Unable To Receive Text Messages

Search This thread

clipse_101

Nov 26, 2013
I've had my Xperia since around February, it's worked flawlessly no problems, but this past Saturday was the last time I was able to receive any text message. My friends still receive my messages, but I myself do not get any of their replies. I'm not sure what the problem may be, everything is stock on the phone, still running 4.3, any ideas?

quickpanic

Mar 26, 2014
Are you rooted? If so did you freeze or uninstall the messaging app?

Sent from my C6906 using XDA Free mobile app

kentexcitebot

Mar 30, 2014
Moorpark
I've had my Xperia since around February, it's worked flawlessly no problems, but this past Saturday was the last time I was able to receive any text message. My friends still receive my messages, but I myself do not get any of their replies. I'm not sure what the problem may be, everything is stock on the phone, still running 4.3, any ideas?
I had a similar problem to that on my Nexus 5. I solved this by going through Settings > Apps > (name of text app) > clear data. If it's a stock app, disable the app and let it revert to factory version. Then re-enable it. Since I was using Google Voice, I got my texts back. I'm not sure with yours...make a backup just in case.

clipse_101

Nov 26, 2013
I had a similar problem to that on my Nexus 5. I solved this by going through Settings > Apps > (name of text app) > clear data. If it's a stock app, disable the app and let it revert to factory version. Then re-enable it. Since I was using Google Voice, I got my texts back. I'm not sure with yours...make a backup just in case.

Yeah, it's the default SMS service, I'm not sure the root cause, thinking of taking it in so they can run a diagnostic.
Will try that and do a backup just to be safe, thanks for the advice!