[APP] Semaphore Manager 2.7.6

Search This thread

Defqon1911

Sep 17, 2012
i rly rly love your kernel since the beginning.. its still a good one on jelly bean.
the manager app will totally complete the expirence :)

H-Body

Jan 19, 2012
A feature i would really love to see in your app is the possiblity to backup the current kernel settings. I found some nice parameters for vibration, etc. and it's far more comfortable to restore them after a wipe with the app than writing it down to a paper :p

stratosk

Recognized Developer
Mar 3, 2011
Thessaloniki
www.semaphore.gr
A feature i would really love to see in your app is the possiblity to backup the current kernel settings. I found some nice parameters for vibration, etc. and it's far more comfortable to restore them after a wipe with the app than writing it down to a paper :p

Your request added in my TODO list for future versions. :)

superkoal

Sep 24, 2011
Vienna
I really like apps with a lot of functions.
It would also be very nice if it was selectable if the app applies settings for a specific thing (e.g. an on/off switch for each tab like in dev or profile options in slim system settings).

What i mean is if you support bln for example i could switch this module off in your app if i would use blncontrol pro.
This always has been a thing i didn't like about nstools when i only wanted to control voltages, but it also applied all other settings on boot.

Sent from my GT-I9000 using xda app-developers app

rmsinaga

Mar 13, 2011
Hi stratosk,
I tried to tweak SD Card Read Ahead value to 1024kb or others from default of 128kb, but after that every time I pressed Read System Settings it always goes back to default value which is 128kb. Is it normal? Can you check on this?
I'm using SlimBean 2.4 with Semaphore 2.1.0s. I didn't enable the tweak from the ROM setting to set it.
Many thanks

Last edited:

yaatzek

Feb 20, 2011
If you hit read system settings it reads the values set in the system settings, so it overrides what you set via semaphore app.

stratosk

Recognized Developer
Mar 3, 2011
Thessaloniki
www.semaphore.gr
I really like apps with a lot of functions.
It would also be very nice if it was selectable if the app applies settings for a specific thing (e.g. an on/off switch for each tab like in dev or profile options in slim system settings).

What i mean is if you support bln for example i could switch this module off in your app if i would use blncontrol pro.
This always has been a thing i didn't like about nstools when i only wanted to control voltages, but it also applied all other settings on boot.

Sent from my GT-I9000 using xda app-developers app

I don't think that I will use this logic (at least at the present). Maybe in future versions.

If you hit read system settings it reads the values set in the system settings, so it overrides what you set via semaphore app.

Read system settings, leave some options (sampling down factor, sampling down max_momentum, read ahead) in their default value.
I think I can change this behavior for read ahead.

husamco1990

Nov 25, 2011
Thank u for the great kernel
But could u please upload this app to any website because l have compatiple issue on google play
I'm on slim2.4 with semaphore 2.1.0s
Tried to change lcd density but nothing helped

Sent from my T-I9000 using Tapatalk 2

Sw2rT1

Aug 12, 2011
Someone already answered. You may uncheck apply settings on boot option.
I can't do anything else for this. I can't prevent other programs or services to alter these settings.
This option is uncheked...
http://i.minus.com/i3CO3Lzi9s66i.png

Is it only I had this problem? I think that the app needs improvement.
I take a very long time with CyanogenMod. Never used CM10 performance-settings. Never. This problem occurs only with your new app.

Reactions: The_Wolf91

stratosk

Recognized Developer
Mar 3, 2011
Thessaloniki
www.semaphore.gr
This option is uncheked...
http://i.minus.com/i3CO3Lzi9s66i.png

Is it only I had this problem? I think that the app needs improvement.
I take a very long time with CyanogenMod. Never used CM10 performance-settings. Never. This problem occurs only with your new app.

Every software needs improvement.
Can you please change your settings in Semaphore Manager, reboot your phone wait about 5 minutes after reboot and get a logcat?

Reactions: Turtuga and H-Body

alexovy

Jan 18, 2010
Thank u for the great kernel
But could u please upload this app to any website because l have compatiple issue on google play
I'm on slim2.4 with semaphore 2.1.0s
Tried to change lcd density but nothing helped

Sent from my T-I9000 using Tapatalk 2

Clear market

Sent from my SlimBean powered GT I9000 using Tapatalk

crigia

Jan 24, 2012
Stratosk Hello, sorry if I write here, but as a new user, I can not write to kernel threads ...
Report a strange behavior related to kernel 2.1.0, with its installation is almost inpossibile make phone calls: The phone rings and then falls communication, or communication fails after a few seconds of conversation. I can not explain this behavior, the component machine should be only weakly bound to the kernel, but try several times to reinstall the 2.0.6 alternatively, that always works well, and 2.1.0, that always works evil, I checked the constancy of abnormal behavior.
Too bad, because the 2.1.0 for the rest works perfectly, very fast and with consumption declined substantially (at least 20%) compared to 2.0.6. (Samsung I9000, ROM Elitemovile JB RC12.1)
I hope we can monitor and troubleshoot ...
Thanks, and as always, good job!

matesc

May 19, 2012
Vienna
It seems like SD card read ahead doesn't stick. If I load system settings it is always 128kb. Rebooted, tried another apps to view the value, but no luck.
Regards

stratosk

Recognized Developer
Mar 3, 2011
Thessaloniki
www.semaphore.gr
Stratosk Hello, sorry if I write here, but as a new user, I can not write to kernel threads ...
Report a strange behavior related to kernel 2.1.0, with its installation is almost inpossibile make phone calls: The phone rings and then falls communication, or communication fails after a few seconds of conversation. I can not explain this behavior, the component machine should be only weakly bound to the kernel, but try several times to reinstall the 2.0.6 alternatively, that always works well, and 2.1.0, that always works evil, I checked the constancy of abnormal behavior.
Too bad, because the 2.1.0 for the rest works perfectly, very fast and with consumption declined substantially (at least 20%) compared to 2.0.6. (Samsung I9000, ROM Elitemovile JB RC12.1)
I hope we can monitor and troubleshoot ...
Thanks, and as always, good job!

