FireTV 2 (sloane) Prerooted Stock Images [5.2.7.6_r1]

Search This thread

rbox

Recognized Developer
Apr 22, 2011
Here are prerooted stock images for use with my recovery. Note that these contain addon.d support, so any 3rd party things you install to /system need an addon.d script to be retained between flashes.

Managing Stock Recovery
Starting with 5.0.5_r3, stock recovery gets disabled. This means you cannot reboot in to stock recovery manually or automatically because of a system update. This will make it safer for people who forget to disable updates. You should still disable updates though. If for whatever reason, you want to reenable it, or verify it is disabled, you can use the manage_recovery program. Under normal circumstances, you should never need to use manage_recovery.
  • Connect to adb and start a shell
  • Switch to root with su
  • Run manage_recovery (if you do not run su first, it will seem to run, but won't actually be able to do anything)
    Code:
    manage_recovery

There are 3 different scenarios that manage_recovery will detect and prompt for.

The first is when stock recovery is disabled, it will look like this:
Code:
Checking current stock recovery status... NOT STOCK
Checking for reason... DISABLED
Stock recovery is currently disabled,
Would you like to enable it?
Type 'yes' to enable it, anything else to quit.

The second is when a stock recovery is flashed that does not match the current system version:
Code:
Checking current stock recovery status... NOT STOCK
Checking for reason... WRONG VERSION
Would you like to disable stock recovery?
Type 'yes' to disable it, anything else to quit.

And finally, the third is when stock recovery is enabled and the correct version:
Code:
Checking current stock recovery status... STOCK
Would you like to disable stock recovery?
Type 'yes' to disable it, anything else to quit.

After changing the recovery status, you can run the program again to verify it changed.

WARNING: DO NOT FLASH 5.0.5.1 OR EARLIER IF YOU STARTED WITH VERSION 5.2.1.0 OR LATER

NOTE: If you were at 5.2.6.6 or below, you MUST flash 5.2.6.7 before going to 5.2.6.8 or later.

Changelog and Downloads:

Last edited:

Takeoo111111

May 12, 2010
Hi,
I ended up with following message during image installation:
Code:
[...]
Coping system image...
Updater process ended with signal: 7
Error installing zip file '/usb/sloane-5.0.4-rooted_r2.zip'
Updating partition details...
...done

And, no wonder... after power cycling (I had to do so, since recovery seemed to be frozen) it stuck in a bootloop.
But I still can access recovery!

Any ideas? Is there any way to get a more verbose output?
(Used recovery 3.0.0-2 and recovery_installer v3)

Edit:
Now there is no /system Partition mounted

Edit2:
I was able to mount /dev/block/mmcblk0p13 manually to /system but it seems that I can't mount it in rw mode.
If I do so, it switches back to ro when I there the folder. (I think, that could be the error during image installation)

What's strange is: If I enter /system/lib I can't execute any command (like "ls" "touch" etc. only cd is working) I get following output:
Code:
/system/lib # ls
CANNOT LINK EXECUTABLE DEPENDENCIES: "libc.so" is 32-bit instead of 64-bit
# echo $LD_LIBRARY_PATH
.:/sbin
File libc.so is existing, but I can't finde a way to get the file type data

Edit3:
More strange things:
I was wrong! I am able to write to /system till the point when I execute a "ls" :eek:
Than its back to ro.

Edit4:
I tried to reflash recovery and the following error:
Locating the target file...
Code:
[...]
Reading 05055F000: 100%
Opening the target file...
Reading 01D947000: 100%
error: source file is larger than target file!
No shure if that was there when I flashed it first.
Related to this post

Last edited:

rbox

Recognized Developer
Apr 22, 2011
Hi,
I ended up with following message during image installation:
Code:
[...]
Coping system image...
Updater process ended with signal: 7
Error installing zip file '/usb/sloane-5.0.4-rooted_r2.zip'
Updating partition details...
...done

And, no wonder... after power cycling (I had to do so, since recovery seemed to be frozen) it stuck in a bootloop.
But I still can access recovery!

