Bricked - Recovery FAIL - HELP

Search This thread

iwtfmcl

Aug 4, 2012
Knin
If you still have working ROM try what is suggested here:

Since you have working ROM, try to flash that small update.app with normal update process via System updates-Update from SD card, if 3 button method fails.

I had the same.
I put it in dload that: http://dl.vmall.com/c01l4l4a2y# via local update, after that you can flash 4.2.2 without issues again via local update.
Another link for the download in case it is slow from the first one https://mega.co.nz/#!9oEHUTiR!uVKEq6...QZ5yrnedx4rug4
I managed to get back to 4.2.2

Now I installed 4.2.2 b610 vodafone dload method.
Boot and recovery are 4.2.2? or have something old? How can I check?

So i tried to wipe cache, data and dalvik cache on twrp 2.7.0.0 and rebooted into bootloader and flashed the stock KK recovery from the thread.
Then i booted my phone up into the stock recovery and it tried to flash the B506 dload with the same error.
I also tried to flash the small update.app without success :(

astrit1

Apr 14, 2014
OnePlus 7 Pro
Hi Guys,

had the same issue today, but thank god i was still able to boot on a bugged omni room to copy file back and forth on my sd card.
But i still cannot find any way back to 4.2...
I tried the steps which surdu_petru write down but i still have the same error message

Checking Module Verlist...
Huawei SD card update fail.

Maybe i made a mistake but these were the steps that i tried:
I`m on the Omni Rom 4.4.2 right now with trwp 2.7.0.0
1. i prepared a microsd with the dload folder of the stock b506 from the huawei site
2. i flashed the stock recovery (B506) from THAT post
3. rebooted the phone and pressed volume plus and minus
4. and then the error message appeard

Maybe someone can explain me step by step how the downgrade works, would like to see the b125 stock on my phone :)

Thank you!
Sorry for my bad english :)

I had the same problem

What to do:
1) Put the B125 dload firmware into sd card
2) Download the recovery i uploaded (Stock Recovery) extract the recovery.img file and flash it
3) Be sure you have 50 or more % battery then you can put your device into recovery mode by holding volume up and -down + power button
and now it should update

I hope it Works
Sorry for my English :)

cyocady

Jun 12, 2014
ok...for a few days i was trying to do the same thing u guys did
first i installed the Chinese update...worked..but i rely do not like it
than..i flashed twrp recovery and omni rom...works ok...but there are some things wrong with it(have a lot of suggestions)
now since that new European update is out i want to get that on it...but it's impossible
i think the card is to blame...maybe..i saw many ppl had this problem when using stock recovery and the dload /UPDATE.APP method
what i was wandering..since u can go from b132 with stock kitkat recovery to b510...via the normal update process ...why isn't there a twrp flashable b132 ..so we can do that than flash the stock recovery and do the update
since i saw the b510 by Reyncla...that should be posible
i will try more with stock recovery to flash one of the old ones...so i can update
will keep u up to date
(if i did some mistakes ...correct me..i am only doing this for 3 days)

cyocady

Jun 12, 2014
I had the same problem

What to do:
1) Put the B125 dload firmware into sd card
2) Download the recovery i uploaded (Stock Recovery) extract the recovery.img file and flash it
3) Be sure you have 50 or more % battery then you can put your device into recovery mode by holding volume up and -down + power button
and now it should update

I hope it Works
Sorry for my English :)

well...i did this but i get an error...maybe my sd card is not good...i will try with another sd card
but is there a way to do this without the cd card...cause if the phone is pluged in and i start the recovery it tryes to update from usb
my question is...where should the update.app file be than when it is trying to do that?
i get the error: "E:failed to mount /sdcard (no such file or directory)" if i try from sd card
thanks for the answers

volpe_astuta

Nov 28, 2012
I've installed B150 from B132 and all was right.
Then I installed Twrp and root the phone.
Then I installed xposed 2.5.1 but I had bootloop.
So I made a factory reset from Twrp but nothing.. So I installed boot.img and b150 recovery from bootloader, i made a data and cache wipe from recovery but nothing.
Then I installed b150 by install from apply update from external but always bootloop.
Then I put update.app in dlfolder and press 3 buttons but it doesn't install because "current build version is not 4.2 don't need move". " this phone is secureboot phone. This phone is lock state"

what does it means?

Help me..

alexandermanez

Feb 1, 2016
I don't think you can use stock recovery to pick update.app from folder. You have to use 3 button power up method.
Just place update.app in dload folder on external SD card.

Bro, i wipe all my phone data. And i'ven't system. So i try update from sd card. And i'ts fine, but when the recovery start to read the rom, crash in the "Checking module system" and that give me a "huawei sd card update error" can help me?

tileeq

Jan 4, 2014
Gevgelija
Bro, i wipe all my phone data. And i'ven't system. So i try update from sd card. And i'ts fine, but when the recovery start to read the rom, crash in the "Checking module system" and that give me a "huawei sd card update error" can help me?

