Remove All Ads from XDA
Honor 7x
Win an Honor 7X!

Best Cell Phone Unlocking Website??

187 posts
Thanks Meter: 10

By mosrobit, Senior Member on 20th January 2011, 07:44 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
I'm on At&T and just bought a T-Mobile G2 and am having a b!tch of a time getting this thing unlocked. I've used three cell unlocking websites and thus far none of them have been able to give me an unlock code saying that my imei is too new and not in any data base yet. So does anyone know of any awesome unlocking website that has current codes or am I screwed? Are there any other options to get this code?

BTW, yes I know I'll never be able to get 3G but I don't care, this phone is awesome and the DesireZ was too much money!!

20th January 2011, 08:51 AM |#2  
Flag Spokane, WA
Thanks Meter: 56

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mosrobit

I'm on At&T and just bought a T-Mobile G2 and am having a b!tch of a time getting this thing unlocked. I've used three cell unlocking websites and thus far none of them have been able to give me an unlock code saying that my imei is too new and not in any data base yet. So does anyone know of any awesome unlocking website that has current codes or am I screwed? Are there any other options to get this code?

BTW, yes I know I'll never be able to get 3G but I don't care, this phone is awesome and the DesireZ was too much money!!

You found the site you seek Start with studying this thread very carefully.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=916431
20th January 2011, 02:11 PM |#3  
Flag 127.0.0.1
Thanks Meter: 8

More
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=855764
20th January 2011, 03:09 PM |#4  
Thanks Meter: 15

More
Ignore both of those links. The CORRECT answer is to press the "WIKI" button at the top of the screen, select YOUR DEVICE, and read the instructions THERE. Wiki = "official". Thread = who the hell knows.
20th January 2011, 04:22 PM |#5  
Flag West Hills, CA US
Thanks Meter: 60

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by zkid2010

You found the site you seek Start with studying this thread very carefully.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=916431

Quote:
Originally Posted by lightningtrip

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=855764

What these guys are talking about is that one of the side effects of the recommended method to root the G2 is that the phone becomes SIM unlocked in the process. If you root your phone using the "gfree method" your phone will be both unlocked and rooted (and more) at the end of the process and it won't cost you a dime.
20th January 2011, 05:33 PM |#6  
Flag UK
Thanks Meter: 54

More
WOAH,.... bet the OP is gona be well confuzzled!!!!

TO CLARIFY.......

Both links provided, and also the WIKI will point you towards the "GFree Root, Super CID & Subsidy unlock".

No-one has given you incorrect info here.
20th January 2011, 08:51 PM |#7  
OP Senior Member
Flag Wyoming
Thanks Meter: 10

More
I already perm rooted my G2 so I guess the gfree method is out..... Thanks for the suggestions though and it's my own damn fault for not doing my homework first.
20th January 2011, 08:59 PM |#8  
Flag Spokane, WA

More
Quote:

I already perm rooted my G2 so I guess the gfree method is out..... Thanks for the suggestions though and it's my own damn fault for not doing my homework first.

Ok so the one reply that said to ignore our advice is a troll and spends more time getting warnings from mods...next its not too late to reroot and sim unlock via gfree just do a bit of reading in that rollup thread I linked. U may need to unroot first and redo it with gfree but totally doable my friend.

Sent from my T-Mobile G2 using XDA App
20th January 2011, 09:33 PM |#9  
Flag Vancouver
Thanks Meter: 159

More
Give the man a straight answer, pplz.
mobileincanada.com
20th January 2011, 09:39 PM |#10  
Flag West Hills, CA US
Thanks Meter: 60

Donate to Me
More
Quote:

You should still be able to use gfree to unlock even if you have already got permanent root.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/wiki...rn_Radio_S-OFF
20th January 2011, 09:39 PM |#11  
Flag Spokane, WA

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by convolution

Give the man a straight answer, pplz.
mobileincanada.com

We have. The rollup thread has everything he'll need and there are much better tuts to start with (installing/setting up adb etc) that will get him started before he can even look at the Wiki and make sense of it.

That said, now the OP will most likely be interested in unrooting depending on how he perma-rooted it and try to get back to a full gfree subsidy/super cid/s-off unlock.

What was your contribution again?
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)