Thanks Meter: 7

More
Try it! if it works youll be the man!
Just be aware of the issues.

6th May 2014, 03:25 PM |#42  
Flag Detroit
Thanks Meter: 477

More
I would like to 86 the bloat wear '. I'm very patient. I've waited for the active since release..

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Xparent BlueTapatalk 2
9th May 2014, 11:47 PM |#43  
Thanks Meter: 24

More
More bloat
Hopefully everyone has seen the article on the most recent OTA. More apps to disable because AT&T must think it's funny to push more bloatware OTA and label it as an update. Seriously what are they thinking? Is there actually some marketing strategist that is so out of touch with the real world as to think that people want this crap? It boggles the mind really that senior leadership and marketing does not troll XDA for ideas that would actually help them succeed in product management. The 1st carrier to the gate with a device that comes with nothing but vanilla android, is not boot locked, or in any other way hindered for root would (I predict) gain a 10% market share inside of 30 days. Business 101....cater to the majority ESPECIALLY when no one else is. fu***** idiots!!!

At any rate this is the only email address I have at the moment for At&t. I suggest we flood them with emails with "ATTN. Randall L. Stephenson, Ralph De La Vega" in the subject line

See this post for links to email address's please http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...php?p=52539861
16th May 2014, 07:36 PM |#44  
Thanks Meter: 2

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by az-dave

thx - I may or may not re-enable...gunna see if I have any issues. None so far.

In mean time, since there is no Root for AT&T, Ive paid to install Nova Launcher and widget Lock.

Im not all that keen on running piggyback skins, but its fast and I like many of the apps and How I can arracnge them better than the AT&T kitkat 4.4

You may want to check out Buzz Launcher. I've used Go, Nova, ADW and a couple others and as far as customization and speed, I think Buzz is the best. *personal opinion*

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Xparent Green Tapatalk 2
19th May 2014, 07:20 PM |#45  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Info 2 \system storage\
Quote:
Originally Posted by az-dave

Messing with S5 and Ubuntu now. Have some ways to mount via MTP but its buggy. saw the system directory one time, now gone.

You may know this already, MyPhoneExplorer allows the user to view and navigate through the system files easily however it will not let you write to it.
(running Windows 7 pro)
19th May 2014, 08:07 PM |#46  
Flag Garland, TX
Thanks Meter: 655

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Simer03

My s5 is coming in a matter of hours! I'm looking forward to root but I don't mind staying stock for a while as long as I can disable apps! The part I'll have to get used to is no more "Greenify" app but oh well

Sent from my Nexus 5

Greenify still works without root. Matter of fact, Greenify is awesome with this phone. There are settings on the phone just for Greenify. Just install it from the playstore and follow instructions. When I tried to hibernate an app, Greenify showed me a way to enable something within the phone firmware (Really interesting) It works great !!!!
19th May 2014, 11:04 PM |#47  
Flag Florida, USA
Thanks Meter: 246

Donate to Me
More
Wait until the Direct TV merger finalizes and watch your bloatware apps increase
28th May 2014, 04:02 AM |#48  
Flag New Jersey
Thanks Meter: 122

More
Hey I turned off a bunch of Samsung bloat but recently wanted to try out s-note, I turned on the Samsung app store and downloaded it but when I try to create a new note it force quits? Are there any other apps I need to turn on that might fix this problem? (Already tried deleting cache/data)

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using XDA Free mobile app
30th May 2014, 04:56 AM |#49  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 134

More
I ended up turning all Samsung related apps on since their apps have a lot of dependencies built in and would get prompted to run in the background.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using XDA Free mobile app
3rd June 2014, 06:33 AM |#50  
Flag Dalton,Ohio
Thanks Meter: 62

Donate to Me
More
Great work trying to break into the system files to try to get root. This thread is getting very interesting. Will keep an eye open on this thread. Keep up the great work!!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
12th June 2014, 03:51 PM |#51  
Flag Dalton,Ohio
Thanks Meter: 62

Donate to Me
More
Here you guys. Check out this link!!
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...php?p=53338564

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)