FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

d4 Screen lags touch input???

13 posts
Thanks Meter: 0

By ctenc001, Junior Member on 17th May 2012, 11:30 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
I recently got a replacement phone from esurance for a broken Droid x2. They sent me a droid 4, which I had no objections against given the great specs comparatively.
I read reviews on the screen being low quality, viewing wise, and this is not the issue I have with the phone. Coming from a dx2, the quality is not that different.

My problem is that there appears to be a lag between when i touch the screen and when it starts reading the input. A simple test to show what I am talking about is as follows;
Download multi touch paint or another paint app. If I swipe my finger across the screen as fast as i can, I can get 2/3 of the way across the screen before it draws anything.
This half second delay makes typing on the screen nearly impossible...It only picks up about half of the letters I press when typing normally like I would on a Dx2. To be clear, its not inputing the wrong letters because i am not used to the phone.. Its not inputting anything on about half of my keypresses.

I am on the latest official (nonleaked) version of android. Unrooted.
Should I RMA it again? Is there a fix, and has anyone else experienced it?

Thanks for any help!

18th May 2012, 01:25 AM |#2  
OP Junior Member

More
over 150 views and no reply yet? I dont mean to rush things along, I just wanna make sure i did everything right.. Im in the right section?

If nothing else, could someone else tell me whether they have similar results?
Is typing horrible for everyone on the onscreen keyboard?
18th May 2012, 01:48 AM |#3  
Flag Columbus
Thanks Meter: 248

More
I don't use the on screen keyboard much but the few times I have I have not noticed any lag. Sounds like a hardware issue to me.
18th May 2012, 03:09 AM |#4  
Flag Chicago
Thanks Meter: 54

More
I'd do a factory reset (yeah yeah, I know). If that doesn't fix it, you can either RMA it again or try to install a 3rd party rom and see if that helps things.

What you are describing is definitely not normal.
18th May 2012, 08:07 PM |#5  
OP Junior Member

More
Factory reset actually cleared up my issues =) thanks!
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)