[Q] Extended battery for HTC HD7

Search This thread

geekdude

Mar 5, 2011
Hey All!

Just stumbled upon a new product from Mugen Power for HTC HD7 for 3900mah.

It looks bulky but as I'm travelling a lot I would really get a good use of it. I saw many positive reviews about them, droiddog.com in example...Thinking of buying it.
Any thoughts? Anyone with previous Mugen experience?

Bests,
Dave

evolutionqy7

May 10, 2010
Dublin
Samsung Galaxy Note 10
I have one. The battery definetly adds alot of weight too it. Also since the phone wasnt made for a bigger battery windows phone displays the battery level incorrectly and you need to restart it everytime you want to see correct battery level. Also takes forever to charge it.

Also the 3900mah is false advertising.
Their 2x the size the original 2x1280= 2560mah.

Your better getting a spare

geekdude

Mar 5, 2011
wow. I heard good stuff about Mugen on other forums and sites. Even phandroid gave them a good review.
Thanks anyway! Will check more on them.

geekdude

Mar 5, 2011
Just got a reply from Mugen Power. Checked their official site and they seem legit.

2evolutionqy7
I don't buy these things from eBay. Trying to use official reseller sites. Read about Mugen - they have one that is pretty good. I have one battery from them for another phone but it's not that big as this one. Will buy this one I guess. I don't care about cosmetics - I need it for other things.

evolutionqy7

May 10, 2010
Dublin
Samsung Galaxy Note 10
Just got a reply from Mugen Power. Checked their official site and they seem legit.

2evolutionqy7
I don't buy these things from eBay. Trying to use official reseller sites. Read about Mugen - they have one that is pretty good. I have one battery from them for another phone but it's not that big as this one. Will buy this one I guess. I don't care about cosmetics - I need it for other things.

Its up to you :) Either way the battery is still gonna be displayed incorrectly ;)

Still wouldnt spend 50+ quid on a battery.

The mugen ones are only better by a margin. Nothing really worth paying for in my opinion

isoman4

Aug 21, 2008
Yoobao from Amazon

I bought a Yoobao 2200mAh battery from Amazon about a month ago (http://www.amazon.com/2200-Extended-Battery-Replacement-Cover/dp/B004JOLJDK/ref=sr_1_6?ie=UTF8&qid=1300571465&sr=8-6). Battery life is DEFINATELY improved. I've done no truly scientific measurement of how much better the battery is, but I will say I can now use the phone how I see fit (with the exception of my email, which is not set to download automatically for various reasons) without worrying much about charging the battery every time I blink. It does indeed add extra weight, but nothing terrible.

Bottom line...even though the battery meter is no longer accurate, it doesn't matter. I don't have to charge the phone after playing a game and listening to music and surfing a bit. That in itself is worth the $24.99 that the battery cost.

The way the extended back cover feels is pretty nice. It gives it a kind of grip feel...but that grip stuff is also starting to peel from the corners, so the build quality of the new battery back isn't all that great.

JWhipple

Jul 16, 2008
Melbourne, FL
I bought a Yoobao 2200mAh battery from Amazon about a month ago (http://www.amazon.com/2200-Extended-Battery-Replacement-Cover/dp/B004JOLJDK/ref=sr_1_6?ie=UTF8&qid=1300571465&sr=8-6). Battery life is DEFINATELY improved. I've done no truly scientific measurement of how much better the battery is, but I will say I can now use the phone how I see fit (with the exception of my email, which is not set to download automatically for various reasons) without worrying much about charging the battery every time I blink. It does indeed add extra weight, but nothing terrible.

Bottom line...even though the battery meter is no longer accurate, it doesn't matter. I don't have to charge the phone after playing a game and listening to music and surfing a bit. That in itself is worth the $24.99 that the battery cost.

The way the extended back cover feels is pretty nice. It gives it a kind of grip feel...but that grip stuff is also starting to peel from the corners, so the build quality of the new battery back isn't all that great.

I'm glad to read this. I ordered one myself and it arrived today.

shilpaam

Sep 28, 2010
HTC hd7 battery

After using this new battery how many hours battery is lasting ?
my htc hd7 battery 1230mah needs to charge for every 5-6 hours...i use messenger n surf a bit...

PLz can any one tell me if this is good for htc hd7 with out any effects to mobile... so that ill buy it

thank u!

isoman4

Aug 21, 2008
Hehe mine too just arrived today, I wonder if it can survive at least two days without charging =]

If you can get 2 days, you are the man!

After using this new battery how many hours battery is lasting ?
my htc hd7 battery 1230mah needs to charge for every 5-6 hours...i use messenger n surf a bit...

PLz can any one tell me if this is good for htc hd7 with out any effects to mobile... so that ill buy it

thank u!

Nothing negative yet. Only had it going for a month so far, though.

tuanlinh

Dec 25, 2006
Hehe mine too just arrived today, I wonder if it can survive at least two days without charging =]

Can u give us your comment about the Yoobao battery 2200mhz for HD7 ? I am thinking about buying an extended batter because the original battery of HD7 is too bad.

