[RECOVERY][ ClockworkMod Touch v6.0.4.8 ][ With Swipe Gestures ]

Search This thread

mythi

Mar 1, 2013
Amman
Installation:
  • Make sure fastboot is unchecked in power options and turn phone completely off
  • Boot into HBOOT then Fastboot
  • From fastboot. Use command "fastboot erase cache"
  • From fastboot. Use command "fastboot flash recovery recovery.img"
    OR
  • Flash via Rom Manager(must have root already).

Downloads:
You can now flash in Rom Manager in rom if rooted

nory82688

Jan 8, 2011
South Jersey
Awesome! It's great to see cwm finally here. How is it running? Does it have the same issues that the other two recoveries are having with restoring backups? If not I'd flash this immediately, but I'd like to see some feed back first.

Sent from my One M8 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

mythi

Mar 1, 2013
Amman
Awesome! It's great to see cwm finally here. How is it running? Does it have the same issues that the other two recoveries are having with restoring backups? If not I'd flash this immediately, but I'd like to see some feed back first.

Sent from my One M8 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

i really don't own the device ... but the recovery should boot .

Phoneguy589

May 1, 2011
S.E. Florida
Was looking in Rom manager but couldn't find the M8 under HTC . I saw the M8 device but it's listed as M8 under M8 device and might be misleading.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

rootrider

Aug 21, 2010
Starnberg
it won't hurt if you make a small test :good:

No, didn't hurt. It boots, it flashes, it backs up and restores. Aroma installer looks like a bad tv screen, the same thing on latest PhilZ recovery and usb option still doesn't connect as on any other recovery.

As I didn't much more, time will show what else works or not. I like the idea of swiping, also scrolling up and down is a little pain until you foind out how it works.

Guys you can flash that and use it without nuking your devices. Some more feedback would be welcome. You shouldn't miss the rainbow mode... :laugh:

mythi

Mar 1, 2013
Amman
No, didn't hurt. It booted, it flashes, it backups and restores. Aroma installer looks like a bad tv screen, the same thing on latest PhilZ recovery and usb option still doesn't connect.

As I didn't much more, time will show what else works or not. I like the idea of swiping, also scrolling up and down is a little pain until you tried how it works a couple of times.

Guys you can flash that and use it without nuking your devices. Some more feedback would be welcome. You shouldn't miss the rainbow mode... :laugh:

hahaha ... i found the rainbow mode now it looks :eek::eek:

jody04c

Dec 7, 2010
Lol!! Rainbow mode is funny.. Seems to be rock n a rolling ok here. Just running a backup now and will try to restore shortly as both Philz and TWRP aint working right for me.

ANDROID_SECURE.IMG NOT FOUND.. SKIPPING RESTORE....

SADLY NO JOY WITH A SUCCESSFUL RESTORE THUS FAR WITH MY DEVICE. (S-Off HTC One M8 Int. Version)

Last edited:

rootrider

Aug 21, 2010
Starnberg
Lol!! Rainbow mode is funny.. Seems to be rock n a rolling ok here. Just running a backup now and will try to restore shortly as both Philz and TWRP aint working right for me.

ANDROID_SECURE.IMG NOT FOUND.. SKIPPING RESTORE....

SADLY NO JOY WITH A SUCCESSFUL RESTORE THUS FAR WITH MY DEVICE. (S-Off HTC One M8 Int. Version)

Android_secure.img? Did you back up that particular directory? If it restores boot.img, system and data that should be enough to restore your device completely.

Android_secure is being skipped here as well, after these three particular backups have been restored. So it's neither important, nor needed!

For backups I'm using online nandroid backup. Very comfortable as you don't need to boot into recovery to do a nandroid backup and it can be customized the hell out of it. No need for any settings in recovery (missing here anyways) so. Give Nandroid Manager a go as well on your device if you need single files being restored.

Ey and I LIKE SWIPING with this recovery. It's the future... Touch was yesterday.
I'll keep it on my device and walk through the functions the next days.

mythi

Mar 1, 2013
Amman
now people ... i need detailed details of whats working and whats not ... i want this to get stable :laugh:

Phoneguy589

May 1, 2011
S.E. Florida
At&t M8 unlocked, S-off, CID-111111.

Tried to backup to sdcard1 and it showed in your recovery before I wiped and restored an older backup.
Wipe/factory reset worked as it should.
Restored older CWM backup and rebooted without an issue.
Looked in ROM Manager for the backup I did before the the wipe and it wasn't there.
Rebooted into recovery via ROM Manager...no issues.
Looked for backup again in sdcard1 and it didn't save.
Factory wipe/reset.
Installed new ROM zip and booted up no issues.
Back into recovery, factory wipe/reset.
Restored last prior backup and dirty flashed updated ROM...worked without issues.
Currently waiting for some free time to try a backup to internal sd.....Hope this helps. Had this type of swipe recovery on my S4...thanks for your time/work and hope you can get it working 100%.

Tried to do backup via ROM Manager...Booted into recovery but E:unknown volume for path /external_sd/clockworkmod/backup/..... Can't mount backup path.

Did a backup to internal sd in CWM and I see the date/backup but haven't wiped and tried restoring yet.

Last edited:

mythi

Mar 1, 2013
Amman

Tried to backup to sdcard1 and it showed in your recovery before I wiped and restored an older backup.
Looked in ROM Manager for the backup I did before the the wipe and it wasn't there.
Factory wipe/reset.
Restored last prior backup and dirty flashed updated ROM...worked without issues.
Currently waiting for some free time to try a backup to internal sd.....Hope this helps. Had this type of swipe recovery on my S4...thanks for your time/work and hope you can get it working 100%.

Tried to do backup via ROM Manager...Booted into recovery but E:unknown volume for path /external_sd/clockworkmod/backup/..... Can't mount backup path.

Did a backup to internal sd in CWM and I see the date/backup but haven't wiped and tried restoring yet.

hmmm...will look into that

CrazyCypher

Oct 19, 2010
Samsung Galaxy Watch 4
What was the problem with restore in PhilZ?
I backed up ARHD and after flashing new firmware and everything I wiped the system and everything and restore nandroid without problems... What problem are you talking about the restore? :)

Pumpiron579

Feb 16, 2007
Goodyear, Az
www.4shared.com

Factory wipe/reset.

Did you try this, http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=51507928&postcount=1
than backup to SD card

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Installation:
    • Make sure fastboot is unchecked in power options and turn phone completely off
    • Boot into HBOOT then Fastboot
    • From fastboot. Use command "fastboot erase cache"
    • From fastboot. Use command "fastboot flash recovery recovery.img"
      OR
    • Flash via Rom Manager(must have root already).

Downloads:
    You can now flash in Rom Manager in rom if rooted