1,664 posts
Thanks Meter: 595

By litetaker, Senior Member on 25th January 2012, 01:42 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
27th January 2012, 06:53 PM |#101  
Flag Nebraska
Thanks Meter: 39

More
That Torch shortcut is pretty sweet. Never knew, been using it awhile.

27th January 2012, 07:08 PM |#102  
Thanks Meter: 1,854

More
Just wanted to say that the "Seamless Dark White" theme along with "BackToBlack" icons is pretty nice. Just dont use the lock screen. lol

EDIT: In case anyone is interested in the icons:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1460565
27th January 2012, 09:36 PM |#103  
Flag CA
Thanks Meter: 52

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by 03civicdx

I am. If you don't play games you should be good.

Sent from my DROID X2 using xda premium

Most of the games I play still run (Worms, Sentinel) but the sound doesn't work. That's not a big issue for me because I usually turn my phone down all the way when I play games anyways.

I would suggest anyone curious about this ROM to go ahead and give it a go, just know that it is kind of buggy but it isn't unusable. The kinks should be worked out in a timely manner and you could use this short period to familiarize yourself with MIUI if you haven't used it in the past (the launcher, messenger, browser, ext).

Seems like some people here and completely new to MIUI, here are a few little tricks you can do with this ROM. Most that I have tried work (screenshot just reboots my device). These seem a little goofy, but trust me, you'll miss them should you choose to leave MIUI

http://maketecheasier.com/17-hidden-...iui/2011/05/15
27th January 2012, 11:15 PM |#104  
Flag 18518
Thanks Meter: 250

More
I hope this gets updated soon. There are some decent bugs the more I use it. The phone soft reboots sometimes, wifi shuts off with the screen even though I switched to never in settings, app force closes, sound issues as clearly noted, video issues, wake lock issue, android system using a lot of battery, etc. I'm not trying to shy people away. I love miui and was waiting for this release. I'm just posting bugs I've seen.

28th January 2012, 01:29 AM |#105  
Thanks Meter: 31

More
Wow first time using miui... ever. I must say I had my doubts after using cm7, but so far it seems real nice. Thanks Ace and all others whose work went into this.

I have a nice set of nandroids now, all 2.3.4.

Stock
Eclipse 1.3
CM7
MIUI

28th January 2012, 04:11 AM |#106  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by phoenix2217

I hope this gets updated soon. There are some decent bugs the more I use it. The phone soft reboots sometimes, wifi shuts off with the screen even though I switched to never in settings, app force closes, sound issues as clearly noted, video issues, wake lock issue, android system using a lot of battery, etc. I'm not trying to shy people away. I love miui and was waiting for this release. I'm just posting bugs I've seen.

I hear you on some of those bugs, but the battery getting burned out quickly seems weird to me. I am going on 12 hours of decent usage and still at 66%

by decent usage i mean: downloaded some themes and apps, streaming music for 45+ min, texting, calling, wifi on (when it works), auto sync on, and more.

Have you tried using battery calibration? its a free app in the market and i use it every time i flash a new rom and it seems to have helped any issues with my phone.
28th January 2012, 05:10 AM |#107  
Thanks Meter: 57

More
For those of you guys not watching Ace's twitter like a hawk,

"Expect next beta around Tuesday or wed. My working setup before I bricked is on my work computer."
28th January 2012, 06:36 PM |#108  
Thanks Meter: 32

More
Finally we have working MIUI for D2, appriciate OP and Dev's work and time.

Thinks I used often all working except minor minor wifi issue. It won't re-connect after wake up. I have to do OFF/ON in setting page to make it re-connect. Hope we will have fix in next beta.
28th January 2012, 11:44 PM |#109  
Flag Croydon
Thanks Meter: 12

More
lovin it so far, but how the heck do i get to my music on internal sd in the music player? my music just isnt showing up, in fact in file explorer i cant even figure out how to get to the internal sd or root directories......thanks
29th January 2012, 12:03 AM |#110  
Thanks Meter: 14

More
Not sure if it's been mentioned but I set up my new 55 gallon fish tank and tried to get some video of it and the video recorder doesn't work.

29th January 2012, 12:59 AM |#111  
Flag Nebraska
Thanks Meter: 39

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jlewis894

lovin it so far, but how the heck do i get to my music on internal sd in the music player? my music just isnt showing up, in fact in file explorer i cant even figure out how to get to the internal sd or root directories......thanks

Look for emmc, that's the internal.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)