[GAME] PacMap

Search This thread

bompo

Dec 30, 2010
PUBLIC BETA TEST

PacMap is a location-based game for Android phones.
To play the game you need a GPS signal and a working internet connection. There also have to be some streets nearby.
Your goal is to eat all the dots. For each dot you will get a point. But beware! Ghosts will try to catch you. Try to avoid them as long as possible.

Warning!
Don't play this game on a busy street! Don't put yourself in danger! Obey the traffic rules and regulations!

search in market for "pacmap" or use this qrcode:
qrcode.png

sourcecode at http://sourceforge.net/projects/pacmap/

screenshot_ingame.png
screenshot_menu.png

Teaser:

Game footage:

thx1200

Inactive Recognized Developer
The game right now looks designed more for city driving but I think this would be an awesome idea for an exercise game for walkers/runners. If you can find a way to speed up game play for pedestrians (maybe dots are smaller or closer together?), this would be a lot of fun. The neighborhoods around where I live have a lot of cul de sacs and little side roads, which would be perfect mazes.

bompo

Dec 30, 2010
Thanks for your feedback.

How to control the pacman to move?
Yes, you have to walk.

What about Multiplayer-Mode?
Would be hard to implement. Also the game would become hide-and-seek.

Limited, adjustable Gaming Area. That Pacman can't flee over an highway.
There is a time limit and the ghost will still chase you if you leave the gaming area.

After I fixed the remaining bugs, I will try to implement a kind of "unlimited mode" for walkers/runners.

scar45

Inactive Recognized Themer
Aug 17, 2006
This is indeed a novel idea, and I'm sure will be quite fun for drivers, while they're being SUPER safe of course...

I just tested it out though, and it seems to keep my GPS connection active even after closing the app? I also terminated it through a task killer, and the GPS icon was still in my status bar...Understandable as it's still in beta-form, but just wanted to notify bompo and see if anyone else had experienced this.

Thanks for this great app+idea bompo!

Buraque

Dec 16, 2010
Great idea really, congrats.

Besides GPS turn-of problem as scar45 stated, I had the problem that the app did not update my current location.
I see my self at home, although I'm at the office :) And I checked my current location on Latitute as upto date.

And I also thing that the multi-player option would be great, collecting yellow dots with a friend on bicycle will a lot fun :)

Thanks Pompo

chrisg1

Dec 23, 2010
Can't find the app on the market and sourceforge.
Could you mirror it again or provide the sourcecode?

Greetings

Sent from my Plain Biff Dream using XDA App

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    PUBLIC BETA TEST

PacMap is a location-based game for Android phones.
    To play the game you need a GPS signal and a working internet connection. There also have to be some streets nearby.
    Your goal is to eat all the dots. For each dot you will get a point. But beware! Ghosts will try to catch you. Try to avoid them as long as possible.

Warning!
    Don't play this game on a busy street! Don't put yourself in danger! Obey the traffic rules and regulations!

search in market for "pacmap" or use this qrcode:
    qrcode.png

sourcecode at http://sourceforge.net/projects/pacmap/

screenshot_ingame.png
    screenshot_menu.png

Teaser:

Game footage:
    Sorry, but Namco Bandai filled a DMCA request at sourceforge and removed the project. And as I don't want to get in further trouble with Namco I immediately removed the game from the market and deleted the videos.
    I will work on a improved version with new graphics and sound which won't get me in trouble as soon as I have enough time. I will let you know when I got something.