Nobody reported something similar. I don't know if it's kernel related. Maybe a fresh installation could help.

It seems like SD card read ahead doesn't stick. If I load system settings it is always 128kb. Rebooted, tried another apps to view the value, but no luck.
Regards

Reading system settings restores default values for sampling down factor, sampling down momentum (because they are dynamic tunables) AND SD card read ahead values. As I said maybe I will change this for SD read ahead in next version.

pl4cid

Dec 16, 2010
Hey Strato,
your new app is really nice, the look fits perfectly to JB.
Maybe you can include swiping between the menu tabs?
Great work

Tapatalked

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Semaphore Manager helps you to easily full control all Semaphore kernel features. It's only compatible with Semaphore JB kernel and works on Samsung Galaxy S-I9000, SGH-I897, SGH-T959 on Jelly Bean ROMs. It requires a rooted device, with Semaphore kernel installed.

sm_preview_1.png
    sm_preview_2.png
    sm_preview_3.png

Semaphore JB kernel thread in XDA:
    http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1786220

Many thanks to arifhn for his many ideas through his application (NSTools)
    Also, thanks to monkeywithbanana for his icon.

Please consider a small donation if you find this application useful, to help development.

Changelog
    2.7.6 (12/05/2013)
    - N4: Add tunables for updated interactive governor
    - N4: Add SD read ahead option
    - N4: Add "Wireless online" to available triggers
    - I9000: max_lux up to 6000

2.7.0 (09/05/2013)
    - I9000: Add max_br_threshold tunable to Auto brightness
    - I9000: max_lux tunable up to 4000
    - N4: Add LED triggers options
    - N4: Add gamma control options
    - N4: Add RGB color temperature options
    - N4: Add logger option
    - touchwake: delay up to 5min
    - minor fixes

2.6.0 (26/04/2013)
    - N4: add touchscreen accuracy and jitter filter control
    - N4: add option to disable touchwake during calls
    - SGS: add UHID module
    - minor fixes

2.5.0 (23/04/2013)
    - add support for LG Nexus 4
    - minor fixes

2.3.0 (24/02/2013)
    - add ondemand tunables early_demand, grad_up_threshold
    - add interactive tunable target_loads
    - add module USB_HID
    - couple of bug fixes

2.2.7 (08/01/2013)
    - option to select BLN or CM LED (Semaphore 2.9.4)
    - bug fixes

2.2.6 (06/01/2013)
    - possibly fix applying settings after boot issue
    - added available memory in info tab

2.2.5 (30/12/2012)
    - support for Semaphore JB 2.9.0 kernel
    - interactive governor new tunables
    - ROW IO scheduler

2.2.1 (08/12/2012)
    - SAI service: a tiny improvement in "Pick up" phone functionality.
    - fix application of smooth ui in smartass governor

2.2.0 (16/11/2012)
    - SAI service: "Pick up" phone functionality. Just pick up the phone, to answer incoming call without touch the screen (you have to place the phone near to your ear).
    - SAI service: blink LEDs on incoming call

2.0.0 (09/11/2012)
    - Support for Custom Voltage
    - Introduced SAI service (a service that will be used for automated functions)
    - SAI: selectable vibration on phone ringing according to proximity sensor (thanks to m4kl4 for his idea)
    - Fix issue with crash when no root
    - Fix issue with crash on deep idle stat dialog
    - Improve speed
    - Reduced su access (only when required)

1.2.1 (31/10/2012)
    - Changed Fast charge option to match Semaphore_JB_2.5.0. Toggle of this option enables/disables fast charge.

1.2.0 (24/10/2012)
    - Added option to test vibration level
    - faster reading of settings after installation.

1.1.8 (14/10/2012)
    - Changed vibration intensity sysfs path (Semaphore 2.4.0)
    - Changed icon

1.1.7 (02/10/2012)
    - Fixed issue that governor selection was not persist across reboots (I hope it works now).

1.1.6 (01/10/2012)
    - Fixed issue that governor selection was not persist across reboots.
    - Added option to display kmsg (and save it to a file)

1.1.5 (28/09/2012)
    - Fixed bluetooth issues
    - Added support for interactive governor (Semaphore kernel versions 2.2.0 or later)

- Implemented Swipe Views
    - Made project open source (GPLv2)

1.0.1 (20/09/2012)
    - fixed issue with zero values to governor tunables
    - fixed issue with SD card read ahead value when reading system settings
    - force scaling max frequency when LiveOC is changed (possible issue)
    - added option to power down bluetooth for deep idle

Source
    https://github.com/stratosk/semaphore_manager

Download Semaphore Manager from Google Play
    New version 2.3.0
    - add ondemand tunables early_demand, grad_up_threshold
    - add interactive tunable target_loads
    - add module USB_HID
    - couple of bug fixes

Available in Google Play In few hours
    New version 2.0.0 (soon on Google Play)
    - Support for Custom Voltage
    - Introduced SAI service (a service that will be used for automated functions)
    - SAI: selectable vibration on phone ringing according to proximity sensor (thanks to m4kl4 for his idea)
    - Fix issue with crash when no root
    - Fix issue with crash on deep idle stat dialog
    - Improve speed
    - Reduced su access (only when required)
    OK, I finalized 2.2.0
    Available on Google Play
    New version 1.2.0
    - Added option to test vibration level
    - faster reading of settings after installation.

soon on Google play