Miui rom reviews

Search This thread
Feb 6, 2012
Hi guys!
I have changed rom from cm7 to miui today.

First thing i noticed is its not that much attractive or user friendly as cm7.

Im still wondering where is the app drawer???If anyone knows let me know!

Found a bug:
1-In brightness setting when i clicked custom brightness levels, phone went in loop mode.Had to reinstall the rom from cwm to get thing sorted.
2-I have kept time on "automatic" mode but rom doesnt take time from my sim operator.I have enabled all options but i think i will have to enter time manually.

The contacts menu is not as cutomizable as cm7.I dont get direct call button beside contacts names as i used to get in cm7.

It has good set of themes but theme download takes a lot of time.Server seems to be slow from where it downloads themes.

Will be posting more reviews as i use it.Dont think so i will tolerate this for more than a week!

TheManii

Wiki Admin / Inactive RC
Dec 8, 2010
The default MIUI launcher has no concept of an app drawer, it's like iOS in that they're all dumped on the home screen. You'll need a different launcher if you want an app drawer.

Some of the brightness issues might be caused by the fact that the original CM7/MIUI ports for the S5/V are hackports, those specific issues are expected.

prasad12ka4

Hi guys!
I have changed rom from cm7 to miui today.

First thing i noticed is its not that much attractive or user friendly as cm7.

Im still wondering where is the app drawer???If anyone knows let me know!

Found a bug:
1-In brightness setting when i clicked custom brightness levels, phone went in loop mode.Had to reinstall the rom from cwm to get thing sorted.
2-I have kept time on "automatic" mode but rom doesnt take time from my sim operator.I have enabled all options but i think i will have to enter time manually.

The contacts menu is not as cutomizable as cm7.I dont get direct call button beside contacts names as i used to get in cm7.

It has good set of themes but theme download takes a lot of time.Server seems to be slow from where it downloads themes.

Will be posting more reviews as i use it.Dont think so i will tolerate this for more than a week!
Seems this ROM is bit buggy?

hirentherock555

May 12, 2012
I installed miui rom at 8am morning and removed it at 11! thats all!
System time changed automatically. and when i called or received calls all the time it ran directly on speakerphone.(defauly option should be ear speaker).

I found it really a headache.
As we say in India, China is "CHINA"!!
Its a chinese rom and upgrade option given there to update the rom but it works in chinese language and asks for mobile verification code to register with miui.us!bUT I NEVER GOT THE CODE IN MY SMS INBOX!

Also miui rom has same ussb codes problems.google app is available though.Ididnt try ussd fix via cwm coz i really didnt like the rom.

Back to cm7...its the best and i thank the cm team for providing such a great rom.

TheManii

Wiki Admin / Inactive RC
Dec 8, 2010
USSD codes are broken on ALL S5/V GB roms if you dont apply the USSD fix, which apparently wasnt included in this rom.

It's due to all GB based roms reusing the dell stock drivers (which the USSD handling code lives in)

CM7 is also affected by it, I dont remember offhand if the V one has the fix included, but the original S5 one definitely didnt.

terminal17

Apr 29, 2012
Bangalore
i used MIUI rom and i could reduce brightness in settings and it didnt FC...the only problem i found in CM7 and MIUI is the clock...even after i set the time it goes faster than it should go...those r the only problems i faced...now cant do anything with phone as it doesnt boot after showing dell logo...the logo disappears and dont know what happens...need help pls

Agent5150

Mar 6, 2008
I have been using MIUI on my Venue for two weeks now. Had stock Froyo rom before.
I have not experienced any of the issues reported in this thread.. not even the time creep.

Here's how I updated to MIUI.

1. Install Olleh 408 recovery (available here)
2. Install Olleh 408 update package (available here)
Note: rename this file to update.pkg and copy to your SD card's root.
3. install CWM recovery
4. wipe cache, user data, dalvik cache & Battery stats
5. install miui zip
reboot.

By the way, folks here using CM7... can you mute your phone during a call? also, do you experience any calls made or received where the other party could not hear you?

prasad12ka4

I have been using MIUI on my Venue for two weeks now. Had stock Froyo rom before.
I have not experienced any of the issues reported in this thread.. not even the time creep.

Here's how I updated to MIUI.

1. Install Olleh 408 recovery (available here)
2. Install Olleh 408 update package (available here)
Note: rename this file to update.pkg and copy to your SD card's root.
3. install CWM recovery
4. wipe cache, user data, dalvik cache & Battery stats
5. install miui zip
reboot.

By the way, folks here using CM7... can you mute your phone during a call? also, do you experience any calls made or received where the other party could not hear you?
Yes we cant mute the calls,
Even if we mute the other party can hear us.

And the second issue is 1/10 where the other party cant hear you clearly or atall. But second time call solves the problem.

We need a workaround on the above two issues.

Agent5150

Mar 6, 2008

And the second issue is 1/10 where the other party cant hear you clearly or atall. But second time call solves the problem.

Mute issue is only with CM7...Mute works in miui. Other party can't hear you issue is on all miui and cm roms for streak 5 as well. Since They share kernel base...(kang/dsc/olleh)..I am pretty sure its kernel related.

Sent from my Dell Venue using Tapatalk 2

Reactions: prasad12ka4

terminal17

Apr 29, 2012
Bangalore
guys try the new roms posted in the CM7 and MIUI for dell venue thread...it is posted towards the end of the thread...better updates than what is originally posted...i tried both the roms it works fine for me...

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Mute issue is only with CM7...Mute works in miui. Other party can't hear you issue is on all miui and cm roms for streak 5 as well. Since They share kernel base...(kang/dsc/olleh)..I am pretty sure its kernel related.

Sent from my Dell Venue using Tapatalk 2