can't boot into recovery (TWRP, CWM different flashing methods -- nothing works)

Search This thread

gerbetta33

Jan 31, 2011
Evansville
hey all, im stuck running the jedi elite rom (apps constantly FC, laggy, bulky) and so I downloaded AOSB rom. I booted into recovery, which was TWRP 2.6.3.8 i believe, maybe .9. I made a full backup, then I tried to install TWRP 2.7. I flashed the .zip file from the official site, then after flashing, i went to main menu, reboot, then i hit recovery. when it went to reboot into recovery, it got stuck on the black startup screen, it says

RECOVERY BOOTING....
RECOVERY IS NOT SEANDROID ENFORCING
Set Warranty Bit : recovery

this didnt bother me, as thats what it normally says when it boots up, but this time it was stuck. I downloaded Odin 3.09, then downloaded the TWRP 2.7 .tar and installed that, it booted into my old rom, and i tried to boot into recovery from there, same result. I used odin to boot back into the rom, downloaded goomanager, and downloaded the older 2.6.3.9 recovery and everything installed fine as far as i can tell, rebooted into recovery, nothing. I used odin to flash a CWM recovery, same results. It seems recovery is broken. Can anyone help me? I just want stock, AOSP android, tired of TouchWiz's bullcrap.

idtheftvictim

Dec 26, 2010
Charlotte, NC
Version 2.7 of TWRP requires that you have the new 4.4.2 bootloader. Have you installed the new 4.4.2 bootloader?

If not, then downgrade your TWRP version to the previous one.

gerbetta33

Jan 31, 2011
Evansville
ah, no I haven't. How do upgrade the bootloader? And am I fine to flash the 4.4.2 AOSB ROM on TWRP 2.6.3.9?

Sent from my SM-N900T using XDA Premium 4 mobile app