Post those battery stats!

Search This thread

natera27

Jan 2, 2013
Guadalajara
I dont know why but y run out of battery very quick even when my razr i came with a 2300 mAh battery, I have the AmericaMovil version, use tasker to turn off wifi when Im not home and screen brightness to the minimum all time, use Go Launcher, any Ideas to get that awesome battery times like yours?

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1357270932050.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1357270932050.jpg
    67.8 KB · Views: 450
  • uploadfromtaptalk1357270960647.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1357270960647.jpg
    59.8 KB · Views: 435
  • uploadfromtaptalk1357270980586.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1357270980586.jpg
    55.5 KB · Views: 381

fabiocastilhos

Feb 1, 2011
I dont know why but y run out of battery very quick even when my razr i came with a 2300 mAh battery, I have the AmericaMovil version, use tasker to turn off wifi when Im not home and screen brightness to the minimum all time, use Go Launcher, any Ideas to get that awesome battery times like yours?

You have a lot of wakelocks (when your device can't go to deep sleep). Check the bars "Awake" and "Screen On". Your phone was awake even when the screen was off.
This app can help you track what app are causing those wakelocks
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.asksven.betterbatterystats

Reactions: SharpnShiny
not particularly impressive...

my stats haven't improved after a week with the phone.

i wonder if there really is that big a difference between firmwares?
perhaps we should all post that bit of info too.

81.5.39001.XT890.Retail.en.GB

Attachments

• Screenshot_2013-01-03-00-52-44.jpg
    Screenshot_2013-01-03-00-52-44.jpg
    23.8 KB · Views: 329

mauricio09

Oct 25, 2011

I have the AmericaMovil version too (TELCEL) and have the same problems, the battery runs out quickly, it seems to be a problem with the firmware and the applications or system configurations that Telcel includes, in this coming days im going to unlock the bootloader and i'll try with another firmware, the retail brazil firmware seems to have better performance with the battery.
Sorry for my bad english.
Cheers...

Last edited:

pk4lyfe

Dec 24, 2012
Any phone owner would be proud of this....

Sent from my XT890 using xda app-developers app

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1357593686437.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1357593686437.jpg
    65.7 KB · Views: 345
  • uploadfromtaptalk1357593728272.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1357593728272.jpg
    66.9 KB · Views: 311
Dec 9, 2012
Almost 4 hours of screen time, only turned sync off when i went to sleep, very impressed

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1357716133940.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1357716133940.jpg
    64.8 KB · Views: 226
  • uploadfromtaptalk1357716148163.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1357716148163.jpg
    53.7 KB · Views: 196

purplet

Jan 9, 2011
nade3u7e.jpg
ehygutas.jpg

Excessive usage, pets streaming shows and browsing.

Gesendet von meinem XT890 mit Tapatalk 2

CentaXx

Jun 12, 2011
Finally my battery stats look the way i imagined it in first place. On page 2 of this thread, i complained that my razr i had 50% battery left with just 2 hours of display on time (!), now it's 30% left with 5 hours display on. The more disappointing the first result was, the more happy i am now about my phone, it really handles well even with heavy usage.

rasaf

Sep 7, 2009
I am also quite pleased with the battery life. Last week I got more than 50% battery left after listening to music for 9 hours over a BT headset. My previous Nexus S was dead by that time.

Today, I ran the battery down and then recorded data points while the recharging phone was turned off. A 1200mA charger from my old N86 was used. The result is appended below. As can be seen, the charging is not a smooth function of time. It charges up to 50% within only one hour, the next 40% take another hour. The final 10% then take 1 hour and 10 minutes for a total recharging time of 3 hours and 10 minutes. Beyond 90%, the curve has a kink. So it is not gradually charging slower as it approaches 100%, but also slows down considerably for the last 10%.

cheers

Attachments

• Graph1.jpg
    Graph1.jpg
    24.6 KB · Views: 351
I am also quite pleased with the battery life. Last week I got more than 50% battery left after listening to music for 9 hours over a BT headset. My previous Nexus S was dead by that time.

Today, I ran the battery down and then recorded data points while the recharging phone was turned off. A 1200mA charger from my old N86 was used. The result is appended below. As can be seen, the charging is not a smooth function of time. It charges up to 50% within only one hour, the next 40% take another hour. The final 10% then take 1 hour and 10 minutes for a total recharging time of 3 hours and 10 minutes. Beyond 90%, the curve has a kink. So it is not gradually charging slower as it approaches 100%, but also slows down considerably for the last 10%.

cheers

good to know
and how did you make this graph?

XDATestMaster2001

Jan 26, 2011
More than three days :)
Light use, 3G disabled and disable sync services during night (SmartAction)
Love this device

Attachments

• Screenshot_2013-01-28-07-47-34.jpg
    Screenshot_2013-01-28-07-47-34.jpg
    28.5 KB · Views: 413

milesg

Dec 2, 2010
Carnoustie, Scotland
They said it couldn't be done.

Nexus 4 owners look away now...

Over four days with light usage, although I do put it into "sleep" mode between midnight and 7am! :good:

SharpnShiny

May 14, 2012
14-28% battery used by the screen over 3-4 days...do you guys EVER switch on your phone?! :D Wow. Is that really just the benefit of AMOLED?

GSM Arena says you can get just over 7 hours of internet browsing or almost 8 hours of video usage with this phone. Does that seem about right?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    1. Turn off data when you are not using it.

Definitely. I use CleverConnectivity for that.

I also strongly recommend automatically hibernating apps when the screen off, to prevent unnecessary wakelocks. Best app for that is Greenify

2. The screen brightness needs to be managed. Automatic brightness is usually enough for most people.

I have spend quite a lot of time to come up with some automatic brightness curves provide good battery savings with sufficient brightness in all conditions. They are included in my AIO mod. This also sets the cpu governor to interactiveX and io scheduler to sio, which is what I used for the test.

cheers
    Wow, really impressive!
    But what did you do in those 8 hours, when RAZR reached 2GHz only for 13 minutes? :D
    I have tried the One ROM or smth like that, and it did the trick for almost a day, I mean, I was able to get 5hs 15min screen on time. However, the next day, everything went back to "normal".

I HAVE CRACKED IT THOUGH!!!!!!!!!! Solution displayed here (at least for me):
    - Disable Google Now
    - Disable Location Permissions (enable them when you need them, I reaaaally dont like this, but there is no other way)
    - Do not Greenify Facebook or Messenger or Outlook, but rather uninstall them completely, wipe all of their waste of space...
    - Turn off automatic brightness (yep, my phone has some kind of problem with it, where it is completely and continuously changing it)

All the tricks considered, not using Gravity Box gives me even more battery and I DON´T KNOW WHY, I JUST DON´T KNOW, AND I DON´T WANNA KNOW, LOL.

Thank you all guys, I am now getting 4hs screen on time or on Wi-Fi even 6hs sometimes!

Seems like you figured it out yourself ;P that's great though!

Sent from my XT890 using XDA Free mobile app

You have a lot of wakelocks (when your device can't go to deep sleep). Check the bars "Awake" and "Screen On". Your phone was awake even when the screen was off.
    This app can help you track what app are causing those wakelocks
    https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.asksven.betterbatterystats