I fully charged HD7 at 0h then unplugged and sleep, at 7:00 AM I woke up and the battery lost about 30% engergy, then at about 10:00 AM with few calls, it lost all its energy.

I don't know if anybody has the same battery like me ?

Linkinworm

Apr 1, 2011
wow that thing is beastmode. i wish HTC would make official batteries that had more juice i can get 2 days on my hd7 with little use bit of texting some internet over wifi but no gaming or any intensive app use. but when i only get about 3-4 hours a day with an hour gaming or so its kinda crap that i have to take my charger everywhere with me

nalgrim

Mar 28, 2011
Timmins
Don't buy cheap extended off eBay mine didn't lat any longer than stock. I do like the back cover it does add grip to phone. my developer unlocked phone showsdame may as stock on the cheaper extended battery (3500mah) off ebay . Hong Kong. I do realize u get what u pay for. I still get a spare battery even tho it doesn't last any longer.

So listen to the other post buy name brand for the extended. IMO.

Sent from my T9295 using XDA Windows Phone 7 App

Magpir

Jul 4, 2011
check this out

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1392083

---------- Post added at 06:04 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:02 AM ----------

2011-12-31:
-Battery took 4 hours to charge up to 4.218 volts
-Estimated full from empty AC charge is 4.5 hours
-No heat generation to speak of during charging or use so far.

2012-01-02:
-Battery has been charged and fully discharged 3 times now. Reset all stats and running an Antutu Battery Test on it that I will also run on the stock and CS 2200 mAh to have some comparisons that mean something.

Testing setup is as follows:

-Same phone with CM7.2 overclocked to 806 mhz to speed up the testing process for all three batteries
-Batteries all conditioned and then charged for 8 hours prior to testing
-No changing of configured apps, services, etc on phone during testing
-batterystats.bin and Battery Monitor Pro history is wiped between batteries
-Wifi and data turned off so the phone does essentially nothing
-Antutu stops phone from locking, dimming, downclocking etc. so it's basically running all out for the entire duration
-No one seems to know what the scores are or how they relate to anyone else but I figure they will relate to each other.
-Once test is complete run Antutu again to run the battery down to 1% for shutdown and get final burn time results from Battery Monitor Pro

TEST 1: ECell Gold 2430 mAh replacement battery
Test start time: 03:03 AM
Test start %: 100%
Test end time: 06:40 AM
Test end %: 19%
Antutu Test duration: 03:37
Rundown end time: 07:22 AM
Rundown end %: 1%
Total test duration: 4:19
Test score: 652
attachment.php
attachment.php

TEST 2: HTC 1230 mAh stock battery
Test start time: 12:58 PM
Test end time: 03:48 PM
Antutu Test duration: 03:00
Rundown end time: 4:32 PM
Total test duration: 03:44
Test score: 508
attachment.php
attachment.php

TEST 3: Cameron Sino 2200 mAh replacement battery
Test start time: 05:10 PM
Test end time: 11:31 PM
Antutu Test duration: 06:21
Rundown end time: 12:45 AM
Total test duration: 07:35
Test score: 1145
attachment.php
attachment.php

Final Results For ECell Gold, HTC Stock, and Cameron Sino:
-3 Hours and 44 Minutes For HTC Stock Battery
-4 Hours and 19 Minutes For ECell Gold Battery
-7 Hours and 35 Minutes For Cameron Sino Battery
-The ECell Gold, at 13.34% more capacity than the HTC Stock battery, comes in at far less than it's advertised 2430 mAh.
-The Cameron Sino, at 50.52% more capacity than the HTC Stock battery, comes in at more than it's advertised capacity of 2200 mAh

The Conclusion:
You can't make a silk purse out of a sow's ear and you can't cheat physics.

Applying the same battery technology you can really only expect marginal performance gains in the same form factor as is shown with the underachievement of the ECell Gold compared to it's advertised capacity.

There were no surprises here.

Double the form factor brought double the capacity. If you're cool with a "Fat Phone", the Cameron Sino Technology 2200 mAh battery lives up to it's expectations and puts some reality back into things. You get a very high capacity battery at a very reasonable $22.00 US

In it's own right the ECell Gold 2430 mAh is a great idea for a cheap and higher capacity replacement battery and that's really the positive in that storyline.

The price is right for a slim replacement battery but they need to stop the gimmickry and advertise it for what it is.

False hope is NOT better than no hope.

results....

saeedk64m

Jul 3, 2012
I can't test my battery with this method , but I turn on wifi for 2 hours and listen to music for 1 hour
I had call for 35 min in 2g
for them , I charge my battery once in 2 days

Magpir

Jul 4, 2011
I can't test my battery with this method , but I turn on wifi for 2 hours and listen to music for 1 hour
I had call for 35 min in 2g
for them , I charge my battery once in 2 days

u have to use the batteyr in real life ..

the best is 3G web surfing continously until the battery drains...