[ROM-AOSP] Unofficial CM10.2 (JB 4.3.1) [11/15 CM REFRESH]

Search This thread

Hashcode

Senior Recognized Developer
Sep 3, 2011
Unofficial CyanogenMod 10.2 for the Kindle Fire HD 7"

*** USE AT YOUR OWN RISK! WHILE I TRY MY BEST TO PROVIDE WORKING KERNELS/ROMS, I AM NOT RESPONSIBLE IF THIS SOFTWARE OR ANYTHING I'VE WORKED ON SUDDENLY FRIES YOUR DEVICE. ***

BEFORE YOU BEGIN MAKE SURE YOU HAVE A 2ND-BOOTLOADER INSTALLED CORRECTLY AND CAN SEE THE BLUE LOGO DURING BOOTUP:
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2128848

NOTE: In this build I do not have the HBOGO or Voice Plus patches yet.

Download Information:
[LATEST][11/15] BETA CM10.2 + 3.0.50+ KERNEL
Mirror 1: Download (Goo.im)
Mirror 2: Download (Crackflasher)
md5sum: a84b02121236bef1e55fe6afede8f320

[08/12] BETA CM10.2 + 3.0.50+ KERNEL
Mirror 1: http://goo.im/devs/Hashcode/tate/cm10.2/cm-10.2-20130812-UNOFFICIAL-tate.zip
md5sum: c1b26682ef8cc8e0d087e242b74eecbf

[07/31] BETA CM10.2 + 3.0.50+ KERNEL
Mirror 1: http://goo.im/devs/Hashcode/tate/cm10.2/cm-10.2-20130731-UNOFFICIAL-tate.zip
md5sum: 61ecbf61297a4b03a325638a55859398

Older builds can be found in the same folder on goo.im:
http://goo.im/devs/Hashcode/tate/cm10.2/

Download Google Apps:
http://goo.im/devs/Hashcode/gapps
(For Android 4.3)

PLEASE BE SURE TO WIPE SYSTEM & DATA/CACHE (FACTORY RESET) WHEN COMING FROM AMAZON STOCK SOFTWARE.
(It's the "Wipe" button and then "System" and then "Factory Reset" button in TWRP -- this does NOT clear your sdcard space)

Be aware that the "sdcard" space has changed slightly from ICS to JB4.2. You will find your stock amazon OS files in /data/media/ or "sdcard" on the Stock OS. But CM10.1 will create a sub directory "/data/media/0" and call that "sdcard". And in TWRP it will also use "data/media/0" as "sdcard". This has to do with multi-user settings. So when placing files on the "sdcard" be sure to check both locations before wondering why that file is missing.

CHANGES (always includes CM changes):
  • [11/15] SElinux now included in the kernel and set to permissive. I don't recommend turning it to enforcing as I'm still debugging the "deny" messages.
  • [08/12] Includes a Trebuchet patch to fix the screen flip-flop when trying to drag an icon in landscape (by XDA user Wickets^)
  • [08/12] All new "from source" sensor driver
  • [08/12] Temp. disable light sensor (due to recode of sensor driver)
  • [07/31] First CM10.2 build

FEATURES / WORKING:
  • 3.0.50 kernel (up from a stock 3.0.8 kernel). This includes updates from Texas Instruments, Google and Kernel.org.
  • PowerVR Graphics Drivers: DDK 1.9@2291151 for Android (Jellybean compatible)
  • Audio
  • Camera
  • Wifi
  • Bluetooth
  • Sensors
  • HWAcceleration
  • HD Codecs for YouTubeHD and Netflix
  • HDMI video out is now correct and work across several resolutions. YMMV

DEVS
BUILDING THIS ROM:

First, read through Google's Android website about "how to setup a build environment":
http://source.android.com/source/initializing.html

[ COMING SOON ]

SCREEN SHOTS:

Attachments

• device-2013-08-01-112449.jpg
    device-2013-08-01-112449.jpg
    29.8 KB · Views: 6,961
Last edited:

Hashcode

Sep 3, 2011
CURRENT KNOWN ISSUES:
  • When long pressing icons in landscape mode to move them, etc the screen will flip upside down for a moment and right itself. This causes the action to be aborted.
  • Rotation selection in games is hit and miss. Some work perfectly and some like to flip the device upside down. Still debugging what is causing this.
  • AUDIO: Any decoder which uses Dolby surround current has a lower volume than the rest of the system (Netflix, Google Movies, etc). It's a WIP.
  • AUDIO: Headset volume still may be lowish. Testing better ways of increasing volume w/o distortion. It's a WIP.
  • Sensors: Testing various sensors, gyro seems 90 degrees off, etc.

