FORUMS

[ROM] [5.1] [10/22/15] LolliGPE - Sense Apps, Xposed, F2FS, Themes[MULTICARRIER]

3,622 posts
Thanks Meter: 12,019

By digitalhigh, Inactive Recognized Developer on 13th April 2014, 06:45 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
Announcement from digitalhigh: Lollipop GPE for All HTC M8 Carriers
29th November 2014, 07:14 PM |#6411  
Thanks Meter: 2,613

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by okibi

Yes, I'm working on my ROM as well. Not sure how that's odd. See next comment as well, please.

No, it really isn't. The only two things in common are updating SuperSU (which is an app that notifies you when it's updated) and the APM. I based my APM off a MOD posted for Skydragon, along with some of my own changes to it. This was being worked prior. At least I gave credit to the author of the MOD. For the rest, a quick comparison of the ROMs would show we are doing different things.

Apparently this was added to this ROM shortly after I added it to mine and released it. Looks like a lot of my tweaks are in there with it as well. Interesting, considering they've been in my ROM much longer.

Other than the initial base being used, nothing was "kanged" into my ROM. I admit I didn't realize up front all dh did, but I gave him credit after he showed me. I gave credit to holyangel up front and he's been cool with it. I'm just not sure why it's joked that I'm kanging when clearly there are scripts in here that were in my ROM first and with no mention whatsoever. You can make jokes about how effective they are or what they do (although I'd love to prove it), but the point is they are there.

I don't have any beef. I think digitalhigh is fantastic at what he does and he deserves mad props. I just think people should get their stories straight before they choose to disrespect anyone. At the end of the day, we are all trying to provide people - real people - with the best possible experience with their phones.

@digitalhigh, I know you like to make little jabs at me and that's fine. I've asked before and I'll ask again, if you have issue with the base please let me know and we can work it out. There's no sense in letting this nonsense go on.

I don't know why you quoted me, however I haven't seen any credit for this in any Roms that added it... Its originally from @r3pwn and he should be mentioned. He found it shortly after google made casting available on chromecast

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Tapatalk 2
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to runandhide05 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift runandhide05 Ad-Free
29th November 2014, 07:23 PM |#6412  
Retired Moderator - R.I.P.
Flag Malibu Point
Thanks Meter: 11,219

More
: phew :

@digitalhigh and @okibi

Thanks for hashing that out. I was ready to send you both to your rooms

The rest of you all, take note, this is how great development is forged.
The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to TonyStark For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift TonyStark Ad-Free
29th November 2014, 07:25 PM |#6413  
OP Inactive Recognized Developer
Flag Milwaukee, WI
Thanks Meter: 12,019

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by runandhide05

I don't know why you quoted me, however I haven't seen any credit for this in any Roms that added it... Its originally from @r3pwn and he should be mentioned. He found it shortly after google made casting available on chromecast

Well, to be fair, I saw the original method that said to do it using sqlite editor apk, then manually f/c the services. I then took and handwrote the original commands I posted a few days ago...then in this ROM, took and changed "INSERT INTO" to "INSERT OR UPDATE" after seeing okibi do it, realizing that would account for it already being there.

Either way, it's a bloody brilliant idea that wasn't mine to begin with, and I'm happy to give whomver credit for it. Now if I could only make it work from init.d.
The Following User Says Thank You to digitalhigh For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift digitalhigh Ad-Free
29th November 2014, 07:28 PM |#6414  
Flag Maryland
Thanks Meter: 223

Donate to Me
More
Lag and freezes are abundant on the newest build.
The Following User Says Thank You to neilrl79 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift neilrl79 Ad-Free
29th November 2014, 07:30 PM |#6415  
Flag Fort Lauderdale
Thanks Meter: 141

More
How would I know which ROM build I just flashed?
29th November 2014, 07:31 PM |#6416  
Thanks Meter: 2,613

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by digitalhigh

Well, to be fair, I saw the original method that said to do it using sqlite editor apk, then manually f/c the services. I then took and handwrote the original commands I posted a few days ago...then in this ROM, took and changed "INSERT INTO" to "INSERT OR UPDATE" after seeing okibi do it, realizing that would account for it already being there.

Either way, it's a bloody brilliant idea that wasn't mine to begin with, and I'm happy to give whomver credit for it. Now if I could only make it work from init.d.

Your init isn't loading at boot, also you do not need to force close the app at boot.
Not on your latest roms however are any of your inits running at boot?

29th November 2014, 07:36 PM |#6417  
Sounds like I should hold off updating to this. I mainly wanted it for lag improvements and sounds like this build went backward some in that area?
The Following User Says Thank You to PsiPhiDan For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift PsiPhiDan Ad-Free
29th November 2014, 07:43 PM |#6418  
Thanks Meter: 661

More
Haven't had any issues at all here but I'll be testing more throughout the day
29th November 2014, 07:45 PM |#6419  
Thanks Meter: 3

More
Nice ROM
Tried this ROM to give myself a change. GPE with support for what makes the M8 an M8 (IR blaster, Dot View, etc). Nicely done!
29th November 2014, 07:45 PM |#6420  
Thanks Meter: 10

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by neilrl79

Lag and freezes are abundant on the newest build.

I'm having the same probs..
The Following User Says Thank You to Veldetta For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Veldetta Ad-Free
29th November 2014, 07:52 PM |#6421  
Quote:
Originally Posted by digitalhigh

Optional workaround for init.d:
Rename debuggerd in /system/bin to debuggerd.orig and make a shell script (named debuggerd) to call debuggerd.orig then whatever commands you want to run.
Debuggerd runs on boot, so the script (as well as the original debuggerd by calling debuggerd.orig) will be executed every boot.

EDIT: Look here. Thanks, @JustArchi.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)