case only around the edge

Search This thread

mr72

Aug 2, 2010
Austin, TX
Anyone seen a "case" for an Aria that only goes around the edge of the phone?

Basically I think the main thing that requires protection on an Aria is the edge of the glass. Completely covering the back of the phone is pointless and adds bulk to the phone without any benefit. I have seen cases for iPhone 4g that only go around the edge and protect the edge of the glass without adding significant thickness to the phone. I wonder if such a thing exists for the Aria.

Excellent Case for the Aria

Anyone seen a "case" for an Aria that only goes around the edge of the phone?

Basically I think the main thing that requires protection on an Aria is the edge of the glass. Completely covering the back of the phone is pointless and adds bulk to the phone without any benefit. I have seen cases for iPhone 4g that only go around the edge and protect the edge of the glass without adding significant thickness to the phone. I wonder if such a thing exists for the Aria.

I'm not a fan of rubberized silicon-type cases - I prefer leather (for complete cases) or TPU (thermoplastic polyurethane) for skin cases.

I saw this TPU case at an at&t store for $25. I tried it on the Aria and it fits great - fits around the edge, covers glass edges, and is made for the Aria by HTC. It adds a bit of bulk - but this makes the phone feel a bit more solid.

I found it for less than $10 at Amazon:
http://www.amazon.com/HTC-Skin-Case...Q1AO/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1295549639&sr=8-1

Last edited:

theROMinator

Nov 23, 2010
I'm not a fan of rubberized silicon-type cases - I prefer leather (for complete cases) or TPU (thermoplastic polyurethane) for skin cases.

I saw this TPU case at an at&t store for $25. I tried it on the Aria and it fits great - fits around the edge, covers glass edges, and is made for the Aria by HTC. It adds a bit of bulk - but this makes the phone feel a bit more solid.

I found it for less than $10 at Amazon:
http://www.amazon.com/HTC-Skin-Case...Q1AO/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1295549639&sr=8-1

Same exact one I have from amazon.. Only bad thing is I replaced my screen and I need a case to cover the top edges :/

Sent from my CM7 Liberty using XDA App

mr72

Aug 2, 2010
Austin, TX
Yeah I have had a couple of those TPU cases, and they make the phone considerably more bulky. No point really, since the back of the phone is not exactly vulnerable. I am really looking for a case that JUST covers the edges and does not add thickness to the back of the phone unnecessarily.

Yeah I have had a couple of those TPU cases, and they make the phone considerably more bulky. No point really, since the back of the phone is not exactly vulnerable. I am really looking for a case that JUST covers the edges and does not add thickness to the back of the phone unnecessarily.

Yes - it makes the Aria a bit more bulky. I like the "naked" phone as well, but this case seems to offer a bit of protection to the edges of the glass screen.

You might try the cheap TPU case from Amazon and cut out the back.
If it doesn't work, you're only out $8 or $9.

It sounds like you want a case that doesn't really exist...at least not that I ever saw.

fnds

Jan 29, 2011
Yes - it makes the Aria a bit more bulky. I like the "naked" phone as well, but this case seems to offer a bit of protection to the edges of the glass screen.

You might try the cheap TPU case from Amazon and cut out the back.
If it doesn't work, you're only out $8 or $9.

It sounds like you want a case that doesn't really exist...at least not that I ever saw.

I got the Amazon TPU case mentioned above and like it very much. The Aria is almost too thin, in my opinion, and the case adds just enough bulk to make the phone feel more solid in my hands. You can always cut out the back as suggested.

--fnds