iMate JasJam ExtRom 1.31.305.107 (Telstra)

Search This thread

darthgus

Dec 6, 2004
Perth
Thanks for that..!

Went into the streaming media options, and set the connection to the one that is used for general browsing (changed from 'The Internet' to 'Telstra Internet') and now my streaming is working in WM6! :)

tzb

Feb 1, 2007
Canberra
G'day fellas. Could someone please me a quick rundown on how to upgrade my radio rom?
Presently 1.20.31.10 running on WM6 (the green one :) )
I've downloaded the new rom from http://www.box.net/shared/xu8t6650u8 but can't tell which .cab file is the radio update. And do you just copy this .cab file to the Jasjam and run it?

Sorry for the nub questions, but haven't been able to find the answer via reading up here.

Scratch that, done more reading and think I found the answer.

Last edited:

thedeva

Sep 17, 2005
Melbourne
Thanks for that..!

Went into the streaming media options, and set the connection to the one that is used for general browsing (changed from 'The Internet' to 'Telstra Internet') and now my streaming is working in WM6! :)

Good tip.
But when I click on Foxtel in My Places. it still freezes as I'm sure its looking for Telstra Video player app.In the Streaming media app, what is the rtsp:// address for Foxtel?
Cheers,
Dev

darthgus

Dec 6, 2004
Perth
Good tip.
But when I click on Foxtel in My Places. it still freezes as I'm sure its looking for Telstra Video player app.In the Streaming media app, what is the rtsp:// address for Foxtel?
Cheers,
Dev

Mine loads up in IE (http://mobiletv.telstra.com/home.htm?entry=tsm), then the option for 'Free Preview' or 'Watch Now'. Thats from the link in my places.

I have only tried the free preview, but subscribed to the AFL website and can watch all the streaming ones there.

rtsp for the preview is this one mine: rtsp://144.140.53.74:554/content/Streaming/3gp/lmtvenc8_psv70.sdp

Last edited:

thedeva

Sep 17, 2005
Melbourne
Thanks mate, but something weird is going on. Tried rtsp link and it says file not found. Then tried the http address and comes up with an error saying the connection is lost.
I have proxy turned on so I'm stumped ...again.
Dev

Mine loads up in IE (http://mobiletv.telstra.com/home.htm?entry=tsm), then the option for 'Free Preview' or 'Watch Now'. Thats from the link in my places.

I have only tried the free preview, but subscribed to the AFL website and can watch all the streaming ones there.

rtsp for the preview is this one mine: rtsp://144.140.53.74:554/content/Streaming/3gp/lmtvenc8_psv70.sdp

darthgus

Dec 6, 2004
Perth
Thanks mate, but something weird is going on. Tried rtsp link and it says file not found. Then tried the http address and comes up with an error saying the connection is lost.
I have proxy turned on so I'm stumped ...again.
Dev

Using IE and not another browser maybe causing the issues?

Mine is pretty much a stock black 2.5 install (was 2.0 when i was writing this prior) - both work.

No other SW apart from the new mem settings for Black 2.5.

thedeva

Sep 17, 2005
Melbourne
Yeah, just upgraded to Black 2.5 and now it works a treat.
What are the new mem settings you mentioned?

Dev

Using IE and not another browser maybe causing the issues?

Mine is pretty much a stock black 2.5 install (was 2.0 when i was writing this prior) - both work.

No other SW apart from the new mem settings for Black 2.5.

bradwhiteau

Jul 18, 2007
Perth
Need assistance along the lines of what has been mentioned...

Hey there. I received my iMate JASJAM a few days ago, immediately downloaded the WM6 upgrade and everything was sweet. But I want to get into the stuff Telstra provides (Foxtel, AFL etc) so I rang them up and asked.

They advised that since WM6 is not supported they cannot guarantee anything but told me to Google "Telstra V5.2 cab" and I stumbled on this thread!

I have downloaded the file, installed the 2 cabs (Telstra 5.2 and My Places). When I click on the Foxtel in My Places, I get the same issue as 'thedeva' had...it thinks about it for a while (Locating...) and then gives the message:

"The page cannot be displayed or downloaded because the connection was lost. Check the connection and try again later."

