Quick Rundown

Search This thread

KBizzle

Oct 30, 2008
Knoxville
Ok, been away from the note 2 for a min. Anyone want to give me the low down on all this 4.3 stuff? I'm seeing roms say that MJ9 has to be flashed in Odin before a the rom can be flashed? Is this a one time deal or does it have to be done every time I want to flash a tw rom? Do I have to do anything to go back to an aosp rom? I'm sure I could figure all this out on my own but I'm impatient. Lol. TIA

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

lacoursiere18

Jan 9, 2013
LbTs
Ok, been away from the note 2 for a min. Anyone want to give me the low down on all this 4.3 stuff? I'm seeing roms say that MJ9 has to be flashed in Odin before a the rom can be flashed? Is this a one time deal or does it have to be done every time I want to flash a tw rom? Do I have to do anything to go back to an aosp rom? I'm sure I could figure all this out on my own but I'm impatient. Lol. TIA

You have to flash MJ9 firmware that has the tz, params and modem in it.. This allows wifi to work.. then flash away! Just do not flash MJ9 official OS KIES bc you'll lock your bootloader..
Once your done flashing the firmware you can flash in between roms no problem doesn't matter what version,4.1.2, 4.3 or aosp 4.4.2:good:
Edit: here's the thread http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2578458

Last edited:
Reactions: KBizzle

KBizzle

Oct 30, 2008
Knoxville
You have to flash MJ9 firmware that has the tz, params and modem in it.. This allows wifi to work.. then flash away! Just do not flash MJ9 official OS KIES bc you'll lock your bootloader..
Once your done flashing the firmware you can flash in between roms no problem doesn't matter what version,4.1.2, 4.3 or aosp 4.4.2:good:

Thank you. It's been a while.

KBizzle

Oct 30, 2008
Knoxville
Alright, got one more question. So I thought I had bricked my phone last night. Accidentally flashed an S4 stock rom. I know, dumb. Anyway, after 3 hours of trying to Odin multiple stock roms, I finally got one to take and the phone booted. So I immediately went and used casual to root the device. Everything went fine there. I went ahead and updated TWRP to the latest and proceeded to flash aokp. It locked up at the boot animation. So I then tried to flash a 4.1.2 tw rom. This is where it got weird. It flashed fine but then it never booted. Just a black screen after the Samsung splash screen. I then decided to try and Odin a rooted 4.1.3 rom. Still nothing. So last ditch effort I odin'd the pit file. Back in business on an unrooted tw rom. Now when I try to use casual, it won't download the proper driver to root again. Gives a perpetual error and requests the driver be installed over and over until I pull the USB cable. Is there something I'm missing?

BluGuy

Jun 22, 2011
Enterprise
Try this. With the phone booted, go into device manager on your computer and uninstall the driver. Then boot the phone into download mode and uninstall the driver for it in device manager. Boot phone back up and try casual again. Also make sure your Antivirus is off before you run casual.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.