SquareTrade vs. Ensquared

Which insurance did you get for your phone?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Search This thread

Serious_Beans

Feb 17, 2011
Negrielectronics also has a similar coverage plan. Check it out.

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2

Alex2x3

Nov 20, 2010
Chicago
Whatever happened to the Zagg insurance? That's what I was planning on getting but it seems to have vanishdd.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using xda premium

circuit.007

Mar 20, 2012
I've never had insurance on a phone and never broken my phone although some have gotten scratched up. I got en squared just to be safe this time. Does anybody know if they give you the exact phone and its new not a refurb?

Sent from my SGH-T999 using xda premium

locoboi187

Aug 5, 2010
I've never had insurance on a phone and never broken my phone although some have gotten scratched up. I got en squared just to be safe this time. Does anybody know if they give you the exact phone and its new not a refurb?

Sent from my SGH-T999 using xda premium

A guy on live chat told me the newer high end phones get a new model. But I read on their policy that they can give refurbs

Sent from my SPH-D710 using xda premium

wavrunrx

Jul 14, 2011
lets do a little math for best-buy insurance vs squaretrade:
assuming you have *1* accident in 2 years:

-----------------------------------

best buy black tie

$240 for 2yr

1 break = $0 deductible

2 year total (including 1 replacement phone) = $240

--------------------------

square trade

125 for 2 yr

1 break = $99 deductible

2 year total (including 1 replacement phone) = $224

------------------------------

in the end, squaretrade is cheaper, but should only be used by those who take good care of their devices.
if you think you will probably have at least 2 or more breaks, best-buy black tie insurance would be the cheapest.

cnstarz

Feb 10, 2010
yes, best buy lets you break your phone every two weeks. i'm not 100% they wont give you a new phone and also not 100% sure that they take just any phone regardless of where you bought it.

eltrutgnik

Jun 18, 2010
CA
lets do a little math for best-buy insurance vs squaretrade:
assuming you have *1* accident in 2 years:

-----------------------------------

best buy black tie

$240 for 2yr

1 break = $0 deductible

2 year total (including 1 replacement phone) = $240

--------------------------

square trade

125 for 2 yr

1 break = $99 deductible

2 year total (including 1 replacement phone) = $224

------------------------------

in the end, squaretrade is cheaper, but should only be used by those who take good care of their devices.
if you think you will probably have at least 2 or more breaks, best-buy black tie insurance would be the cheapest.
I just got my s3 and i haven't decided what insurance to go with. But now that you put like that. The best buy black tie is actually cheaper. The sales rep said if i paid up front for two years it would be 160 or 170 something. You also get the buy back program they offer included for free.

I guess I'll get the black tie

wavrunrx

Jul 14, 2011
I just got my s3 and i haven't decided what insurance to go with. But now that you put like that. The best buy black tie is actually cheaper. The sales rep said if i paid up front for two years it would be 160 or 170 something. You also get the buy back program they offer included for free.

I guess I'll get the black tie

can you buy black tie even if you didnt buy the phone from BB ?

**edit

the best buy buyback program would net you a $140 GIFT CARD to best buy after 2 years for the SGS3.
thats a rip off.

check it here:
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Misc/Buy-Back-Program/pcmcat230000050010.c?id=pcmcat230000050010

**edit 2
buyback program is dead:
"This program is no longer accepting new customers. However, all existing Buy Back plans are still valid."

Last edited:

eltrutgnik

Jun 18, 2010
CA
can you buy black tie even if you didnt buy the phone from BB ?

**edit

the best buy buyback program would net you a $140 GIFT CARD to best buy after 2 years for the SGS3.
thats a rip off.

check it here:
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Misc/Buy-Back-Program/pcmcat230000050010.c?id=pcmcat230000050010

**edit 2
buyback program is dead:
"This program is no longer accepting new customers. However, all existing Buy Back plans are still valid."
I don't really expect to get much money for this phone in 2 years. Look how much the s2 is going in the market right now, almost 250ish? and thats only one year, imagine how much thats going to be in another year. Android phones don't maintain their market value.

The reason i would choose the black tie is because there is no deductible, I've had to take my phones at least twice for repair and both times ive gotten new ones. At least for me its worth it.

locoboi187

Aug 5, 2010
How about Ensquared guys? Not a bad option either really.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using xda premium

yukkerz

Oct 2, 2009
I ended up with SquareTrade myself. When you google street view the address you see a pretty m3. Beautiful house!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Had a friend use Ensquared. She had a At&t Samsung Captivate, lost it, and filed a claim. They sent out a brand new international S2 as a replacement (when they were JUST released).

She later found the Captivate, and they told her she can go ahead and keep both phones. Cool.
    Negri...2 words: never again.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

Damn was it that bad? What happened? I was considering them.

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2