[AIO] ROMTools v2.3.1 (ex-recoveryflasher) Tons of new features!

Search This thread

AndyOpie150

May 8, 2011
Florida
This Utility was designed to be used with the SuperOneClick Root Utility v1.6.3. This will only give a proper temp root (shell root option) with ZV4 V's with a Novatek screen. This will not give a full root. You must use the SuperOneClick Shell Root option and then push su and Busybox with shell commands to obtain a full root without bricking your phone.
If you have a newer ZV5 or ZV9 phone with the Hitachi screen and a locked bootloader you won't be able to root with this Utility. You will need to use the Gingerbreak.apk (ZV4 and ZV5 only) or the EManUL3XXX Optimus Root.zip (ZV4, ZV5, and ZV9) found here:http://androidforums.com/optimus-v-all-things-root/531810-rooting-2.html#post4226913
You can also try this Utility: http://forums.androidcentral.com/op...acks/194557-aio-wip-romtools-phatninja55.html

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Please read entire post!

Capture-3.png

I really dislike typing out ADB commands. I'm sure some of you feel the same. This program combines some of the most common tasks we perform with ADB and automates them for you.

Where is Recovery Flasher?
    All the features are built into this program. I have decided to expand this program's functionality.

Features Explained

Flash ROM - Place a ROM in the 'ROM' folder renamed rom.zip. Hit enter and the zip will get flashed to your phone automatically

Flash Recovery - Will help you flash a recovery to your phone. For the Optimus V users, it will help you install all the needed drivers as well as obtain root privileges. Optimus T, S, and One phones will be able to flash a recovery.

Wipe dalvik-cache - Self explanatory .

Mount /system r/w - Allows read/write access to /system

Push ROM to SD card - Self explanatory (pushes to root of sd)

Push framework-res.apk - Pushes framework-res.apk to /framework, wipes dalvik-cache, and reboots the phone for you.

Push bootanimation.zip - Will remove boot animation and replace with one of your choice. (removes from /data/local as well as /system/media)

Reboot - Reboot

Reboot into Recovery - Obv.

Recoveries
    CWMA v1.2518.4 for V and S
    drellisdee's Recovery for T and One (thread with dl link will open automatically)

Capture2.png

Recovery Instructions
    - Download
    - Unzip the folder somewhere (desktop is easy)
    - Double click RecoveryFlasher.exe
    - Choose 'flash recovery'
    - Place your phone in debug mode >setting>applications>development>USB debugging
    - Choose what you want to do
    - Follow the prompts and hit "any" key when told
    - Your phone will reboot into the recovery for you, and from there you can mount your sdcard and transfer a new ROM to flash. Or even easier, use the new "Flash ROM to phone" feature :)

You're responsible for your own actions Mr. Sister

Changelog

v2.3.1
    - Complete overhaul
    - All original features retained
    - Can now flash ROM for you
    - Wipe dalvik-cache option
    - Push framework-res.apk added
    - Push bootanimation.zip added
    - Beta support for Optimus T recovery added
    - Fixed Optimus One issue
    - More code cleanup and stability improved
    - Tons of other BS
    - Download ROMTools v2.3.1 with Optimus V drivers
    - Download ROMTools v2.3.1 without drivers

v1.3
    - Beta support for Optimus One recovery added
    - Useful tools added
    ---- Reboot
    ---- Reboot into recovery
    ---- Mount /system
    ---- Push ROM to SD Card (place ROM in the 'ROM' folder and it will be pushed to the root of your SD card)
    - Code cleanup
    - Lots of code rewritten
    - File cleanup
    - Stability improved
    - New font color :)
    - Progress bar added
    - Drivers now optional
    - Other junk I'm forgetting
    - Download Recovery Flasher v1.3 (without V drivers)
    - Download Recovery Flasher v1.3 (with V drivers)

v1.0
    - Initial release
    - Optimus V and S support
    - Download Recovery Flasher v1.0

FAQ
    Can I use this with a different recovery?
    -Yes. Any recovery can be used for the supported devices.
    -To use an alternate recovery for the V or S, rename the new recovery to vrecovery.img and replace the 'vrecovery.img' included with the new one.
    -For the Optimus One, the recovery needs to be named grecovery.img.
    I don't understand the version numbers. Why did some numbers get skipped?
    -First digit represents a huge change. Second represents new features. Third represents a bug fix
    -2.3.1 = Second huge update with 3 feature revisions and one bug fix

credits: Koush, Zefie, CLShortFuse
    CWMA
    flash rom to phone? valid for stock/default LG rom also? or only custom roms? i guess its only for custom rom.

really nice work. appreciate it. thanks.

If you are stock, install a custom recovery and root first and you'll be good. Or if you mean you want to flash a stock ROM, then yes you can.