HOW TO FIX CHAINFIRE 3D SOFTBRICK (This is a Guide, Not A Question)

Search This thread

PeYmOOn

Oct 18, 2014
this works!wow!u saved me!so many thanks <3

i have the same problem. when i type in "su" it says it is not recognized as an internal or external command. i'm using TWRP recovery, does that make any difference?

ok, i solved the problem. if you have TWRP, do the following (credit: pancit):

Under TWRP, click Mount, click System, then go back to Home page.
Click Advance, click File Manager, browse to /system/lib
Look for libGLESv1_CM.so and rename it to libGLESv1_CMcf.so
Then, look for libGLESv1_CM_ORG_CF3D.so and rename it to libGLESv1_CM.so
Then, click chmod and change it to 644.
Look for libGLESv2.so and rename it to libGLESv2cf.so
Then, look for libGLESv2_ORG_CF3D.so and rename it to libGLESv2.so
Reboot and wait. Phone is fixed.

This method worked for me absolutely fine.and im using my phone right now.so many thanks.i was going to be insane about a bricked phone.thanks thanks and thanks.TWRP is a very good and complete recovery btw.:highfive:

Dec 29, 2014
Help please!!

Sorry for troubling you guys, but I need some assistance, I was stupid enough to use titanium backup and my phone is one of those rare phones that isn't famous or anything its "Vodafone Smart 4" it doesn't have any available ROM or anything and I just can't do any more research(over 9 hours), so I decided to give up and ask you guys for help :) can you please find a solution for this, and list down the method step by step? :( I really hope you guys can help..... Thank you so much for looking at this reply..... SOS.....sos.......

Shubham Maurya

Jan 2, 2015
Hello Sherkbert!!

I have Iball Slide 3g7803q-900. I've tried to do Chainfire 3d on it but when i clicked on INSTALL my device rebooted and stucks at IBALL Logo. The method you've gave I don't know how to do it !! Please Help Me !!! I you help me you will be a real life saver!!!!!!! Thank You!!

sammy143

Oct 22, 2013
durgapur
giving "error :closed"

HOW TO FIX Chainfire3d SOFTBRICK AND KEEP EVERYTHING

(I know this isn't a question, but it's a popular issue and many people seem to have it)

If you're like me, you installed Chainfire 3d, You ran the thing inside the app, it restarted your phone,
and you are just stuck at the boot screen. Don't worry, you can fix this without having to lose any of your files.
I would have killed to have a guide like this when my phone bricked instead of having to search the internet for
hours and hours trying to find a solution which was really cryptic.

1.www(DOT)youtube(DOT)com/watch?v=MVXX-YdhRU0
Follow this tutorial to install and open a program which you will use to delete the driver Chainfire installed.

2. Start your phone into recovery mode (home+volup+press+power)

3. Plug in your phone via USB cord to your computer.

4. Once you have adb opened in command prompt, type "su" (without quotes) to gain superuser acess

5. After that, you type "cd /system/lib" (Without quotes)

6. Then you type "cf3d_uninstall.sh" (without quotes)

Your phone should reboot back to exactly like it was before. All your files, apps, etc. will all be there. Now it is
time for you to uninstall that dreaded chainfire 3d app so you never have to worry about it.
Everytime I am giving some command it says error : closed .
It don't have any custom recovery installed so that I can flash its stock ROM. Tell me what to do :confused:. I am attaching a snapshot of the adb cmd.
Please Help ASAP.

Attachments

• Capture.PNG
    Capture.PNG
    30.8 KB · Views: 187

donkursor

Jan 21, 2015

(I know this isn't a question, but it's a popular issue and many people seem to have it)

If you're like me, you installed Chainfire 3d, You ran the thing inside the app, it restarted your phone,
and you are just stuck at the boot screen. Don't worry, you can fix this without having to lose any of your files.
I would have killed to have a guide like this when my phone bricked instead of having to search the internet for

Follow this tutorial to install and open a program which you will use to delete the driver Chainfire installed.

