[APP]AMOLED Notification Light "NotifyBuddy"

Search This thread

HarshBoy99

Jun 28, 2018
New Delhi
So I was annoyed not having an LED notification light on oneplus 6t so I tried to make one of my own;).
As OP6T has amoled display whenever a desired notification comes the app brings in a black screen with notification LED looking animation.

Though this is tested on OP6T, it should be working for most Android Oreo and later phones.
If not working for your phone, I'll suggest you to send me logs at xanderapps252@gmail.com

To use it:
Install App.
Disable any battery optimisation for the app.
Give notification access permission.
Give full screen permission(if any required for your phone)
Select apps you want notifications for, by choosing a color (Only apps you set a color to enables LEDs).
Note: On successfully selecting a color for an app the text in which the App name is written should change to that color
Thats it.

For MIUI 11 devices make sure that AutoStart is enabled in App Info. Also check "Show on lock screen" permission in other settings.
Settings image: https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=1yxrLd5u7kLSGBwviKhXYqM21YLC8Dhiv

Note: To turn off the LED and to unlock phone double tap anywhere on the screen or use power button.

App now available on Play Store, please rate and share if you liked the app.
Play Store Link: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.xander.android.notifybuddy

Working Video: https://youtu.be/vFKiHS_ZD-k

See settings for your phone for NotifyBuddy on this link: https://dontkillmyapp.com
If it is not running after various troubleshoot measures, maybe send the logs.

Give your feedback!!

Last edited:

min-dfreak

Jun 20, 2012
Working great, good job!
What about System Apps (Phone, message etc.) ? I'm not able to find them in your app.
Gmail is missing as well and it is not a system app.

Thanks in advance!

Reactions: HarshBoy99
Working great, good job!
What about System Apps (Phone, message etc.) ? I'm not able to find them in your app.
Gmail is missing as well and it is not a system app.

Thanks in advance!

Same here. Also, an off switch for each app would be more convenient instead of picking white colour.
This is just what I needed, works great on my phone. Thank you!

HarshBoy99

Jun 28, 2018
New Delhi
@HarshBoy99 Hello! Thank you for the job you''re doing, but if you don't mind, i would like to point some important things.
You'r app uses a black overlay with a colorized dot in the corner, it's cool but there is a but. If The device is in a pocket, and you're using a pocket detection, the screen will turn on and show the pocket detection screen - what kinda annoying issue.
Another moment, again - becauses there is a use of black overlay, when there is already a notification panding and you recieve anothere on, there is a head-up notification with the all status bar info that shows up, again - kinda annoying.

As a recommandation - trigger the built-in AOD app instead of using a black overlay, that will fix the issues i've mentioned above + there will be an option to use fingerprint scanner on notifications.

Wish you the best!
Well I have included pocket detection in app, i.e if the LED is on and the sensor is covered the activity will be stopped. But if you have pocket mode on, it will show you the pocket mode screen for a brief moment and then switch off the display. This will help save battery if phone is in your pocket.
Yeah on that heads-up notification, I haven't found a way to get rid of this but it is only an issue of few seconds.
There are already many apps that bring on the default AOD display but it doesn't feel like an actual LED and moreover we can't change the appearance of AOD as it is a system app.
Thank You!

DinarQ8

Nov 23, 2010
Kuwait City
I wish there is an more option for WhatsApp. I do not want to receive LED from the Watsp group

Thanks

تم الإرسال من ONEPLUS A6013 باستخدام Tapatalk

pacoleon

Apr 5, 2015
Thanks for the app.

I have a problem in my op6t.
When i use the app and the notification led is on, the unlock button does not works well, i mean, i have to push three or four times.

Sorry about my english, i hope you can understand me. ?

prathamesh95

Aug 14, 2016
I have been using the app for some days now. I have also locked the app in recents to avoid it being killed or stop functioning. But when I get a notification, double tapping doesn't work instantly. Have to tap 4 times at least. Also, on unlocking the phone, I am in the Notify Buddy app instead.

