[Q] E: Can't mount /sdcard/ and no files found

Search This thread

Huhmeister

Mar 26, 2014
Ive been having trouble and flashing roms for the past week trying to get my captivate to boot, but i constanly either get into a boot loop or i load into a black screen.

In CWM 5.1.0.7, when i choose "Install zip from sdcard > Choose zip from sdcard" i get a "E: Can't mount /sdcard/" error.

If i go to "Reformatting, tweaks and more > System Information > Browse directories and files", ill get "No files found." on a few of the directories and my /bin folder only has "init.goldfish.sh" in it. most of them have only bare minimal things in them. (im not sure if this is normal or not)

How should i go about fixing this?

Nihar

Sep 13, 2012
Pune
Ive been having trouble and flashing roms for the past week trying to get my captivate to boot, but i constanly either get into a boot loop or i load into a black screen.

In CWM 5.1.0.7, when i choose "Install zip from sdcard > Choose zip from sdcard" i get a "E: Can't mount /sdcard/" error.

If i go to "Reformatting, tweaks and more > System Information > Browse directories and files", ill get "No files found." on a few of the directories and my /bin folder only has "init.goldfish.sh" in it. most of them have only bare minimal things in them. (im not sure if this is normal or not)

How should i go about fixing this?

i think your internal storage has been corrupted..

Nihar

Sep 13, 2012
Pune
Thanks a million! I atleast got my phone to start up now lol. Is there really no hope for the internal SD? No way to flash it back to normal? It is a software error afterall.

according to me , no there is no hope...
bt according to some users, their sd card came back to life after some time and then got bricked again...
and also no to the stock, it boots up bt cannot really do anything..
you can now use cm10,10.1,10.2, 11 roms using neat kernel..

Reactions: Huhmeister

Huhmeister

Mar 26, 2014
bt according to some users, their sd card came back to life after some time and then got bricked again...

4 days later, I finally have the time to have one last follow up problem. I've flashed a CM11 nightly and my external sd shows up as my main storage in settings. I can download apps but i still can't access my camera or save pictures from the internet(it tells me "no SD card , and sd card is required to download). Also tested this with the voice recorder, it wouldnt start and told me the same thing.

Is this normal with the method you gave or have i done something wrong?

Nihar

Sep 13, 2012
Pune
4 days later, I finally have the time to have one last follow up problem. I've flashed a CM11 nightly and my external sd shows up as my main storage in settings. I can download apps but i still can't access my camera or save pictures from the internet(it tells me "no SD card , and sd card is required to download). Also tested this with the voice recorder, it wouldnt start and told me the same thing.

Is this normal with the method you gave or have i done something wrong?

you have done everything right, but you have forgotten to flash the neat kernel..
just flash it and everything wil be back to normal...

Huhmeister

Mar 26, 2014
you have done everything right, but you have forgotten to flash the neat kernel..
just flash it and everything wil be back to normal...

I got it completely working with your advice but when i took the phone out of my pocket it was stuck on the neat kernal loading screen and rebooting it wouldnt help. I decided to flash back to stock and redo the process. I wiped all data etc. in recovery but when i went to partition the sd card again in cwm it finished instantly.

My pc wouldnt read it and even my another phone didnt detect it was there.

I'm assuming the SD card just died, its verbatim 8gig(Not sure if thats a reliable brand or not).

Could this be because i did something wrong is it just a coincidence with the sd card dying? Im buying a sandisk soon anyhow.

Nihar

Sep 13, 2012
Pune
I got it completely working with your advice but when i took the phone out of my pocket it was stuck on the neat kernal loading screen and rebooting it wouldnt help. I decided to flash back to stock and redo the process. I wiped all data etc. in recovery but when i went to partition the sd card again in cwm it finished instantly.

My pc wouldnt read it and even my another phone didnt detect it was there.

I'm assuming the SD card just died, its verbatim 8gig(Not sure if thats a reliable brand or not).

Could this be because i did something wrong is it just a coincidence with the sd card dying? Im buying a sandisk soon anyhow.

i think it died..
just to ensure longer life, buy a sandisk class 10 sd card..
i bought it!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Thanks a million! I atleast got my phone to start up now lol. Is there really no hope for the internal SD? No way to flash it back to normal? It is a software error afterall.