moving from shadow to direct sunlight, etc)

I agree with GPS and Brightness sensor issue... I did full wipe before installing latest nightly..
About brightness sensor: When i go from direct sunlight to shadow or vice-versa screen brightness doesn't change.. i have to lock phone and when i unlock it, i get the proper brightness... Any1 with the same issue?
6th September 2012, 08:24 PM |#7295  
Thanks Meter: 4

More
for whoever is using apex/Nova launcher but experiencing lags try holo launcher HD (free version available). it is actually made for jb unlike other launchers, which haven't been updated for months.

Sent from my MB526
The Following User Says Thank You to lief.erl For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift lief.erl Ad-Free
6th September 2012, 08:26 PM |#7296  
Flag Pune
Thanks Meter: 110

More
Thumbs up
Quote:
Originally Posted by lief.erl

for whoever is using apex/Nova launcher but experiencing lags try holo launcher HD (free version available). it is actually made for jb unlike other launchers, which haven't been updated for months.

Sent from my MB526

Yes, HOLO Launcher HD works great and it is specially made for JB, so all the new JB animations are there..
6th September 2012, 08:27 PM |#7297  
Thanks Meter: 293

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ppero196

Well ROM CAN & it DOES include new stuff into kernel....
New drivers and so on...all done via kernel patching

not for us... locked bootloader, remember?

before.. after.. it doesn't make any difference..
6th September 2012, 08:29 PM |#7298  
Thanks Meter: 3,002

More
me too.. brightness sensor seems to work.only after locking display.

which apps are.you using for compass? i'm using compass from catch.com and seems to me pretty precise!
6th September 2012, 08:36 PM |#7299  
Flag Bogotá, Colombia, Colombia
Thanks Meter: 866

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by diogo.sena

not for us... locked bootloader, remember?

before.. after.. it doesn't make any difference..

That's incorrect... kernel patching is possible via custom modules....

Enviado desde mi MB525 usando Tapatalk 2
6th September 2012, 08:36 PM |#7300  
Flag La Rioja
Thanks Meter: 41

More
Gapless playback
What about gapless playback? I far as I know, official JB supports it. Correct if I'm wrong.

Thank you very much Quarx for your awesome work. You're a surprisingly skilled dev! Please keep your abilities with our rock-solid defy!
6th September 2012, 08:37 PM |#7301  
Flag Mumbai (Bombay)
Thanks Meter: 270

More
Anyone else facing a Wallpaper bug?

I ca nno longer select a pic to crop it as a wallpaper. And using other apps too...... my wallpapers only stick in a Non-scrollable mode.

Tried full wipe+cache+dalvik..yet no respite.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
android 4.1, cm10, cyanogen 10 for defy, defy cm10, defy rajnikant, defy+ mb526, eppy+quarkx= motorola rolled, future is here, god, jellybean, nicholas, omsk, quarx > chuck norris, quarx for world emperor, quarx gooood, quarx myth of defy!, quarx our defy deity, quarx rlz, quarx the chosen one, quarx thou...areth...god, quarxorola, singapore, take that motorola, winged doom, zee defy is the best

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)