**CWM ZIP ROMS & QR Code Downloads**

Search This thread

tobiascrystal

Apr 7, 2010
great idea

Great idea but when I go to this page from the XDA app I can not click on the link that you created in the OP. Another issue I see is that this would be used to download the entire ROM to your phone, also a great idea especially if your using CWM but I don't know about the data in your area but it takes forever for me to get these ROM's from my phone .

truc007

Jun 10, 2009
Shenzhen
Good idea... but don't remove the link for two reasons:
1/ I always use my laptop to download
2/ the Chinese firewall remove all images from the forum !!!!

Ok... I may be the only crazy guy who download from China... but please keep the link for me :D

donki

Sep 26, 2006
Middle England, Planet Earth.
Reading all this is so exciting and I really want to get into alternative OS's for my HD2. Only problem is I either don't know where to find them or where thety are held won't let me in. :(

Thanks for posting this thread though. :)

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    For CWM ROMS> I recommend using QR Codes to link your downloads. This way users can download the updated version of the ROM directly to their phone, reboot and install it. This eliminates the need to download, remove SD card, and copy ROM to SD card with card reader. An EXCELLENT QR Code Generator can be found HERE.

If you would like an extra post added to your release threads to accommodate the QR Codes, I would be more than happy to add one for you. Just shoot me a PM.

An example of a QR Code download link:

-= CMYLXGO's Stock Desire HD(2) NAND ROM =-

v1.0.7 - Desire HD CWM

Click or Scan QR Code to initiate download.
    Using the free Barcode Scanner app from the market, scanning this QR Code will take you to the Hotfile download page for CMYLXGO's Stock Desire HD(2) V1.0.7 download right on your phone allowing you to download it from the web without browsing to this thread and clicking the links manually.
    This looks like a good idea, but PLEASE keep a download link for those of us browsing with our phones; nothing ticks me off more on my phone than a QR code teasing me big, beautiful, and unscannable, right there on my screen haha :)
    Or, better yet, make the QR code a link to the download. It always amazes me when people don't do this as it's such an obvious thing.

Click QR Code to start download.​
    Or, better yet, make the QR code a link to the download. It always amazes me when people don't do this as it's such an obvious thing.

Dude, YES! Haha

+1 on this! Then you could use your chrome to phone and have it automagically download.