The 'Returns and Replacements' thread.

Search This thread

lawrence750

Jul 18, 2008
Berkshire
UK
Batch HT23

Phone started losing wifi connections coupled with random freezes and reboots and power problems in that the phone would discharege extremely quickly.

Following call to HTC support in UK received RMA details, printed of delivery forms, packed up the phone and dropped of with UPS on a Friday afternoon, phone arrived at regeneris on Monday, no movement or update on system then phone returned following Friday.

No note in to say what was done or any email to say it was being returned!

Phone call to HTC support to find out what had been done and was informed that the Motherboard and battery had been replaced.

On a power front the phone is much better at keeping a charge and I have to report taht apart from the non existent contact Regeneris at Huntingdon seem to have done a good job and I am happy with turnaround time and the repair.....well done HTC.

Those are the people who didn't repair mine twice, I'm really really happy to hear that they're sorting it out.

Sent from my HTC One X using xda app-developers app

lawrence750

Jul 18, 2008
Berkshire
Aamazon uk dont have any in stock so i have to get a refund and pruchase form another retailer.

This could make it easier for you, try to inspect the phone first, hamdir wrote up a great guide for everything to check when buying the phone. Most shops would normally be fine with you checking it first. Particularly if you explain situation first

Reactions: ghori1989

ghori1989

Apr 19, 2012
Dundee
This could make it easier for you, try to inspect the phone first, hamdir wrote up a great guide for everything to check when buying the phone. Most shops would normally be fine with you checking it first. Particularly if you explain situation first

I will check the guide out.

Thanks

Michealtbh

Nov 16, 2010
Belfast
Google Pixel 4
My One X has developed a dead spot on the digitiser. I bought it used so obviously don't have any proof of purchase.

Does anyone know if HTC will honour a warranty without proof of purchase?

uqadwe

May 8, 2012
I don't think so. In my encounters with HTC or it's partners they've always requested the proof of purchase before any serios action.

Try to talk with the seller, he might help you.

ghori1989

Apr 19, 2012
Dundee
I got my new one x today. Its a HT24W. So far i cant see or feel any defects. It did take about 6 hours to charge before i turned it on. The big question now is, do i wait for the offical jelly bean or should i go and piss most of my warrenty away by using htc dev :confused:

sabret00the

Apr 15, 2011
London
s00techified.wordpress.com
I got my new one x today. Its a HT24W. So far i cant see or feel any defects. It did take about 6 hours to charge before i turned it on. The big question now is, do i wait for the offical jelly bean or should i go and piss most of my warrenty away by using htc dev :confused:
If you're a custom ROM type of person, you'll end up there anyway and it's just a matter of how long will you be delayed. I'd say try out Sense until you can't take it any more.

skr_xd

Oct 27, 2006
Al Ain
www.mygadgetfriend.com
HTC distributor in UAE, SIT distribution is the worst in customer care for HTC and spoiling their name here. I have sent my device for screen creaking and power button lost its click and stuck problems. They sent me back after 4 days just reflashing the ROM without doing ANYTHING else.
Planning to go to them in person next week. Let me see what they answer me.

Baz Scotland

Aug 8, 2011
Fife, Scotland
Just received my o2 one x back from HTC after the third repair, this time they've replaced it with a new unbranded handset :D cid HTC__001 :D happy days.

Sent from my HTC One X using xda premium

huwwatkins

Jun 21, 2008
Mine ships tomorrow, hope everything goes smoothly. The dead spot on my screen isn't there constantly, knowing my luck it won't show up at all!

Sent mine off for creaking when you press to top right hand side of the screen below the camera and rainbow effect when pushing screen.

I hope they don't claim its not covered under warranty!

Michealtbh

Nov 16, 2010
Belfast
Google Pixel 4
Just to update, I got my HOX back with a new digitizer/LCD and the dead spot is of course gone. No problems with warranty due to relocked bootloader at all. However it came back with the wifi fault which I didn't previously have. They have offered to repair it but I'm either going to live with it or fix it myself as I don't want to be without my phone for another week.

Overall I'm very happy with HTC's customer service.

ste1164

Jan 16, 2010
Darlington
I had some dust under the screen. I got my phone back really quickly and they also fixed the ripple problem I had :D amazing customer service.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

huwwatkins

Jun 21, 2008
My tracking went from request initiated to > awaiting device then device received and then 'in repair' but has now gone back to 'awaiting device' Anyone know that could mean?

Thanks

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Just sent my white HTC one x back to buymobilesdirect as it had screen corruption under touch pressure, fantastic phone apart from that.

Will have my new one on wednesday, fingers crossed!

I bought GTA 3 and showdowgun will I be able to redownload for free or am I going to have to pay for them again??

Made taiwan ht23
    Same as OP. Sent today pre paid envelope to DAP for same reasons. White model made in Taiwan. Screen strobing on greys on all brightness levels.
    Sent an exchange request to Affordable Mobiles (screen ripples and strobing), won't surprise me if they take days to respond and then ask me to pay for postage :mad:
    Just returning my 2nd hox from three UK (grey) model.

1st HTC one x was dead on arrival, not charging or turning on.

2nd HTC has screen flickering and all usual bugs, intermittent graphic anomalies, coloured bars on left while using camera, browser distorted graphics in top bar and weird box in middle of screen, sense reloading constantly even with 2 factory resets.

Phoned HTC and they said they new of no problems or bugs with one x and no updates coming. Very worrying. 3rd handset on way, last chance HTC then over to galaxy III.
    Ere u go , HTC UK.

01279 206906