4. Once you have adb opened in command prompt, type "su" (without quotes) to gain superuser acess

Your phone should reboot back to exactly like it was before. All your files, apps, etc. will all be there. Now it is
time for you to uninstall that dreaded chainfire 3d app so you never have to worry about it.

it seems all dis is messed up .men uuuu aaa lying

its supose to go like dis
open the adb type
1.adb shell
2.su
3.# mount -o rw,remount/system
4.cd system
5.cd lib
6. then type sh cf3d_unistall.sh

:D:D:D:D:D:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh bhaaaaaammmmmmmm
awayyyyy uuuuuu gooooo phone reboots ;):eek:

dont forget to say thank you

---------- Post added at 02:37 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:28 PM ----------

I have Iball Slide 3g7803q-900. I've tried to do Chainfire 3d on it but when i clicked on INSTALL my device rebooted and stucks at IBALL Logo. The method you've gave I don't know how to do it !! Please Help Me !!! I you help me you will be a real life saver!!!!!!! Thank You!!

dude ok follow dis steps if ur phone is rooted;););););)

open the adb and type d following
1.adb shell
2.su
3.# mount -o rw,remount/system
4. cd system
5.cd lib
6. sh cf3d_unistall.sh

now your phone reboots :laugh::good::p

dont forget to thank me

codyseth

Jan 29, 2015
do i need usb debugging enabled for this

I hope i didn't unroot my device by factory reset,if i did will this still be possible and k think i dont have usb debugging enabled,please help.

Atharkhan101

Account currently disabled
Not working after adb push and USB disconnect (Step 9). Please help

1. www(DOT)youtube(DOT)com/watch?v=MVXX-YdhRU0
Follow this tutorial to install sdk and adb.

2. Follow this - www(DOT)dominantwire(DOT)com/2012/11/how-to-solve-adb-device-not-found-error.html#.U3nsHoGSwpk

3. Start your phone into recovery mode (volume up+power),till red screen

4.For CWM, go to mount and storage and "mount/system"

5. Plug in your phone via USB cord to your computer.

6. type "adb pull /system/lib /device" (in adb cmd)

7. Now all the files are in C:/device, browse to that and
look for libGLESv1_CM.so and rename it to libGLESv1_CMcf.so

8. type "adb push /device /system/lib" (in adb cmd)

9. After this, Disconnect - Reboot - Done!

Do Not try Chainfire3D again.

adb pull and push went properly. I've disconnected USB after (check screenshot) and I rebooted phone and ever since it is stuck on boot screen with Micromax logo. Please help....

Attachments

• adb1.JPG
    adb1.JPG
    79 KB · Views: 113
Last edited:

pher143

Mar 3, 2015
Not rooted

My phone is not rooted anymore since i already did a factory reset on my phone. Is there any other way to git rid of chainfire 3d?
my phone specs:
Starmobile Navi Specs

Android 4.2 Jelly Bean
4-inch display with WVGA resolution
1.2GHz quad-core Broadcom BCM23550 processor
VideoCore IV GPU
1GB RAM
4GB internal storage
microSD support up to 32GB
5-megapixel main camera, with autofocus and LED flash
0.3-megapixel (VGA) front camera
Wi-Fi
3G, HSPA+
Bluetooth
GLONASS
1500mAh battery

iamSteps

Mar 14, 2015
Cagayan de Oro City
My situation is kinda.... Different...

My device is an LG L60-X145

I can access recovery mode as what you have stated on step 2 but it can't be found or detected on my PC, thus, unable to use 'adb shell' > 'su' commands

My phone is stuck on manufacturer logo upon booting and nothing else happens...
And, yeah... Soft-bricked from using Chainfire 3D Pro v. 3.3

Is there any other way I could fix my phone since my device seems to be one of the most unpopular ones..

jamesPagda

Mar 29, 2015
:crying:

how did you solve this problem please help

---------- Post added at 07:02 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:58 AM ----------

when i wrote su is not recognised as as an internal or external command. please help me.

---------- Post added at 07:14 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:02 AM ----------

when i wrote su it says it is not recognised as an internal or external command

It says permission denied when I used push. why is that :( what shall i do

Jhon Vic

Apr 18, 2015
Also stuck.