Can you put the update folder in the internal storage of the phone?

Sent from my SM-G850F

iwtfmcl

Aug 4, 2012
Knin
It's been long time, I don't use P6 anymore, but I remember having to flash small intermediate update before flashing main ROM.

Download this first and put on sd card and do 3 button power up.

http://dl.vmall.com/c01l4l4a2y#

if this works then flash the full update.app ROM.

alexandermanez

Feb 1, 2016
It's been long time, I don't use P6 anymore, but I remember having to flash small intermediate update before flashing main ROM.

Download this first and put on sd card and do 3 button power up.

http://dl.vmall.com/c01l4l4a2y#

if this works then flash the full update.app ROM.

Ok, the following happens. I've been using the user tools "Reyncla" to change simultaneously Recovery, that is, between TWRP 2.6.5 KitKat and the Recovery of the stock.

It happens if I can not use the TWRP Flashar any rom. And if I use the KitKat just can Flashar the 200MB, you left me here.

And, if you've ever wondered why not flashing with SPFT it is that certainly I have no idea how.

So I don't know..

andrea1971

Jul 16, 2009
Hallo,
I update this old post because I'm in a similar situation.
My P6 stucks in operator logo; I cannot switch off the phone and to enter recovery mode is very difficult (I have to try many times before enter into recovery).
My recovery is a official one (Android system recovery 3e). In the past I wiped cache, devlik and system data...
Now when starting in recovery mode with dload folder and update.app file, the update procedure fails at "Checking verlist".
I also tried with a intermediate update.app to downgrade from KK to JB but i get the same error.
If I try to put recovery.img or boot.img with fastboot I get "waiting for device".
I also tried with Toolkit, but it does'nt find the device.
Any suggestion?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    hey, I need your help:

I was on OmniROM and wanted to install B125, I installed B118 Recovery and got:
    Checking Module Verlist...
    Huawei SD card update fail

I tried several recoveries and firmwares, no luck.

then in one thread I saw that I have to flash boot.img and then recovery,img. done. and now my phone is stuck at splash screen.

I can enter recovery but it wont install anything.

Please quick help , it's 1:45 am here in germany and I need to get up at 6:30 and my P6 is my alarm!!!

Hello !

Sorry to tell you, but from start you did a wrong step ! First if you was on OmniROM, you must flash ONLY stock recovery for KitKat and not for JB ! From here start all issues in your device !

To avoid any issue , when you use a custom rom based KitKat and you want to downgrade to JB , first you must put your device to Stock Huawei KitKat ( doesn't matter if is beta, B506 or B507 ) ! To install Stock Huawei KitKat - you must to flash stock recovery KitKat - and than flash UPDATE.APP from /dload folder ( where UPDATE.APP is stock firmware Huawei KitKat ) !

Now you should follow the intermediate steps to be able to downgrade to JB ( by installing aditional update.app )

Anyway good luck, and I hope you can solve this issue !

Edit :

You can try this stuff :

First, use your PC with a new microSD to copy UPDATE.APP ( from Huawei KitKat ) in /dload folder !

Go here and take stock recovery for Huawei KitKat ;

Put your microSD already prepared on your device and connect USB cable! Put your device in bootloader mode ( just keep pressing power button and volume down more than 10sec ) - now you should be able to flash stock recovery in your device > fastboot flash recovery recovery.img ; and reboot your device > fastboot reboot ! Right now you can reboot in stock recovery ( adb reboot recovery or using combo key ) and start flash UPDATE.APP !
    Hello !

Sorry to tell you, but from start you did a wrong step ! First if you was on OmniROM, you must flash ONLY stock recovery for KitKat and not for JB ! From here start all issues in your device !

To avoid any issue , when you use a custom rom based KitKat and you want to downgrade to JB , first you must put your device to Stock Huawei KitKat ( doesn't matter if is beta, B506 or B507 ) ! To install Stock Huawei KitKat - you must to flash stock recovery KitKat - and than flash UPDATE.APP from /dload folder ( where UPDATE.APP is stock firmware Huawei KitKat ) !

Now you should follow the intermediate steps to be able to downgrade to JB ( by installing aditional update.app )

Anyway good luck, and I hope you can solve this issue !

Thanks man for helping me out but I'm dumb, if I WAITED; i wouldnt have this problem...
    #

anyway, I already sent device to huawei a few hours ago, I hope I'll get a new device, I have warranty still..

Thanks to all, now everyone can see how to downgrade!
    Thanks man for helping me out but I'm dumb, if I WAITED; i wouldnt have this problem...
    #

anyway, I already sent device to huawei a few hours ago, I hope I'll get a new device, I have warranty still..

Thanks to all, now everyone can see how to downgrade!

Ok, good luck !

This is the reason why I always recommended to use JB Rom with JB Recovery and KitKat Rom with KitKat Recovery - to avoid any issues! :good: