Android 4.4 KitKat Beta

Search This thread

majrul

Dec 24, 2010
I need a way to install gapps to this official fw..please help

You can simply search for play store and play services .apk files on the net and install it like any other app, there is no need to use custom recovery mode. Once in play store, then you can install the rest of the apps like gmail, maps and others.

smfilip

Jan 27, 2010
MNE
installed TWRP, found GAPPS, rooted phone,and kitkat works perfectly...
I know that but,than you can't sync phonebook and calendar easily...

Biges

Aug 21, 2008
Praha
I have a new P6 with Build number P6-U06...B606. I put the UPDATE.APP on my SD card, byt clicking on both "Local Update" and "Update via USB drive" ends up in "Wrong - The upgrade package is not detected. Confirm the upgrade package and then perform the upgrade".

Please help.

tileeq

Jan 4, 2014
Gevgelija
You need to put the UPDATE.APP in a folder named "dload" and then do the update

Sent from my P6-U06 using xda app-developers app

Reactions: Biges

archem01

Oct 30, 2013
Tayabas
I have a new P6 with Build number P6-U06...B606. I put the UPDATE.APP on my SD card, byt clicking on both "Local Update" and "Update via USB drive" ends up in "Wrong - The upgrade package is not detected. Confirm the upgrade package and then perform the upgrade".

Please help.

your firmware may be later than this cause this version is just B014, and yours are B606, is your firmware an android kitkat??

Biges

Aug 21, 2008
Praha
your firmware may be later than this cause this version is just B014, and yours are B606, is your firmware an android kitkat??

No, it is 4.2. I understand I have to put there, in some mysterious way, the leaked 4.4, but God, I already spent a lot of time battling it. it was much easier with my previous HTC :)

k1lle

Jan 10, 2011
Is that ROM from first post newest?
I got it in phone right now, so thinking is there update

hangxx

Oct 25, 2012
downloaded the file

downloaded the file already but duno how to upgrade.... someone can teach ?
:laugh:

Mardon

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Mar 5, 2008
Hamburg
markusmenzel.de
Ascend P6 B510 Official Android 4.4 KitKat Update Released in Europe Ascend P6 B510

Some details about this official firmware

Compatible Model – Ascend P6-U06
Firmware version – B510
Android version – 4.4.2 KitKat
Emotion UI version
– EMUI 2.3
Kernel version – 3.0.8-00787
Size – 775MB
Region – Europe
English language is included

http://huaweinews.com/2014/06/ascend-p6-b510-official/

Truck'n Hemi

Oct 28, 2013
What up guys? Since I like this phone and was waiting for the KitKat I would like to know how is the performence in this new version of Android? Any improviments on gaming?

I do not have the P6, when I was buying my new phone the ZTE Nubia Z5S mini was cheaper so I went for it. I would be realy glad for your answers anyway.

tileeq

Jan 4, 2014
Gevgelija
Some functions and the overall usage of the phone has been improved but not everyone is satisfied from the KK so it's all up to you if you buy this phone whether you gonna use it with JB or KK.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Compatibility – Ascend P6-U06
    Android version – 4.4.2
    Emotion UI version – 2.3
    Firmware version - V100R001C00B014EDGE
    Kernel version – 3.0.8
    Languages – Multi-Language
    Google Apps included – NO
    kitkat-beta-ascend-p6.jpg

This firmware can be flashed via “local update” option on settings menu of your Ascend P6 and initial testers confirmed that this can be flashed from any current firmware versions such as B125,B118. This firmware includes new software functions such as floating Apps like you see on the above screenshot.
    Download link - http://dl.huaweinews.com/Roms/Ascend-P6/EMUI2.3V100R001C00B014EDGE-U00-Beta.rar
    source: huaweinews.com
    In case anyone missed it in the other thread:

EMUI 2.0 will officially be released today, guys!! :D

P6 Unicom Emotion UI 2.0 + Andorid 4.4 will today (March 31) 17:00 Published B506 development version, please refer to the forum and EMUI official website updates, thank you

http://cn.club.vmall.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=663764&extra=page%3D1%26filter%3Dauthor%26orderby%3Ddateline%26orderby%3Ddateline

