[DualBoot][GT-I9100G][Greenblob][BETA] All AOSP Roms in dualboot - Update!

Search This thread
F

fuss132

First of all thanks to chuandinh, I ported his method he uses for the galaxy note to dualboot. Related thread here. I made it working for our device :)

Important: If you´re not sure about something, ask and dont do it. Only apply this method when you´re a 100% sure.

I´m not responsible for things that happen to your device! It may be not safe. Everything is tested (so my device should be damaged first ^^) by myselfe but its your decission to actually use dualboot on your phone.

What you need: You need to understand the following lines and you need to have ~2gb free on your internal sd.
Rom requirements: Till now both roms have to be android 4.2.2!

Step 1: Download all files we need
  • Go to the download page at team-blockbuster and download all files on the page

Those are: dualboot_setup_06042013.zip, greenblob-1.1-lts.zip, boot_to_sd.zip and boot_to_phone.zip.

Step 2: Understanding how it works

- Setup the system you want to have as second rom (the one on sd). Flash anything you want to modifications etc. (apps etc. can be installed later). A wiped rom is always better
- Flash dualboot_setup_06042013.zip. It copys all kernel related files needed to your current rom and pushes your rom to sdcard. Default rom to boot is the phone rom, not the created sd rom seconds before. You´re SDRom is stored in sdcard/SDRom/rom1. greenblob-1.1-lts.zip and reboot
- Now flash your second rom. This is the phone rom. Remember to flash greenblob-1.1-lts.zip after it! You would not run greenblob 1.1 with dualboot otherwise

You´re per default always booting to your phone rom. If you want to boot sd rom you can (theoretically) press home button when the Galaxy S2G starts to pop up. Its not really working yet thats why you need the files boot_to_sd.zip and boot_to_phone.zip.
Boot into recovery and flash the file boot_to_sd.zip to boot to sd or boot_to_phone.zip to boot to phone

Step 3: If you understood everything execute the instructions

Thats it!

Ask twice if you havent understand something! I hope this guide is easy to understand. For me its sooo easy as I developed these way to boot :D But its hard to explain.

I will improve the method on dualboot from time to time to make it easier for you :)

You can suggest features below :)

Last edited:
F

fuss132

Please submit as newsworthy when you think it is :)

Bugs:
  • Bugs? This is dualboot! There may be bugs. Our device is not made for dualboot

For all latest infos stay in touch with me on facebook :)

Last edited:

301stSpartan

Apr 15, 2012
Chicago, IL
Re: [DualBoot][GT-I9100G][BETA] HowTo using greenblob kernel v6.0

Again fuss, this is amazing. Keep it up, you are a God to the 9100g community.

And everyone, if you like this dual boot, DONATE!

Sent from my 9100G, running CM10.1 / Xylon / Slim Bean / Baked Black Bean, depending on the day ;)

Reactions: Black_Prince

fauzi_91

Nov 11, 2011
B.B.Bangi

Surely gonna try this! :D

Sent from my GT-i9100G using Tapatalk 2

fauzi_91

Nov 11, 2011
B.B.Bangi
Re: [DualBoot][GT-I9100G][Greenblob][BETA] All AOSP Roms in dualboot

Fuss132,
Let say if i flash for my sdrom, then i reboot and installed some user apps.. After that i flash to phone rom n reboot..then if i want to reboot to sdrom back, will i hv the user apps installed or jz the clean rom like b4 installing the Dualboot_setup4?
Sorry for my bad english,hope u can understand what am i saying..:p

Sent from my GT-I9100G using Tapatalk 2

F

fuss132

Fuss132,
Let say if i flash for my sdrom, then i reboot and installed some user apps.. After that i flash to phone rom n reboot..then if i want to reboot to sdrom back, will i hv the user apps installed or jz the clean rom like b4 installing the Dualboot_setup4?
Sorry for my bad english,hope u can understand what am i saying..:p

Did you mean this?

