By vypurr, Senior Member on 25th May 2011, 12:26 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
25th May 2011, 04:59 AM |#11  
Flag Colorado
Thanks Meter: 1,324

Donate to Me
More
Dang :P well we know it's not a hardware failure

I would just try to.boot it.up after flashing a ruu and don't touch it for awhile and see if its just taking forever to boot
Sent from my ADR6400L using XDA Premium App

25th May 2011, 04:59 AM |#12  
OP Senior Member
Flag Philadelphia, Pa
Thanks Meter: 14

More
Well multiupload is back up! I will try some other RUUs
25th May 2011, 04:59 AM |#13  
OP Senior Member
Flag Philadelphia, Pa

More
Any tips to charge the battery again though? I am fearful that I may have depleted it too far at this point, and plugging it in sends it into a boot loop!
25th May 2011, 05:36 AM |#14  
Flag Colorado
Thanks Meter: 1,324

Donate to Me
More
The best thing is to do a battery pull and plug it in right after you put the battery in
It shouldn't boot up... But who knows I could be wrong

>--The Game--<
25th May 2011, 06:33 AM |#15  
OP Senior Member
Flag Philadelphia, Pa

More
I have loaded multiple RUUs in an attempt to fix this...no luck

I followed the Jcase to return to stock for rooted users - I am now stuck with S-ON, but it does not boot still. Just the same old White HTC Screen.
25th May 2011, 03:10 PM |#16  
Thanks Meter: 61

More
It could be that it wasn't a CWR problem to begin with since you have loaded the stock RUU, replacing CWR with the stock recovery, and it still won't boot.

Try taking the battery out and pressing the power button for about 10 seconds. Then put the battery back in. Do not press the power button. Now plug in the wall (AC) charger. Let the battery fully charge, no bump charging required. then unplug the charger. Now press Vol - and the Power button. The phone should boot into the bootloader (If it doesn't, then its bricked). Select RECOVERY. Now let the stock recovery program run and reboot.

I hope that fixes it, but if it doesn't...

Well, it comes down to a question that you need to ask your self...

Do you continue down the path of trying to fix this device?

Or

Do you take it in to a vzw store (or call warranty dept.) since its still under warranty and get a replacement?

If you want to press on with trying to fix it (keep in mind that all your data is already gone) in the hope that this process will help someone later who might run into the same problem and is out of warranty, I can try to help. But outside of flashing the unroot stock RUU, there isn't a bunch more that I can think of.

Let us know what you want to do.
25th May 2011, 03:28 PM |#17  
OP Senior Member
Flag Philadelphia, Pa

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by barcodelinux

It could be that it wasn't a CWR problem to begin with since you have loaded the stock RUU, replacing CWR with the stock recovery, and it still won't boot.

I agree. I kind of think that Rom Manager corrupted the file that it tried to install.

Quote:

Try taking the battery out and pressing the power button for about 10 seconds. Then put the battery back in. Do not press the power button. Now plug in the wall (AC) charger. Let the battery fully charge, no bump charging required. then unplug the charger. Now press Vol - and the Power button. The phone should boot into the bootloader (If it doesn't, then its bricked). Select RECOVERY. Now let the stock recovery program run and reboot.

I will try this tonight. I think that my battery is dead at this point. I can get it to reset to HBOOT (S-ON). I can click recovery. The stock recovery opens, and then within 5 seconds the phone resets. From this point (until I pull the battery), it will boot loop to factory recovery. Is this due to a dead battery? Every time I plug in my phone to my wall AC Adapter, the phone actually turns on and boot loops. Because of this I have not been able recharge it.

Quote:

I hope that fixes it, but if it doesn't...

Well, it comes down to a question that you need to ask your self...

Do you continue down the path of trying to fix this device?

Or

Do you take it in to a vzw store (or call warranty dept.) since its still under warranty and get a replacement?

If you want to press on with trying to fix it (keep in mind that all your data is already gone) in the hope that this process will help someone later who might run into the same problem and is out of warranty, I can try to help. But outside of flashing the unroot stock RUU, there isn't a bunch more that I can think of.

Let us know what you want to do.

I have a replacement in the mail at this point, but I am willing to experiment in the meantime so that anyone in the future can avoid my problems!
25th May 2011, 04:52 PM |#18  
Thanks Meter: 61

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by vypurr

I agree. I kind of think that Rom Manager corrupted the file that it tried to install.

You are not the first one to say that. While using a GUI front end to CWR is handy, it doesn't have a great track record.
I have gotten away from using Rom Manager for anything except flashing CWR.
But then again, I make it a habit to wipe /system, /data, and /cache before flashing a new ROM. You can't do that from Rom Manager.

Anyways, back to the topic...

The battery being in a low charge state wouldn't make the phone reboot (I wouldn't think). In the past when my battery has died, the phone never rebooted...it just turned off. However, I have never had the phone boot when I plugged up my wall charger either. (My old OG Droid used to do that and it pissed me off)
Has anyone else had this happen? If not, that might suggest a hardware malfunction of some sort too.

Was this phone dropped or does it have any kind of water damage?

At this point, I think it is a hardware failure of some sort. And chasing a hardware failure with a software fix is kind of a fruitless endeavor.
25th May 2011, 04:57 PM |#19  
OP Senior Member
Flag Philadelphia, Pa

More
I know the phone has been babied its entire life (except for many many roms).

I remember that the phone used to turn on when CWR was first put onto the TB, but it should not do that stock, and it was cleared up with recent CWR updates.

I am just going to cut my losses and get the replacement that Verizon has offered me. Maybe I can have a couple more break and just get the Galaxy S2 when it lands!
25th May 2011, 09:49 PM |#20  
OP Senior Member
Flag Philadelphia, Pa

More
Well I am not alone!!!

http://www.droid-life.com/2011/05/25...back-to-froyo/
25th May 2011, 10:10 PM |#21  
Thanks Meter: 8

More
These are the anti-root/rom measures they implemented. Stinks.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)