P6 Unicom Emotion UI 2.0
    P6-U06V100R001C17B506
    Imprint

Fit for:
    Huawei Ascend P6 Unicom version (P6-U06)
    Note:
    Please Brush Brush tutorial carefully read before, to avoid the risk of the process to bring;
    This version only applies to the above fit models, other models are not supported;
    This version is the development version, if you want to roll back to the original factory version or other versions, refer Brush guidance fallback version will lead to clear all user data.
    In order to avoid the upgrade process anomalies or data loss caused by back version, please be sure to back up your personal data before users upgrade.
    Email after upgrading local data will be cleared, re-login account synchronization updates from the server.
    Please update to the latest third-party applications to support Android4.4. Some third-party applications because there is no adaptation Android4.4, the phone does not work properly on the new version, there will be flash back, some functions can not be used to stop running, etc., known incompatible applications: 360 mobile guards V4.3.4, Fantasy shot 2.16 Zombies V1.0.9, WWII aircraft _V1.1, Sniper_V2.03, cut the rope _V2.5.6, QQ input method _V4.2._1171, STORM _V3.8.98, handheld Baidu _V2 .3.0.4, safety steward _V4.4.1, Tencent housekeeper _V4.6.0, every day, notepad, fusion search.
    Brush or use in any need of help and solve the problem can be to pollen club for support.
    For a better experience EMUI 2.0 and Android4.4 new features, we recommend that you back up your data after restore factory settings.

Update:
    [Recommend]
    Upgrade EmotionUI 2.0
    Upgrade Android 4.4.2
    New preset EMUI2.0 unique breeze, taste, elegant, tranquil, vitality official theme
    Added support for four-way panoramic photos
    Added support to shoot with sound Photo
    New Voice shutter camera with voice control
    New Continuous optimal selection
    Added support for playback, sharing photos with sound
    New mobile phone housekeeper, set permissions management, power management, mobile acceleration, space cleanup, virus killing, harassment and other functions in one interception
    Add a key optimization features, the phone instantly optimized to the best
    Added support for setting protected background application, after setting off the screen allows the background

[System]
    Upgrade EmotionUI 2.0 New Features
    Upgrade Android 4.4.2 new features

[Lock Screen]
    Added unlock screen glow animation
    Optimization breeze theme, sliding screen in any direction to unlock
    Optimized to increase the Lunar display

[Desktop]
    New Easy Desktop
    Shake optimization Auto Arrange desktop icons

[Topic]
    New preset EMUI2.0 unique breeze, taste, elegant, tranquil, vitality official theme
    New online font features

[Pulldown menu]
    Optimized version of the toolbar, more convenient operation
    Optimize long press on the toolbar shortcut buttons to enter the appropriate function setting interface

[Phone] butler
    New mobile phone housekeeper, set permissions management, power management, mobile acceleration, space cleanup, virus killing, harassment and other functions in one interception
    Add a key optimization features, the phone instantly optimized to the best
    Added support for setting protected background application, after setting off the screen allows the background

[Call History]
    New missed call display rings

[Info]
    Optimize multiple messaging applications can set one as the default messaging application

[Camera]
    Added support for four-way panoramic photos
    Added support to shoot with sound Photo
    New Voice shutter camera with voice control
    New Continuous optimal selection

[Gallery]
    Added support for playback, sharing photos with sound

[Calculator]
    The new optimized white style calculator

[Driving mode]
    Optimized to remove the profile, driving mode a separate stand-alone application, more convenient and easy to use
    New calls broadcast, a call comes automatically calls the voice say the name, telephone and other information
    New SMS broadcast, voice tells you the content of messages

http://cn.club.vmall.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=663819&extra=page%3D1%26filter%3Dauthor%26orderby%3Ddateline%26orderby%3Ddateline
    Hey, guys! Has anyone seen this rom: 2014/3/25 Share Huawei Ascend P6 telecommunications EMUI2.0 Androi4.4.2 card brush streamlined package _ ‖ ‖ ‖ stable?

I know it's for the P6-C00, but the OP in the thread said (according to my understanding) that the Unicom version can also flash this.
    I haven't tried it yet, but I'll do so when I have some time.

EDIT: Ok, so I did a dirty flash over EMUI2.3 beta, and so far, my external SD isn't being read, and my back button isn't working either, and the Huawei keyboard, which is the only keyboard installed, keeps giving an error. I'll have to try a clean install later to see if it makes a difference.
    Maybe this month. It is still in beta sadly.

BB

A stable Chinese version at least, on March, according to this chat screenshot with someone from Huawei:
    http://bbs.anzhi.com/thread-8802106-1-1.html
    Please report did you put update on SD or in internal storage

I put the UPDATE.APP in a dload folder on an SD card. Just finished with updating. It's rebooting and updating apps.
    Optimalisating apps.. 40/152... going to take some time..