Votes: 5 11.4%
  • other Launcher

Votes: 2 4.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Search This thread
Sep 1, 2012
More questions

Wow that was fast RUSCAN :good: many many thanks again.Regarding the OC KERNEL i have questions:
1.Is it stable to flash
2.Can this kernel be used with set cpu
3.Undervolting
4.Max. stable overclock
5.Is this kernel only for gb roms
one more thing can we install adw launcher EX or any other launcher with this gb rom ????? Cheers MATE

Last edited:

furumuser

Sep 19, 2012
First of all Ruscan, THANKS for your past work with froyo and now with GB!!! :good:

I wanna give a try to your rom but, as suggested, I'm stucked at step 0: update with alcatel stock ROM.

I tried to update my OT-908 using the "One Touch Upgrade Q 1.9.9" but i still get the old ROM 2.2.2 (FRG83G.v63S-0).

What am I missing :confused:

Thank's in advance

ruscan.calin

Nov 29, 2010
I tried but... http ://puu.sh/16By2
I guess it detects that my phone is not a Move.

your phone was detected but no update is available use this software later to check update !

@ALL there is a ROM update available check post #1

@Madk9 check ot908.blogspot.ro for a solution how to flash /enter recovery I think it's hardware-related
@albanian.eagle yes use what you want to control CPU this kernel is stable and yes you can use ADW.Launcher Ex copy apk file to /data/app

Last edited:

ruscan.calin

Nov 29, 2010
And what about czech lang in ver 2.0?

Odesláno z mého Galaxy Nexus pomocí Tapatalk 2

I know but it's about changing 5-6 apks and I never had the time to but will be soon and I'm not sure if it's possible so tell me about screen locker of your stock rom how it looks like ? I do not have time to flash it but you made it .. so tell me it's like this one from custom rom ? if so this is ok if not....

NOTE

about ver 2 when starting A2SDGUI it output an error and it's closed
to solve the problem open Terminal Emulator
to start a2sd service enter a command like
Code:
su
a2sd check
OR
su
a2sd help

then you can use A2SDGUI...

I have to fix it on Froyo wasn't present

better is to remove it anyway A2SDGUI is only a GUI graphical interface to a2sd so you can work with a2sd without A2SDGUI ..

open Terminal Emulator then

Code:
su
a2sd cachesd

in order to move Dalvik to /sd-ext to get ~40-50 MB free space on internal memory use Root Explorer to see /sd-ext content

or

Code:
su 
a2sd reinstall

to move installed apps to /sd-ext anyway :

-not all apps are movable (long discussion)
-there is another option in phone menu /setting/applications/ to move them to sdcard (some )

well, NEVER use both of them !
why ? because you will move from /sd-ext (on sdcard) to fat32 (on sdcard) -------> no change in free space on internal memory ...

Last edited:
Reactions: jwkk and cbacsro

ruscan.calin

Nov 29, 2010
Thank you ruscan again,
I haven't got the gb upgrade yet, so I searched some solutions, and I found an interesting thing:
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1089989
If I flash the GB bootloader, can i flash your rom?:confused:

I have to take a look at it and update this post later anyway it's risky
but better wait it's about time only, soon will be GB for your phone too I'm sure about that!

It works for Samsung (some) phones do not use it anyway if you get any errors when flashing bootloader phone is gone and you will pay to repair it
you can really brick then phone I'm sure it works but.. for Samsung i9000..

bricked= corrupted bootloader=phone is dead (will never boot/black screen) ----> do not lose time send it in service

Last edited:
Reactions: cbacsro

jwkk

Oct 10, 2010
www.jwkk.biz

azra_layon

Sep 19, 2012
not upgrading for me too

both upgrades (move and ot-908) dont upgrade for me.
says that i already have the last software .
what can i do?

pss: thanks for your job man

stracker06

Jan 23, 2012
Sorry, but I don't understand exactly. Is there an official ROM for this phone (from the Alcatel)? If there is an official Rom where can I find it? If there isn't an official, how can be this ROM made? It was made by the usage of an other phone's Gingerbread ROM?
Please answer my questions. I'm amateur a little bit in these things.
Thank you!:eek:

martin131

Nov 22, 2011
@ruscan.calin Here is lockscreen from czech stock ROM.

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1348123283014.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1348123283014.jpg
    43.6 KB · Views: 156
Sep 1, 2012
now cpu is clocked 765mhz ,can it go further?

i am using data2sd to move entire apps from internal to sd card and it really works.

and for memory tweaks im using supercharger script and scrolling is really fast.

now this litle phone rocks. what do you say ruscan.callin about this tweaks?

Last edited:
Reactions: ruscan.calin

linusuli

Jun 5, 2012
Logcat file

:crying: Ruscan.calin Well, here I put the logcat...Sorry not let me upload the file:(

ruscan.calin

Nov 29, 2010
How to know if you are eligible to install this custom ROM

Sorry, but I don't understand exactly. Is there an official ROM for this phone (from the Alcatel)? If there is an official Rom where can I find it? If there isn't an official, how can be this ROM made? It was made by the usage of an other phone's Gingerbread ROM?
Please answer my questions. I'm amateur a little bit in these things.
Thank you!:eek:

There is an official update to Gingerbread for this phone BUT not available for all countries yet !
why is this why not for all countries ? it depends of Alcatel but your GSM provider is also involved so you have to wait for that update it's a matter of time finally all phones all coutries will get this GB update !

