[Theme] [QVGA Landscape] [Standard 6.1|6.5] Smartphone Revitalize Sliding Panel Theme

Search This thread

gtg465x

Inactive Recognized Developer
Jun 16, 2008
Hi guys,

So I'm one of those guys still living in the dark age of Windows Mobile Standard. I don't see many good themes posted for good ole non-touchscreen phones, so I thought I'de give it a shot.

Critiques are encouraged!

More information to come...

Requirements

• Windows Mobile Standard 6.1 or 6.5
  • QVGA Landscape device

Installation

• After unzipping, look at the folder names for instructions

Attachments

• Screenshots.jpg
    Screenshots.jpg
    38.7 KB · Views: 2,488
  • More_Screenshots.jpg
    More_Screenshots.jpg
    73.2 KB · Views: 2,442
Last edited:

znial

Aug 27, 2007
Bologna
i have broke my last smartphone a while ago (and now all my smartphones are died)
but imo your theme is perfect and nice... very cool text on screen (great chars, slim font)
i love the themes without useless icons ^^
maybe you could add a titanium slider (or only an underlined graphic to the active panel)
the page counter is a little "oldish" maybe you could redesign it and move to another position
and for least a thing (i think is impossible): make the long titles of panels sticking/sliding to read the whole text in it (e.g. in the calendar panel you could read only the first part of the appointment infos, if u get it orrizontal sliding you could read it all like the music info panels) but for me this is impossible

so now i haven't a device to test it, but i like, nice job! thanks to sharing

ot
are you still living in the dark age of Windows Mobile Standard? i wish that times return for me :D
i miss my old winmo NONtouch... actually i hate to have to tap with my finger on these little display (e.g. i was texting on my htc wings 50sms/hour :D , now my frineds joke me cuz it seem that i cannot write in a correct italian language...)
non touchscreen are the best phones imo but actually they are lost in the old technologies limbo... and i doubt thay could come out again...
:(

gtg465x

Jun 16, 2008
i have broke my last smartphone a while ago (and now all my smartphones are died)
but imo your theme is perfect and nice... very cool text on screen (great chars, slim font)
i love the themes without useless icons ^^
maybe you could add a titanium slider (or only an underlined graphic to the active panel)
the page counter is a little "oldish" maybe you could redesign it and move to another position
and for least a thing (i think is impossible): make the long titles of panels sticking/sliding to read the whole text in it (e.g. in the calendar panel you could read only the first part of the appointment infos, if u get it orrizontal sliding you could read it all like the music info panels) but for me this is impossible

so now i haven't a device to test it, but i like, nice job! thanks to sharing

ot
are you still living in the dark age of Windows Mobile Standard? i wish that times return for me :D
i miss my old winmo NONtouch... actually i hate to have to tap with my finger on these little display (e.g. i was texting on my htc wings 50sms/hour :D , now my frineds joke me cuz it seem that i cannot write in a correct italian language...)
non touchscreen are the best phones imo but actually they are lost in the old technologies limbo... and i doubt thay could come out again...
:(

Thanks for the compliments!

I'm working on adding a titanium slider right now to see how it looks, but I designed it to not require a slider. Text on the currently selected panel is white and text on unselected panels is transparent.

I'm still trying to figure out what (if anything) I'm going to do with the page counter.

As for the long titles extending off the page... well that was sort of the goal. It was inspired by the Zune HD and Windows Phone 7 interface. 99% of the time it shows enough text for you to understand, and in the rare case you do need to see more you can always click it. I think horizontal scrolling/sliding for long text would be really cool, but I have no idea (yet) how to make that happen. If anyone know a way to do this, let me know.

znial

Aug 27, 2007
Bologna
i see...
the orizzontal sliding for the title is a "higher sky" and personally the cropped title text is cool
and i love the zunehd inspi.
apps and web apps panels are fantastic
(a suggestion, for the counterpage maybe you could remove the numbers and left only the arrows, white for the next page, transparent if no page avalaible)
all my compliments

gtg465x

Jun 16, 2008
I created a version with a slider. If any smartphone users make it in here and would like me to post it just let me know.

jaywong

Jun 19, 2009
Hi gtg456x. I got a new touch phone recently because my contract for the BJ2 was up. I've always loved the performance of Sliding panel plugin, and I can't wait to try this theme. It looks uncluttered, so I think I can finally put some wallpapers that didn't used to work on the standard icon-filled theme. Thanks for sharing and for reviving my interest in the BJ2 phone :)

MrHands

Jun 29, 2010
this is an awesome theme....it's too bad that I don't know how to apply anything that isn't a .cab file!

jovanboone

Jul 1, 2010
I know your probably thinking I'm stupid, but I have no idea of how to install this theme onto my blackjack 2. It looks so great, and I would really like to use it on a daily basis. Please Help!!!

stan2

Nov 5, 2006
With a black background and this theme is terrific. Almost Zune-esque. Thanks! Here's a screen

5ph2xg.jpg

advanced15

Mar 25, 2010
how to install a certain part?

can u please point me the way how to install the files that are in...

Optional images for link panels (you will have to create your own to match your links)

i have managed to install all the rest but need some help.

gtg465x

Jun 16, 2008
With a black background and this theme is terrific. Almost Zune-esque. Thanks! Here's a screen

Looks like you forgot to install the font though. ;)

Wasn't expecting this thread to get revived. Shouldn't be too hard to make it into a cab file for those who are having trouble. :)

julian2596

Jan 12, 2010
www.paypal.com
blee

i know you should had posted this in the windowsmobile standard section you would had got so many people here instead of windowsmobile touch screen section .Its mostly a touch screen section then for both touch and type of phones.

Dj.Restyle

Aug 20, 2010
Resolution change

hi gtg465x , i have a non touch mobile phone samsung Omnia Pro B7330 with a Qvga screen and a resolution of 320x320 running win mobile 6.5.

is it possible to change te resolution? because i saw that the theme was made for 320x240? is it a quick fix or not?

can you help me out?

thx in advance

boardrider

Feb 12, 2009
Jakarta
www.ginar-denny.co.tv
I've installed on my Samsung C6625 it works but there's some problem:

The words was cut in the right side, it's not centered
Also, can you tell me how to make a new link such as garmin and other apps?

Attachments

• Screen02.jpg
    Screen02.jpg
    37.7 KB · Views: 124
  • Screen04.jpg
    Screen04.jpg
    38.1 KB · Views: 82