Last edited:

persano

Nov 25, 2012
Buenos Aires
i dont understand that thing of bionic libraries, can we take them from galaxy nexus? or it is imposible, i never heard of this before, that´s why i m asking this questions. and there are any important changes of performance in android 4.3 ? send me the build.prop, i m going to remove trim for this version, because android 4.3 has it

Last edited:
Reactions: quan_1986

Hashcode

Sep 3, 2011
i dont understand that thing of bionic libraries, can we take them from galaxy nexus? or it is imposible, i never heard of this before, that´s why i m asking this questions. and there are any important changes of performance in android 4.3 ? send me the build.prop, i m going to remove trim for this version, because android 4.3 has it

I'm sure the bionic libs will get optimized for OMAP eventually. The version of Android rolling to the GNex is the same as this.

I would imagine that their performance benchmarks dropped as well.

Any idea why I would be getting "Unable to parse data" errors in Titanium when trying to restore my apps after updating? I made a fresh backup beforehand, updated and now I can't restore... Tried every option I could think of, including setting permissions, etc. and nothing is working.

Sent from my SPH-L710

south956

Sep 12, 2012
edinburg
Any idea why I would be getting "Unable to parse data" errors in Titanium when trying to restore my apps after updating? I made a fresh backup beforehand, updated and now I can't restore... Tried every option I could think of, including setting permissions, etc. and nothing is working.

Sent from my SPH-L710

The old backup was for 4.2.2 apps and the system, the new 4.3 has different data and system info which is incompatible backwards. I'm running PA 4.3 and I get the same message also if you try selecting data only the system presents you with a warning that ROM might become unstable. That's my 2¢.

Sent from my Kindle Fire HD 7 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

CoB_Mike

The old backup was for 4.2.2 apps and the system, the new 4.3 has different data and system info which is incompatible backwards. I'm running PA 4.3 and I get the same message also if you try selecting data only the system presents you with a warning that ROM might become unstable. That's my 2¢.

Worth upgrading right now from original Hascode release?

south956

Sep 12, 2012
edinburg
I don't really see a difference and benchmarks are low, mine was 8856, also if you have apps that you want to restore with data you won't be able to. I'd stick with 10.1 until more develops for 10.2, but wouldn't hurt to try it yourself.

eridroid

Jun 4, 2010
Shanghai
Thank you for the work Hashcode! I have a question. Can I directly flash this 4.3 zip package over 4.2.2 without any wiping actions?

caithao

Dec 4, 2012
Well after I installed this ROM, I've decided to go back to my backup ROM Kinology 7.3.1. Went into recovery TWRP 2.6.0.0 advance wipe, and wiped everything except SD card. Went back and did a restore on my ROM Kinology 7.3.1(took 5-10 minutes), after the 5-10 minutes it said FAIL. This may not have something to do with this ROM, but just wanted to point it out there. If anyone had the same situation and found a fix to it, please help

EDITED: 8/2/13 1:55 AM
Went into TWRP and wipe everything again except SD card, and did a restore and restored like a charm!

Last edited:

Gilly10

Sep 22, 2012
So far so good, haven't ran into any issues yet, nice to see MX Player updated their app, its my favourite player & it didn't support 4.3 until yesterday.

EDIT: Wait, the new Focal app is always upside down.

Last edited:

Ahhh... Makes sense I guess. Silly there's no backwards compatibility though... Guess I'll have to revert back for now. I wonder if there'll ever be a way? Hopefully the devs of Titanium will figure it out!

Sent from my SPH-L710

Reactions: south956

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Unofficial CyanogenMod 10.2 for the Kindle Fire HD 7"

*** USE AT YOUR OWN RISK! WHILE I TRY MY BEST TO PROVIDE WORKING KERNELS/ROMS, I AM NOT RESPONSIBLE IF THIS SOFTWARE OR ANYTHING I'VE WORKED ON SUDDENLY FRIES YOUR DEVICE. ***

BEFORE YOU BEGIN MAKE SURE YOU HAVE A 2ND-BOOTLOADER INSTALLED CORRECTLY AND CAN SEE THE BLUE LOGO DURING BOOTUP:
    http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2128848

NOTE: In this build I do not have the HBOGO or Voice Plus patches yet.