This custom ROM is based on official Alcatel update so do not flash it if there is no update for your country as I know it's released for Romania Czech Republic etc but not available in Bulgaria at this time.

It's a matter of compatible bootloader by this update you get a new bootloader so do not flash custom ROM if you do not have GB bootloader !

how to check for update

-ensure that you have Android SDK and phone drivers installed

-install Move Upgrade tool or One Touch Upgrade
-shut down the phone press Menu (big button) KEEP IT PRESSED and connect phone to PC KEEP BUTTON PRESSED
-start Move Upgrade /One Touch Upgrade it should detect the phone and check for update
-if it says "connect the phone or phone not detected" well be sure you have drivers installed or restart PC
-if it says "no update available for your phone" that's it just wait and try it again later

if you flashed this custom ROM but never checked for update so you do not have the new GB bootloader ----> at first start up you get black screen it means bootloader will not recognize GB kernel so return to Froyo

Last edited:
Reactions: cbacsro

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    keeping in touch with OneTouch
    Robinson ROM for Alcatel OT908

FOR ALCATEL OT-908 ONLY !

features :
    • removed "gifts"
    • based on stock Gingerbread 2.3.4
    • root, busybox, bash ,sqlite interface, tun.ko module
    • /etc/init.d scripting support
    • /data/app feature
    • kernel with new governors,schedulers, CPU range [122,768]
    • DSP Manager and screenshot from CM
    • a2sd to move everything to sdcard ext partition
    • Holo Launcher, modded status bar with transparency
    • mods, tweaks, changes

languages (locale)
    • English
    • Romanian
    • German
    • Spanish
    • French
    • Italian
    • Hungarian
    • Dutch
    • Turkish
    • Portuguese
    • Russian
    • Polish
    • Czech
    • Macedonian
    • Serbian
    • Bulgarian

flashing
    notes

IMPORTANT ! -this ROM will work only for the case you already have an official Gingerbread update from Alcatel by Move Upgrade/ One Touch Upgrade/ OTA update ! if you are on Froyo/ Android 2.2.2 never flash this ROM - will simply not work !!

download

hrejsi.jwkk.biz
    info-howto- patch-update

CLOCKWORKMOD RECOVERY 5.0.2.8

flash it by fastboot like usual

Code:
    fastboot flash recovery recovery.img

KEYS PROBLEM FOR 908S/ 908F/ 908A

if you have to touch search key to get back etc read this post

STOCK ROMs Gingerbread-based

1. Cosmote Romania
    2. T-Mobile Czech Republic
    3. Yoigo Spain
    4. T-Mobile Macedonia

TO SYNC PHONE

MyPhoneExplorer -has the ability to control the phone from PC, client included in custom ROM just install desktop application to sync phone !

QtADB - advanced tool both Linux and Windows, many features

ROOT -ONLY for the case you are on STOCK ROM and just want stock rooted

-download and flash by Recovery it comes with the last ver 3.1.3 of Superuser downloaded from Market (not from a site) -just to be sure it's safe
    -yes this custom ROM comes with root enabled so you do not need to flash this package only for the case you prefer to stay on stock but want to mod it yourself
    (as seen from poll results many prefer staying on stock rom )

STOCK RECOVERY

as you requested download stock recovery from attachment anyway a stock recovery is not good to flash a custom ROM file - you get signature-verification error that's why we build custom recovery ! stock recovery is good to flash an update signed by manufacturer by example and update that comes as .zip package by FOTA (Firmware Over The Air ); anyway this stock recovery has no menu you can use it to perform a factory reset from phone menu only !

DOWNLOAD
    New

Hi, its me again with my project CyanogenMod PerfoMix compiled for your devices.
    And, I can fixed the crash (has on previous build) of status bar with new innovations - slider for brightness control from expand status bar and data speed widget. Added new lockscreen (ICS, JB, JB Glow), incall lockscreen (CyanogenMod settings - Lockscreen - Styles) with respond via sms (Settings - Calls). More major fixes. But I didn't adapted stock keyboard for LDPI.

Download:
    cm-PerfoMix-Move-20130726-Release
    Which languages are included?

you are the first to post here:)

well, for Czech or others I need as I said a copy of your stock ROM I suppose you have Czech in stock then upload it somewhere

I need system.img and datadata.img
    So, if we flash this GB rom there is no going back to Froyo if it fails?

firstly check by Move Upgrade/ One Touch Upgrade for a GB official update then feel free to test this custom rom if you want to revert to stock GB (official update) will be easy - do a backup before to flash custom rom at this time you can not use this GB rom -just try for an official update in order to get a-new-and-happy bootloader - with this update yes you CAN NOT revert to any Froyo-based roms !

@ALL

I made an update :kernel with OC flash it by CWM get it from post #2