Any ideas? Is there any way to get a more verbose output?
(Used recovery 3.0.0-2 and recovery_installer v3)

Edit:
Now there is no /system Partition mounted

Edit2:
I was able to mount /dev/block/mmcblk0p13 manually to /system but it seems that I can't mount it in rw mode.
If I do so, it switches back to ro when I there the folder. (I think, that could be the error during image installation)

What's strange is: If I enter /system/lib I can't execute any command (like "ls" "touch" etc. only cd is working) I get following output:
Code:
/system/lib # ls
CANNOT LINK EXECUTABLE DEPENDENCIES: "libc.so" is 32-bit instead of 64-bit
# echo $LD_LIBRARY_PATH
.:/sbin
File libc.so is existing, but I can't finde a way to get the file type data

Edit3:
More strange things:
I was wrong! I am able to write to /system till the point when I execute a "ls" :eek:
Than its back to ro.

Edit4:
I tried to reflash recovery and the following error:
Locating the target file...
Code:
[...]
Reading 05055F000: 100%
Opening the target file...
Reading 01D947000: 100%
error: source file is larger than target file!
No shure if that was there when I flashed it first.
Related to this post

If you reboot in the middle of flashing the ROM, you're /system is going to be corrupt. It's a miracle recovery is still working. The reason the installer is failing is because you can only use it for 100% stock roms. Once you start using recovery and flashing things, you cannot (and should not) use the installer. I will add a warning.

If recovery hangs again, you can run
Code:
killall recovery
from adb shell and it will restart. It is extremely important never to reboot if you have a failure. As for logs... /tmp/recovery.log has the full log. Have you verified the file transfer properly before trying to flash?

Reactions: sgs9 and justin6162

TorqueWrench001

Dec 12, 2010
Philadelphia
Success!! I have the issue with the recovery screen being scrambled. Switched to another tv got through recovery and installed rom, then the screen would be blank when booting to system. After 2 hours of reading and trying.... Went back to the original tv , the tv recognizes the home screen display. Apparently whatever the issue with the recovery screen is prevented the home screen from being visible on the second tv. anyway all good now!

elliwigy

Retired Forum Moderator / Recognized Developer
XDA App Taskforce
Success!! I have the issue with the recovery screen being scrambled. Switched to another tv got through recovery and installed rom, then the screen would be blank when booting to system. After 2 hours of reading and trying.... Went back to the original tv , the tv recognizes the home screen display. Apparently whatever the issue with the recovery screen is prevented the home screen from being visible on the second tv. anyway all good now!

i think someone else had the same issue and i think it was the tv lol

what do you have the fire tv set to in the display settings? If you had it set to a certain setting such as 1080p but the tv is in a different setting could be the issue.. or something like that lol

AFTVnews.com

Jul 22, 2014
www.AFTVnews.com

i think someone else had the same issue and i think it was the tv lol

what do you have the fire tv set to in the display settings? If you had it set to a certain setting such as 1080p but the tv is in a different setting could be the issue.. or something like that lol

Someone in the comments of my guide said the scrambled screen issue was due to incompatibility with 1080i TVs. I'm curious @TorqueWrench001 is your scrambled TV a 1080i set that's not capable of 1080p ?

Largewoodenspoon

Nov 12, 2011
Someone in the comments of my guide said the scrambled screen issue was due to incompatibility with 1080i TVs. I'm curious @TorqueWrench001 is your scrambled TV a 1080i set that's not capable of 1080p ?

Mine is a 1080i tv. Old sony bravia. Great picture and sound though. The display is most definitely tits up on twrp. However, I have a broken tiny cheap wall mounted 1080i flatscreen, with no sound, which is now my dedicated 2nd aftv monitor, just for twrp purposes. It even fits snug under my living room tv unit out of sight.

I am awaiting funds for a new samsung curved 55inch beast. But, I think it will have to wait until the sony bravia dies on me! lol

Top Liked Posts