What if I can't enter recovery mode, it also stuck at LG logo? PLEASE HELP ME.

oznerol87

Jan 27, 2014
No download mode or recovery mode

I have LG F160L, 4.1.2
I installed CF3D, then I was able to go to CWM recovery mode, but was unable to restore, it was unable to find any backup. So I tried to format system folder. Boom, stuck at LG logo, no recovery mode. I kept trying out to go to download mode with every possible combination on my hard keys, but still failed.

Any advice for my situation guys? The phone still charges, but it shows this message "Missing battery_charging_08.png" I'm guessing this is the picture of the battery charging.:crying::crying::crying:

nrai1185

May 20, 2015
Not able to connect my micromax a1 to my pc

After it get stuck on boot after installing chainfire 3d, my phone cannot connect to my pc.
my pc do not recognize it.

Hunter1212

Jan 25, 2015
i have the same problem. when i type in "su" it says it is not recognized as an internal or external command. i'm using TWRP recovery, does that make any difference?

Hey that's great, it works, it fixed my phone, but do you have something that makes it work instead of fixing it?

###Singh###

Oct 19, 2015
I type su in cmd and
It says "su root does not exist"
WHAT TO DO NOW?
I rooted my phone with an app named "kingroot"

cirios83

Jun 28, 2011

Thank you so much! This fixed BOOT on my HTC Droid DNA!

sammist

Dec 16, 2015
adb isnt detecting my infinix x700 so i need a custom or stock rom. i've searched every where but i havn't found it. i'm really frustrated. pls can i get the rom or a custom one or another solution

mrOkaysd

Jan 21, 2016
my phone's usb debugging isn't enabled and the command cd android-sdk-windows says it cannot find the specified path file. Please help me!!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

This is how I solved it on Karbonn titanium S5

1. www(DOT)youtube(DOT)com/watch?v=MVXX-YdhRU0
    Follow this tutorial to install sdk and adb.

2. Follow this - www(DOT)dominantwire(DOT)com/2012/11/how-to-solve-adb-device-not-found-error.html#.U3nsHoGSwpk

3. Start your phone into recovery mode (volume up+power),till red screen

4.For CWM, go to mount and storage and "mount/system"

5. Plug in your phone via USB cord to your computer.

6. type "adb pull /system/lib /device" (in adb cmd)

7. Now all the files are in C:/device, browse to that and
    look for libGLESv1_CM.so and rename it to libGLESv1_CMcf.so

8. type "adb push /device /system/lib" (in adb cmd)

9. After this, Disconnect - Reboot - Done!

Do Not try Chainfire3D again.

can you make be more specific? i'm a little bit confused on how to proceed
    if you dont mind losing some data

i have clone s4 mtk6589 1gb ram i installed drivers of chain fire 3d after that my mobile gets soft bricked i have 3e recovery from which i tried immediately try to restore my phone to its previous by wiping data but i am foolish:confused: to do that cause above solution didn't work for me as i wipe all data using factory reset and wipe cache

like above solution i tried adb terminal but i am unable to gain su permission:(

Please Help

and off course thanks will be there:angel:

if you all ready tried these methods to come up short and r using a android operating system you can always flash a official stock rom www(dot)sammobile(dot)com/firmwares/1/ at this page you can search for any android system on all most any carrier download your official
    rom make sure you r using the one for your carrier or your sim wont work i believe it has something to do with radio (correct me if i am wrong )
    then download odin3 v3.09 sorry i cant find a link to provide for that put your phone or tablet etc.. in download mode power+vol up+home key while device is off connect to usb with odin open under messages in gui of odin it should state added MAKE SURE RE-PARTITION IS UNCHECKED click pda or ap select your md5 you just downloaded allow odin to check the file this can take some time depending on your computer etc.. and now for the most important part to click start :good: now allow odin to do its thing phone reboot as long as it was checked annnd bam :laugh: your phone or tablet should start if it stays on the logo screen allow 5 min your phone or tablet is configuring for its first use or so it thinks lol if oden fails to find you device you need the proper drivers for your phone/tablet :good::good::good: this method worked 100% for me and my s4 sghI337m if it work for you leave a thanks:cool: