FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

View Poll Results: Do you use custom themes?

Yes, I know how and I use them

1,729 Vote(s)
39.94%
No, I know how but I choose not to use them

287 Vote(s)
6.63%
I dont know how to change themes

2,313 Vote(s)
53.43%
Post Reply Email Thread
Hello, I am a little new here. I am kind of a newb with a lot of things. I did root my device and replaced the boot images.. but i do not know how to make themes. I was wondering if anyone would be willing to help by making a theme for me?

I added some images as to what i am looking to have done, that is of course anyone is willing to help. it is fairly simple i am looking to get the color scheme and kids icons if possible... maybe have a little fun with the clock or not if its too much work.

If anyone could help me out I would appreciate it... i am a graphic designer more than a programmer.. a lot of this is confusing to me.

I really like this site and hopefully i can be of some help at some point. This is my first post but i plan on posting a lot more.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	RAAndroid.jpg
Views:	18230
Size:	19.5 KB
ID:	143889   Click image for larger version

Name:	RAAndroidlogo.jpg
Views:	12416
Size:	60.9 KB
ID:	143890  
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to RandumAccess For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift RandumAccess Ad-Free
6th January 2009, 08:42 PM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 5

More
Nice concept...but I`m not sure if you have looked at this topic http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=467639 It describe how to make a theme and stuff, good starting point anyways. Hope it helps!
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to agusta For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift agusta Ad-Free
6th January 2009, 08:50 PM |#3  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 33

More
Yeah ive seen that thread but it scares me...lol
I really dont know what I am doing with all that stuff. I dont really know if I understood everything in it either :-\

thanx though I will try to follow it and make a theme myself but it might take me a while...lol
6th January 2009, 08:52 PM |#4  
Thanks Meter: 5

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by RandumAccess

Yeah ive seen that thread but it scares me...lol
I really dont know what I am doing with all that stuff. I dont really know if I understood everything in it either :-\

thanx though I will try to follow it and make a theme myself but it might take me a while...lol

hahaha I would offer help but unfortunately I am no programmer
The Following User Says Thank You to agusta For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift agusta Ad-Free
6th January 2009, 08:59 PM |#5  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 33

More
Agusta - haha s ok thanks anyway :D
The Following User Says Thank You to RandumAccess For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift RandumAccess Ad-Free
5th September 2009, 10:35 PM |#6  
Flag Spokane, Wa
Thanks Meter: 9

Donate to Me
More
Ok- I just successfully rooted my G1, and installed the latest "stable build"- I used open home before rooting- how do I install all these great themes now?- Chris aka riffman
6th September 2009, 01:43 AM |#7  
Thanks Meter: 166

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ccriffman

Ok- I just successfully rooted my G1, and installed the latest "stable build"- I used open home before rooting- how do I install all these great themes now?- Chris aka riffman

The theme has to be compatible with your rom and version number of your rom. If there are no explicit instructions, then flash just like your rom. Otherwise follow directions.
11th February 2015, 11:08 AM |#8  
Recognized Developer / Contributor
Flag Thessaloniki
Thanks Meter: 14,565

Donate to Me
More
good evening everyone!

does anyone knows,how to add that ''bubble'' effect on click in settings menu ??
when i touch a menu ,in settings, there is no effect with that circle growing....
anyone know how to do it ?

thanks in advancce

---------- Post added at 11:05 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:02 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by starbucks2010

Hello,

Can someone tell me how can I use a custom background in Settings in 4.4.4 (Samsung Galaxy Note Edge)?

Thank you in advance.

u want background image or custom color ?
recompile settings.apk with a program like 7zip (works fine)
find the value of the color in XMLs
and use apktool to recompile it

its sound no easy i know but there are several guides here in XDA

---------- Post added at 11:08 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:05 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by FIFATG

Hello all,

I'm running a stock GPE rom on my HTC One M8.
Is there a way for me to use themes like in CM Theme Engine?
Would like to learn.

Thanks in advance.

yes you can.i need root and xposed framework
http://nexus5.****************/how-to...xus-5-0156384/
6th January 2009, 08:53 PM |#9  
Flag San Diego
Thanks Meter: 81

More
Im teaching myself how to make themes as well. I have found it best to read through that walkthrough a million times and then PM a couple of the dev guys to answer specific questions.

Basically this is the process:

- Take a theme that you like for RC30 or ADP1 or whatever you wanna make it in

- Extract 2 folders inside, app, and framework into a new folder on your computer

- Rename add a .zip to the end of the apk files and extract them all so you have a bunch of folders with your app names

- Go into res and find any folder that says drawable and inside of there are the files to edit for your theme. Make sure not to edit the .9.png files.

- Once all your editing is done get into linux and turn all the folders back into zip files, then turn them back into apk files.

- Then take your app folder and framework folder that contain the new files and in linux create it into one zip file.

- Then you send the file back to windows, get the SignAPK files, put your zip in the folder with the SignAPK files and run some commands in the CMD to resign the file.

- Then rename that file update.zip and put it on the SDcard and give it a whirl.

This is how I understand the process after talking to a couple people for the last few days. I am hoping to release my own theme soon and if it works you will know that these steps are right. LOL And dont follow those directions, they are just to give you an idea of the steps involved.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to brandenk For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift brandenk Ad-Free
6th January 2009, 09:03 PM |#10  
Inactive Recognized Developer
Flag Bartow Florida
Thanks Meter: 648

Donate to Me
More
@brandenk

why do we need to zip the files in linux? By the way thanks for the theming for dummies guide.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Geo411m For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Geo411m Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
1.1, 1.5, adp1, android themes, boot, boot animation, bug, cant open, change, convert, dude, files, g1 themes, gallery, ghosting, how to, icon, icons grey, image, launcher, launcher.apk, port, pull-up tray, rc30, rc33, rc33 lite, signing, status bar, stericson, theme, themes, transperency, tray, wallpaper gallery, wallpapers, zip

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)