Joe199799

Sep 7, 2014
Google Pixel 7 Pro
App is great if you don't mind me offering suggestions I have a couple.

The light to move around in intervals across the top of the screen or even the two corners just to prevent possible burn in, say if you get a notification in the middle of the night or something and it blinks for hours on end (I know the chances are slim, but better to be safe than sorry)

Possibly an option to cycle the notification light if you have multiple notifications, so if I have a sms text and a messenger text it would blink once for the sms and once for messenger and cycle between them so I know I have 2 notifications.

An interval setting maybe how fast or slow for it to pulse or to keep it static. (If you choose to make it static warn it could possibly cause burn in)

If it's possible a way to keep the overlay active unless the notification is gone, I tested the app sending myself an sms text just to make sure everything was working I left the notification and the overlay didn't go back to the LED the screen just stayed black. If I'm not mistaken an actual notification light would stay active until the notification for said app was cleared.

That's all I really have for suggestions, I appreciate what you're doing with this app it's honestly the best alternative to any of the apps attempting to replicate a notification LED. I don't want you to think I don't like the app I'm just thinking of how my old phones with notification LED's behaved with notifications. Again thank you for your work and I hope my suggestions were something that could be of use.

HarshBoy99

Jun 28, 2018
New Delhi
I have been using the app for some days now. I have also locked the app in recents to avoid it being killed or stop functioning. But when I get a notification, double tapping doesn't work instantly. Have to tap 4 times at least. Also, on unlocking the phone, I am in the Notify Buddy app instead.
Already aware of this issue, will try to fix it asap

HarshBoy99

Jun 28, 2018
New Delhi
App is great if you don't mind me offering suggestions I have a couple.

The light to move around in intervals across the top of the screen or even the two corners just to prevent possible burn in, say if you get a notification in the middle of the night or something and it blinks for hours on end (I know the chances are slim, but better to be safe than sorry)

Possibly an option to cycle the notification light if you have multiple notifications, so if I have a sms text and a messenger text it would blink once for the sms and once for messenger and cycle between them so I know I have 2 notifications.

An interval setting maybe how fast or slow for it to pulse or to keep it static. (If you choose to make it static warn it could possibly cause burn in)

If it's possible a way to keep the overlay active unless the notification is gone, I tested the app sending myself an sms text just to make sure everything was working I left the notification and the overlay didn't go back to the LED the screen just stayed black. If I'm not mistaken an actual notification light would stay active until the notification for said app was cleared.

That's all I really have for suggestions, I appreciate what you're doing with this app it's honestly the best alternative to any of the apps attempting to replicate a notification LED. I don't want you to think I don't like the app I'm just thinking of how my old phones with notification LED's behaved with notifications. Again thank you for your work and I hope my suggestions were something that could be of use.
Thanks for a constructive feedback?
Would try to implement this as fast as I could!

HarshBoy99

Jun 28, 2018
New Delhi
Well this was exactly how I wanted for my app to function, but while testing it myself I observed that I had pending notification almost always and it would drain the battery exponentially. Therefore I went with notifying the user only while he is away from phone.

Reactions: sighunter

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hello, I am French, and I write with the translator, please forgive me if there are any mistakes.
    I recently had a Samsung S10e, without a Notification LED (🥺), having an A8 2018 before with a LED, I am looking for an application to replace it.
    After a lot of research, I came across this Notify Buddy app, which I think is great, and purchased the premium version. Unfortunately, even after setting all the settings, it works at first, then not at all afterwards.
    I have battery optimization, which I disabled for the application and set no restrictions in the background, forced the execution, but it's still the same.
    This application is really what I'm looking for, the closest to the original Led and very beautiful and original, I really like it, well done to the developer.
    Do you have any tips to help me make it work correctly please?
    (I even asked Chat Gpt out of desperation 😅)
    Thank you very much.
    Marie.
    So I was annoyed not having an LED notification light on oneplus 6t so I tried to make one of my own;).
    As OP6T has amoled display whenever a desired notification comes the app brings in a black screen with notification LED looking animation.