Download Information:

[08/12] BETA CM10.2 + 3.0.50+ KERNEL
    Mirror 1: http://goo.im/devs/Hashcode/tate/cm10.2/cm-10.2-20130812-UNOFFICIAL-tate.zip

[07/31] BETA CM10.2 + 3.0.50+ KERNEL
    Mirror 1: http://goo.im/devs/Hashcode/tate/cm10.2/cm-10.2-20130731-UNOFFICIAL-tate.zip
    md5sum: 61ecbf61297a4b03a325638a55859398

Older builds can be found in the same folder on goo.im:
    http://goo.im/devs/Hashcode/tate/cm10.2/

Download Google Apps:
    http://goo.im/devs/Hashcode/gapps
    (For Android 4.3)

PLEASE BE SURE TO WIPE SYSTEM & DATA/CACHE (FACTORY RESET) WHEN COMING FROM AMAZON STOCK SOFTWARE.
    (It's the "Wipe" button and then "System" and then "Factory Reset" button in TWRP -- this does NOT clear your sdcard space)

Be aware that the "sdcard" space has changed slightly from ICS to JB4.2. You will find your stock amazon OS files in /data/media/ or "sdcard" on the Stock OS. But CM10.1 will create a sub directory "/data/media/0" and call that "sdcard". And in TWRP it will also use "data/media/0" as "sdcard". This has to do with multi-user settings. So when placing files on the "sdcard" be sure to check both locations before wondering why that file is missing.

• [11/15] SElinux now included in the kernel and set to permissive. I don't recommend turning it to enforcing as I'm still debugging the "deny" messages.
    • [08/12] Includes a Trebuchet patch to fix the screen flip-flop when trying to drag an icon in landscape (by XDA user Wickets^)
    • [07/31] First CM10.2 build

FEATURES / WORKING:
    • 3.0.50 kernel (up from a stock 3.0.8 kernel). This includes updates from Texas Instruments, Google and Kernel.org.
    • PowerVR Graphics Drivers: DDK 1.9@2291151 for Android (Jellybean compatible)
    • Audio
    • Camera
    • Wifi
    • Bluetooth
    • Sensors
    • HWAcceleration
    • HD Codecs for YouTubeHD and Netflix
    • HDMI video out is now correct and work across several resolutions. YMMV

DEVS
    BUILDING THIS ROM:

First, read through Google's Android website about "how to setup a build environment":
    http://source.android.com/source/initializing.html

[ COMING SOON ]

SCREEN SHOTS:
    Updated the OP with a new CM10.2 build:

Download Information:

Mainly this is a CM10.2 refresh. Performance is better, and the ROM is more stable in general.

I have added SElinux to the kernel but it is currently set to permissive. I don't recommend setting it to enforcing yet. I'm still debugging where policies are denied.

Enjoy.
    CURRENT KNOWN ISSUES:
    • When long pressing icons in landscape mode to move them, etc the screen will flip upside down for a moment and right itself. This causes the action to be aborted.
    • Rotation selection in games is hit and miss. Some work perfectly and some like to flip the device upside down. Still debugging what is causing this.
    • AUDIO: Any decoder which uses Dolby surround current has a lower volume than the rest of the system (Netflix, Google Movies, etc). It's a WIP.
    • AUDIO: Headset volume still may be lowish. Testing better ways of increasing volume w/o distortion. It's a WIP.
    • Sensors: Testing various sensors, gyro seems 90 degrees off, etc.
    Updated the OP with a new build:

Download Information:
    [LATEST][08/12] BETA CM10.2 + 3.0.50+ KERNEL

Actually, i will be submitting the HDs to CM soonish. I was hoping to iron out the rotation issues.

But the biggest requirements for being an official device is that the device should be fairly full functioning compared to its stock equivalent. And I think we're fairly close to that with a few known exceptions.

HDMI, camera, bluetooth etc all work to some extent.

Nighties take care of the builds automatically. So there is no Friday build requirement.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk 2