[Q] Phone shuts down immediatly after screen lights up

Search This thread

Superman22x

Jul 19, 2008
I'm not sure what has happened here. I pulled the phone out of my pocket, and it was frozen. So I held the power button for 10s and it turned off. Since then, it won't turn back on. Usually it lights up for about a second on the "Quietly Brilliant" screen then shuts back off. It has gotten stuck on that screen, with the phone vibrating a few times. And if I hold the volume down and power button, it will show the boot loader screen for a second before shutting down again. I have no idea what happened here... It's really annoying. I've had so many issues with my EVO LTE in the past few months, it's ridiculous. I own two, and the other one is currently on it's way back from HTC after it's second warranty repair in as many months. This one is rooted running MeanBean. S-On if I remember right.

Magnum_Enforcer

Retired Forum Moderator
Jul 14, 2012
Birmingham, AL
I would put a good charge on it overnight and try and power it on in the morning and see what happens. If you can keep it powered up, I'd run a RUU and go from there. If you continue to have issues, I'd look into getting the phone repaired or replaced.

Sent from my HTC EVO 4G LTE

Superman22x

Jul 19, 2008
I'm fairly certain the charge is good. It had only been off the charger a few hours, and it sat on my desk unused most of the day.

Superman22x

Jul 19, 2008
I'm not actually sure. I bought it on ebay a month ago when I had to send my other EVO LTE in for repairs.

Superman22x

Jul 19, 2008
Any other thoughts? Or if it's a hardware issue, any idea of what part to replace? I'm going to try charging it for a few hours and see if it changes, but I don't think that's it.

GoblinZ

Sep 15, 2010
My wife had this trouble with another device, bottom line was it was due to a short/reset loop because of a Hardware issue.