FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

View Poll Results: Do you use custom themes?

Yes, I know how and I use them

1,730 Vote(s)
39.95%
No, I know how but I choose not to use them

287 Vote(s)
6.63%
I dont know how to change themes

2,313 Vote(s)
53.42%

General Questions about Themes GO HERE!!!!!

419 posts
Thanks Meter: 34

By RandumAccess, Senior Member on 6th January 2009, 08:36 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
16th January 2016, 01:15 AM |#5001  
Thanks Meter: 2

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Geo411m

@brandenk

why do we need to zip the files in linux? By the way thanks for the theming for dummies guide.

21st January 2016, 09:28 AM |#5002  
Account currently disabled
Flag Sydney
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Visit recent develop website theme
Hey, Recently I develop a website for mobile application development and using customize theme! Previously the website has been developed in Wordpress using thrive themes but now shifted to Drupal! You can ask me anything related to any of niche theme. I have paid my theme shop account and have some friends who develop customize themes and plugins. Cheers, David
10th February 2016, 08:19 AM |#5003  
Thanks Meter: 46

More
Not sure if this is the right place to ask it.

Is there any decent theme that skins your phone like windows phone for CM13?
I found MetrOS, but it's for CM10-12 and it crashes my phone.

I would mainly love to have windows navigation buttons.

And is there any way to theme individual apps easily? I'd like to theme facebook and Opera if possible.
9th March 2016, 10:07 PM |#5004  

More
So I'm planning on installing a 7" Amazon Fire (the $50 5th gen) in my car. I've got this design (attached) set how I want it and the majority of it will be done in KLWP but just can't figure out what I need to use to get the Nav bar fixed on the right side and use (large) icons as depicted in the graphic (I want them visible when apps are open so creating them in KLWP is out).

I was on SlimRom that had some custom setting for the nav bar but I couldn't get them to the size I wanted or align it to the right side. Now, I'm on Fire Nexus Rom and was suggested GravityBox could do it but I'm not seeing any settings how how to change graphics or custom Nav bar icons. There is a setting for Left alignment when in landscape but even after enabling/disabling/rebooting several times I haven't got it to work.

If anyone has suggestions on using either gravitybox or any other method to achieve the navbar it would be much appreciated.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	StereoUI_2.jpg
Views:	142
Size:	55.9 KB
ID:	3676893  
12th March 2016, 10:28 AM |#5005  
Thanks Meter: 84

More
Someone knows a CM13 Theme alike to Marshmallow Nexus Factory? The ideal would be to have also the same App Icons and the same Boot Animation.
I tried to search in the Play Store but I don't find anything like this.
I would like to flash the ROM Hazy which I have seen some screenshots and default theme it's a bit 'too colorful for my taste.
14th March 2016, 08:49 AM |#5006  
~$:
Thanks Meter: 749

Donate to Me
More
hi all.
on latest builds of CM13 [this issue become starting about at 01 March] there is an issue applying icon themes.
after a restart, some app don't keep the customization, and replace the theme icon with the default one.

this happens on all launchers, and in settings > apps the icons are all default [not themed].
I have to re-apply the theme to make them work.

does anyone have the same issue?
18th March 2016, 03:35 AM |#5007  
Thanks Meter: 7

More
Looking for an app similar to simple text... App doesn't seem to work anymore. I'm trying to make icons as a text.
24th March 2016, 10:14 AM |#5008  
Flag _Under Ground_
Thanks Meter: 1,679

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by zipalign

hi all.
on latest builds of CM13 [this issue become starting about at 01 March] there is an issue applying icon themes.
after a restart, some app don't keep the customization, and replace the theme icon with the default one.

this happens on all launchers, and in settings > apps the icons are all default [not themed].
I have to re-apply the theme to make them work.

does anyone have the same issue?

I noticed that myself... I have the same issues on several cm13 builds on several devices... The re-application only works if you never restart the device... Once the device is restarted it does it again...

I haven't been able to resolve the issue but, its not a big deal at the moment...

The bigger issue with me is themes changing nav bar icons when applying styles and status bars only.... I leave nav bar on default.... When I reboot, the nav bar icons change as if you set Nav Bar on the theme you applied...

Some themes it happens and some don't... Anybody have a work around for that?
24th March 2016, 08:02 PM |#5009  
~$:
Thanks Meter: 749

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex'sEvolution

I noticed that myself... I have the same issues on several cm13 builds on several devices... The re-application only works if you never restart the device... Once the device is restarted it does it again...

I haven't been able to resolve the issue but, its not a big deal at the moment...

The bigger issue with me is themes changing nav bar icons when applying styles and status bars only.... I leave nav bar on default.... When I reboot, the nav bar icons change as if you set Nav Bar on the theme you applied...

Some themes it happens and some don't... Anybody have a work around for that?

I have found a workaround for icons [don't know if it works with navbar too].
once the phone restarts, open the theme app, apply stock theme, then re-apply customized one.
my icons are back until next reboot.
24th March 2016, 08:35 PM |#5010  
Flag _Under Ground_
Thanks Meter: 1,679

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by zipalign

I have found a workaround for icons [don't know if it works with navbar too].
once the phone restarts, open the theme app, apply stock theme, then re-apply customized one.
my icons are back until next reboot.

There is a problem with that though, the device takes a performance hit when you do it that way... I've done that the same way... When you apply anything theme related on some 13 builds, the some devices act funny if not restarted...

I do the same as you stated above for nav bars as Well... Hopefully it will get fixed later on down...
The Following User Says Thank You to r1l_Alex_™ For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift r1l_Alex_™ Ad-Free
23rd April 2016, 02:30 PM |#5011  

More
I accidentally deleted my UCCW Clock widget. Does anyone know it?

Quote:

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
1.1, 1.5, adp1, android themes, boot, boot animation, bug, cant open, change, convert, dude, files, g1 themes, gallery, ghosting, how to, icon, icons grey, image, launcher, launcher.apk, port, pull-up tray, rc30, rc33, rc33 lite, signing, status bar, stericson, theme, themes, transperency, tray, wallpaper gallery, wallpapers, zip

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)