Killer feature : 2xfront speaker + infra remote control + ultrapixel with OIS.

Search This thread

kkcheong

Oct 20, 2009
Penang
LG V50 ThinQ
What is your killer feature in HTC One? I think all the three feature makes me wanna buy one now.

I don't think any competitors have this very important feature.

Threevo

Jul 18, 2011
Cicero
What largely appeals to me is the boom sound. I can't wait till I have this phone in my hands.

Sent from my LG-LS840 using xda app-developers app

Al Gore

Jan 31, 2013
Moscow
I'm choosing between One and XZ and for me One's killer feature is a screen and a processor.
I don't need two stereo speakers for the "old phone" ringtone or mail notification beeps.

Rimmir

Jan 22, 2011
Ann Arbor, MI
The overall construction (looks amazing in all the videos of it I've seen so far) and the speakers. Hopefully the camera is as good as they say, if so then I will definitely get this

Gitaroo

Nov 21, 2012
processor to me, but any android apps thats actually demanding enough to push the hardware at all? the GPU is still the andreno 320.

Brac20

Mar 14, 2012
Well the screen is the killer feature on the one X for me and I think it'll be the same for the one

Sent from my HTC One X using xda app-developers app

Shasarak

Aug 7, 2009
London
I suspect he meant "HTC". Maybe all the THC is affecting his and your typing accuracy. ;)

---------- Post added at 11:36 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:33 AM ----------

As for the question posed in this thread: in so far as there *is* a killer feature, I guess it's the colour accuracy of the screen; but the S600 chipset and stereo, forward-facing speakers help too.

ethan3686

Aug 19, 2009
India
ANother thing is i tend to use my phones as music players too..so i dont mind the slightly smaller screen..lol if 4.7 is small :p

Al Gore

Jan 31, 2013
Moscow
As for the speakers I don't know...
I play 99% of my games muted
I won't watch videos on it because of the battery
Listening to music through such speakers is masochism
In the pocket both will be covered by my thigh so they will sound muffled
And on the table they will be acting as a huge dust collectors

ookkeri

Apr 15, 2012
1. Build quality
2. Two front speakers
3. Camera
4. Screen

.. and I hope battery life is good.

Just pre-ordered from Finnish operator Saunalahti. 644€ unlocked.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using xda premium

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Camera, screen and processor (spec)

Sent from my GT-I9300 using xda premium
    http://www.engadget.com/2013/02/24/nvidia-tegra-4-benchmarked/

Just slamming this on the table real quick, to the guy who says that the T4 won't beat the 600.

What phones is T4 coming to...? If I'm not mistaken T4i is the Smartphone version (which isn't even A15...).

Not to mention T4 will be out end of this year. By the time its out, 800 will be in most phones. Then after that Snapdragon will have an improved SoC.

If T4 was out now, competing with the S600 then ok. But what is the point of T4 if it comes out at the end of the year?

In my books that is what makes it weaker then the 600.

EDIT:

Also see:

Tweet from Francois Piednoel (Senior Intel Engineer), talking about Atom Z2580 used in the Lenovo K900 smartphone. Maybe HTC will go with Intel next year..

#Tegra4 numbers are really low for the thermal envelop used in this tablets, on AnTuTu, Clovertrail+ is not too far with 1/4 of the power

Tegra 4, excellent Sunspider Scores, which I expected as A15 is good at javascript. When we look at the graphics section of Quadrant, Tegra 4 is not much faster, in fact it is slower in 2D.

The GLBenchmark score we must treat with CAUTION, it is not the same as the original Eygpt HD offscreen. It appears to be using a new texture type. The new test listed is called C24Z16 Offscreen ECT1, the one we know for iPad 4 etc is called C24Z16 Offscreen , we don't how this new texture type affects performance it could make faster or slower, I've emailed the GLB people to find out. Still I would not mind the T4 in a new Nexus 7, as I mainly web browse on it.

Quadrant

Tegra 4
    2D - 330
    3D - 2400
    http://www.androidpolice.com/2013/0...rence-phone-at-mwc-with-benchmarks-and-stats/

Snapdragon 600

2D - 1014
    3D - 2279

http://runtechno.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/02/Benchmark-Result-Quadrant-HTC-One.jpg
    On to the another topic.

Does anyone know if the IR remote in this phone is real universal remote? I mean something like Logitech universal remotes that you can "teach" any commands from any remote?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using XDA Premium HD app

IR is IR and is totally universal when it comes to household appliances, so yes... BUT... no.... It will be up to the application to tell the IR blaster what to send out so unless you find and app that can handle any signal then no. But from my understanding this is a well covered field and should be no problem for the phone to mimic any remote out there.

There is even an app that you can program your evens shows and the app will blast out at the proper time to change your channel with no interaction from you. Talking about lazy!!