CWM Restore

Search This thread

T.M.

Jan 3, 2012
Vina del Mar
Hello!

I have installed Cocore kernell (8.2 and 8.6.4) a few times in my stock JB rom (LQL) but when I install CM 10.2 and if i need to go back to my stock rom i tried to restore my backup made it with the CWM that comes with cocore, it's pass without problems but when the rom start, stop a lot of process making impossible to work in it, and start in configuration wizard :(

someone have the same problem, there is a way to fix it?

Thanks in advance guys!!!

Razvan

Retired Forum Moderator

From @Paul L. quote:

Format /preload as ext4

download the cocore TWRP kernel, install it, (re-)reboot to recovery, go to advanced (on TWRP, yes, it needs to be TWRP), terminal command, press enter (to select the directory to work from, which should be "/"), and run

make_ext4fs /dev/block/mmcblk0p9

(DANGER: IF YOU FORMAT WHATEVER ELSE IT MAY BRICK YOUR DEVICE, just check that our /dev/block/mmcblk0p9 is 0p9 at the end, it CAN'T BE ANYTHING ELSE.)

Then, go back and onto mount menu, and mount /preload partition. And then just install whatever ROM you want.

I am saying this because re-installing the stock ROM from ODIN can be dangerous if the power it's cut out or the USB is suddenly disconnected. Just format preload partition (there is nothing critical there, so it's safe, or safer than ODIN that's it)

Reactions: T.M.

raan4

Sep 19, 2012
Valera
If you are on Android 4.3 after restoring your backup you need to reboot to recovery (recovery will change as you are on Cocore kernel) and then => format preload, then reboot, should work fine

Sent from Italy using Tapatalk

Is this valid for 4.4? thanks in advance and sorry my poor English:good:

raan4

Sep 19, 2012
Valera
Yes, since some version of CM10.2 TeamJanice uses preload partition for swap. So it must be formated, if that do not work - flash stock JB.

Thanks for your attention
I have a question

Then the steps to back to stock rom would be:
1-recovery (cwm)
2-format preload
3 restore stock
?????
Thanks in advance and sorry my poor English

Last edited:

shut_down

Sep 26, 2010
Belgrade
Samsung Galaxy S21 FE
I have a question

1-recovery (cwm)
2-format preload
3 restore stock
?????

You can go back like that, or you can flash stock fb, root, install cocore and restore your backup (if you want to go back to your backup).

Послато са GT-I9070 уз помоћ Тапатока

Reactions: raan4

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    If you are on Android 4.3 after restoring your backup you need to reboot to recovery (recovery will change as you are on Cocore kernel) and then => format preload, then reboot, should work fine

Sent from Italy using Tapatalk

From @Paul L. quote:

Format /preload as ext4

download the cocore TWRP kernel, install it, (re-)reboot to recovery, go to advanced (on TWRP, yes, it needs to be TWRP), terminal command, press enter (to select the directory to work from, which should be "/"), and run

make_ext4fs /dev/block/mmcblk0p9

(DANGER: IF YOU FORMAT WHATEVER ELSE IT MAY BRICK YOUR DEVICE, just check that our /dev/block/mmcblk0p9 is 0p9 at the end, it CAN'T BE ANYTHING ELSE.)

Then, go back and onto mount menu, and mount /preload partition. And then just install whatever ROM you want.

I am saying this because re-installing the stock ROM from ODIN can be dangerous if the power it's cut out or the USB is suddenly disconnected. Just format preload partition (there is nothing critical there, so it's safe, or safer than ODIN that's it)
    Is this valid for 4.4? thanks in advance and sorry my poor English:good:

Yes, since some version of CM10.2 TeamJanice uses preload partition for swap. So it must be formated, if that do not work - flash stock JB.
    I have a question

1-recovery (cwm)
    2-format preload
    3 restore stock
    ?????

You can go back like that, or you can flash stock fb, root, install cocore and restore your backup (if you want to go back to your backup).

Послато са GT-I9070 уз помоћ Тапатока