- You installed the sdcard rom then flashed gapps for phone rom? Then the gapps are only on your phone rom
Everything thats on your phone at the point where you flash Dualboot_setup4 everything from system gets packed into sd rom.

So if you want gapps in your sdrom you have to flash sd rom, flash gapps then flash Dualboot_setup4

Is it the answer to your question? :)

sengab1991

Dec 6, 2011
well done :)

you are always a hero of the G community , thanks Fuss :)

I have a request if anyone manage to duel boot to make a video or list the steps clearly for the noobs like me :) thanks

akuadi

Nov 7, 2012
Port Dickson

Awesome job from you fuss..Its not to easy but i will try it soon..:rolleyes:

Sent from my GT-I9100G using xda app-developers app

fauzi_91

Nov 11, 2011
B.B.Bangi

Did you mean this?

- You installed the sdcard rom then flashed gapps for phone rom? Then the gapps are only on your phone rom
Everything thats on your phone at the point where you flash Dualboot_setup4 everything from system gets packed into sd rom.

So if you want gapps in your sdrom you have to flash sd rom, flash gapps then flash Dualboot_setup4

Is it the answer to your question? :)

Oic..thanks..
1 more question,hihi
Now im on phone rom, i had restore all my user apps..then if i want to change to sdrom,i need to flash boot_to_sd rite? will it wipe my data?
Im using rev2 n it works..thx again :):thumbup:

F

fuss132

Oic..thanks..
1 more question,hihi
Now im on phone rom, i had restore all my user apps..then if i want to change to sdrom,i need to flash boot_to_sd rite? will it wipe my data?
Im using rev2 n it works..thx again :):thumbup:

No boot_to_sd and boot_to_phone does not wipe any data.
It only changes one value that makes it booting to sd/phone :)

quentin330

Feb 24, 2012
Bordeaux
Thank you for this really =D I was dreaming of it last night, I'm trying it right now. By the way, if I want for exemple to update the rom on the sd card, will I have to override the rom on the internal memory to do it ?

lessirey

Sep 13, 2007
Calicut

Gotta try this.. thx fuss :)

Sent from my GT-i9100G using xda premium

akuadi

Nov 7, 2012
Port Dickson

Actually im not really understand step 2..what im hv to do 1st to setup sdrom??what do i hv to flash 1st,is it kernel 1st or dualboot setup app 1st..:confused:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Dual Boot Instructional Video

Hey guys, I made abetter quality video last night for those of you who still need some instruction. Hopefully this helps.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_IfNYnLwogQ
    Dual Boot Instructional Video

Would be a good video to make an instructions video. +1 for the person who does this :D

UPDATED with new video, quality much better now
    Here's an instructional video I put together quickly. The quality is terrible, so I'm sorry for that. I made this quickly while in the office today and my camera battery was dying very quickly. Also, I don't have access to a quiet dark space or video editing software while at work, so this was the best I could do for now.
    UPDATED with new video, quality much better now

NEW instruction video here
    I'll record and upload a better one once I get home tonight. Cheers.
    Actually im not really understand step 2..what im hv to do 1st to setup sdrom??what do i hv to flash 1st,is it kernel 1st or dualboot setup app 1st..:confused:

Flash ROM. Flash Gapps. Flash Dualboot.zip. Flash Greenblob. Reboot

Again fuss, this is amazing. Keep it up, you are a God to the 9100g community.

And everyone, if you like this dual boot, DONATE!

Sent from my 9100G, running CM10.1 / Xylon / Slim Bean / Baked Black Bean, depending on the day ;)

Anyway sorry to re-asking here :p
    Don't really understand for this ..

If I wanted CM10.1 and Slimbean .. And CM10.1 on the SDCard [2nd ROM Maybe] ... What should I do :p
    Thanks in advance ^^

Response based on old (original video): You can follow my video above. I'll make a better one later but it works for now. Just start with CM like I started with Baked and then install Slim Bean like I installed PA.

Based on the new (current) video: It would be "start with CM like I started with Slim Bean and then install Slim Bean like I installed Baked Black Bean 7.