It connects using telstra.internet. I have reviewed various settings and everything seems to be in line with the settings mentioned throughout this thread. So any help anyone can provide would be greatly appreciated :D

Thanks,
Brad

blahjedi

Jul 30, 2007
Brisvegas!
That's more or less what I've done with my JasJam when I put the HTC WM6 rom on - Changed the streaming settings to telstra.internet, closed the streaming video player, clicked on the 'free preview' link again & it started working.
Also make sure that you've got the proxy manager installed & set to enable (start -> Programs -> Proxy Manager). Open it up, select enable & hit ok..

good luck :)

smurfinu

Sep 6, 2007
noob

Hey Guys,

Some nood q'ns. I've got 3 x JasJam iMates in front of me (boys at work all decided to copy me)... On mine I have the S64 3.62 WWE Rom. I love the look of it.

Q'n 1) What should I install to get Foxtel and the Telstra Links - don't want any of the other stuff if can be avoided... so bare essentials to enjoy Telstra features. ie Foxtel. I've downloaded the file reffered to in this thread - but there are many cabs - and when all installed stuffs things up.

Q'n 2) The boys have given me their phones to upgrade... to be simple I would like to put the HTC WM6 Official Release on... where can I download this from?? someone please hit me with a working link

... and does this have the Black theme included? My flatmate has come home 2 days ago with a TyTn II - By default its the HTC Black theme, with HTC Home and the nice black dialer - this is what I'm trying to acheive basically on all 3 JasJams (with telstra settings).

Thanks in advance :)

simon_darley

Jan 1, 2005
QLD Australia
Hey Guys,

Some nood q'ns. I've got 3 x JasJam iMates in front of me (boys at work all decided to copy me)... On mine I have the S64 3.62 WWE Rom. I love the look of it.

Q'n 1) What should I install to get Foxtel and the Telstra Links - don't want any of the other stuff if can be avoided... so bare essentials to enjoy Telstra features. ie Foxtel. I've downloaded the file reffered to in this thread - but there are many cabs - and when all installed stuffs things up.

Q'n 2) The boys have given me their phones to upgrade... to be simple I would like to put the HTC WM6 Official Release on... where can I download this from?? someone please hit me with a working link

... and does this have the Black theme included? My flatmate has come home 2 days ago with a TyTn II - By default its the HTC Black theme, with HTC Home and the nice black dialer - this is what I'm trying to acheive basically on all 3 JasJams (with telstra settings).

Thanks in advance :)

hmmmmm havent done much research 2 help urself it wud appear.

the answers r here and in wiki if u want 2 look. i cant answer all, but heres wot i can try 2 help with.

telstra settings....

telstra5_2 cab file

my places cab file thats all.

if u want foxtel (waste of money n battery) u need to ensure u have ur wap proxy and internet chices correct. also ensure the streaming media settings r using the correct internet connection being governed by the proxy (probably the wap settings rather than the telstra internet choice.

htc released, there is a forum that will give u all the links to all the files just check the stickies. i installed 1 and it crashed the device, so choose the other one.

if u r in brisbane, i can burn all to cd n u can pick it up so u have everything with u.

follow the upgrade rules, i dont fix bricks.

htc is a downloadable file to install if u want it, with diff colours n xml files for weather settings. suggest u skip this, but if u want it, the cabs abound all over.

do one with all settings tweaks hack n settings perfectly, buy SPB backup back it up and restore to other devices save lotsa efforts.

just make sure u r using the right rom and radio on each first. if in oz use 1.43 radio works great.

goodluck.

smurfinu

Sep 6, 2007
Thank You... :) I've sorted them all now, after some heavy reading.

I appreciate all the info on this site - but it’s like looking through the Britannica without an index at times. For someone who knows sh!t to start with, it can all be a little overwhelming. Finally managed to process enough to achieve the upgrades. Your posts were very informative Simon, thanks for contributing! :)

dannyalhadiJASJAR

Aug 25, 2010
JASJAR

Guys,

I wish anyone can help me with my JASJAR. Is there any setting or ROM to add 850 or 900 band to my JASJAR??? I'm getting low signal with AT&T and I was told that their signal is 850MHZ.

Please help..

Thanks