[Q] screen wont turn on but phone works.

Search This thread

timothytnt

Mar 14, 2014
i have an evo v 3d through virgin. on my lunch break i went to use my phone and screen wouldnt come on. thought battey might be dead. when i plugged it in light would blink instead of staying on steady to show it was charging. wouldnt connect to comp. either. i thought it might be: battery so i put new battery in and let it charge overnight. The screen still dont work. It vibrates still and buttons on bottom of screen light up but the screen remains dark. I tried to do a reset by holding down the volume down button and holding the power button at the same time but that didn't work. any ideas on how to fix it would be greatly appreciated Thanks

hossman

Dec 1, 2012
Moto G Power
Google Pixel 5a
Did the charging led ever stay solid or turn green?
Are you s off
Custom ROM / recovery?
Try taking your SD card out and then boot to bootloader, hold volume down and press power

Sent from my Evo 3D CDMA using xda app-developers app

timothytnt

Mar 14, 2014
with the new battery i can get the phone to charge. light is on when charging green when full and i can power up and guess where to swype to unlock. it rings to tell me i have new notifications but the whole time screen is dark just buttons at bottom light up. i tried holding volume down and powering on but that didnt do anything nor did taking out the mini sd card. no custom ROM or anything. should all be like was when i purchased phone new.

Last edited:

hossman

Dec 1, 2012
Moto G Power
Google Pixel 5a
When you hold volume down and press power does the phone vibrate or do the lights on the cap buttons turn on?

I imagine your screen has died but I'm definitely no expert

Sent from my Evo V 4G using xda app-developers app

timothytnt

Mar 14, 2014
no dosent do anything. ive pretty much given up on it figured screen is prob. shot. sucks cause it was only year old and ive done good making sure not to drop it or anything. oh well hopefully the s3 will last me longer. thanks for your help