Though this is tested on OP6T, it should be working for most Android Oreo and later phones.
    If not working for your phone, I'll suggest you to send me logs at xanderapps252@gmail.com

To use it:
    Install App.
    Disable any battery optimisation for the app.
    Give notification access permission.
    Give full screen permission(if any required for your phone)
    Select apps you want notifications for, by choosing a color (Only apps you set a color to enables LEDs).
    Note: On successfully selecting a color for an app the text in which the App name is written should change to that color
    Thats it.

For MIUI 11 devices make sure that AutoStart is enabled in App Info. Also check "Show on lock screen" permission in other settings.
    Settings image: https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=1yxrLd5u7kLSGBwviKhXYqM21YLC8Dhiv

Note: To turn off the LED and to unlock phone double tap anywhere on the screen or use power button.

App now available on Play Store, please rate and share if you liked the app.
    Play Store Link: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.xander.android.notifybuddy

Working Video: https://youtu.be/vFKiHS_ZD-k

See settings for your phone for NotifyBuddy on this link: https://dontkillmyapp.com
    If it is not running after various troubleshoot measures, maybe send the logs.

Give your feedback!!
    [Thread Cleaned]

Please keep the conversation respectful and constructive. Your €1.3($1.5?) contribution does not entitle you to spread discredit about a developer or their work. If we encounter apps that obviously violate our terms we will step in but NotifyBuddy has a 4.0 ⭐ rating with 1M+ installs on the Play Store. We should all keep in mind that the amount of work and love put into an application like this is tremendous. Not to mention the headaches it brings to devs to make something compatible with the hundreds of Android powered devices out there. In return of all the amazing development shared on these grounds (with all core functionality free!) we expect at least some humility and basic respect from our members towards our most invaluable assets: the developers.

Something not working? Do your research, provide logs, full technical details and anything that may be relevant to development. Stating something like "boohoo it doesn't work so fix it!" doesn't help anyone. We're a community, help one another. Detail any issue to the developer when needed. Thank you for your kindness.

If you have any questions or comments about this, please feel free to PM me.

Have a great day!
    Timmy
    Forum Moderator

CC: @HarshBoy99
    members

I may remind you that whenever certain unpleasant posts get in your way on this forum, best is to report and to not engage and that`s because it may trigger even more drama and you`d eventually become part of it, I tell you, we can handle it.
    Forum Rules
    2. Member conduct.

2.1 Language: XDA is a worldwide community. As a result, what may be OK to say in your part of the world, may not be OK elsewhere. Please don't direct profanity, sexually explicit language or other offensive content toward Members or their work. Conversely, while reading posts from other members, remember that the word you find offensive may not be offensive to the writer. Tolerance is a two-way street.

2.3 Flaming / Lack of respect: XDA is about sharing and this does not involve virtual yelling (flaming) or rudeness. Flaming or posting with a lack of respect is unacceptable. Treat new members in the manner in which you would like to have been treated when you were a new member. When dealing with any member, provide them with guidance, advice and instructions when you can, showing them respect and courtesy. Never post in a demanding, argumentative, disrespectful or self-righteous manner.

2.5 All members are expected to read and adhere to the XDA rules.
    6. Do not post or request warez.

If a piece of software requires you to pay to use it, then pay for it. We do not accept warez nor do we permit members to request, post, promote or describe ways in which warez, cracks, serial codes or other means of avoiding payment, can be obtained or used. This is a site of developers, i.e. the sort of people who create such software. When you cheat a software developer, you cheat us as a community.
    that being said, a small cleaning has been performed along with the ugly warez.

Thanks for understanding and enjoy the forums!
    Same here. Also, an off switch for each app would be more convenient instead of picking white colour.
    This is just what I needed, works great on my phone. Thank you!
    Added an on/off switch, thanks for feedback