Replacement Home Button!

Search This thread

flaring afro

Jul 11, 2011
Just looking at the pictures, it doesn't seem to match and it never says it's an oem part. Also, you might void your warranty by doing this. Depends on how they can tell that you've opened the phone up, if they can.

accchoi

Feb 18, 2009
Just looking at the pictures, it doesn't seem to match and it never says it's an oem part. Also, you might void your warranty by doing this. Depends on how they can tell that you've opened the phone up, if they can.

Of course it will void warranty and there's always a covered up screw that samsung/vzw can see if the phone has been tempered with. And yes, I believe these are NOT OEM.

You can buy stickers to put over the ugly button we have now!

Tried stickers, didn't like them, I'm currently on Spigen aluminium button covers.

oo3

Mar 21, 2006
Nintendo Switch
Apple iPhone 12

There is a youtube video of someone taking it apart. It will be a PITA and does not seem worth it. Also, by taking it apart, chances are when you put it back together, some areas will be sticking up or out due to the glue and tape not being the same.

Here's a sample: after you take out the back, antenna, and other things to get to the screen, you must use a heat gun to loosen up the glue, then pry the glass from the digitizer just to get to the home button. Good luck getting it back together and looking how it did when you bought it.

Here's the video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N6CJy71_9Ok

sbcdave

Apr 9, 2011
Snohomish, WA
OnePlus 9 Pro
It doesn't bother me at all, but since so many people seem bothered by it I decided to see if I could get rid of it. I tried acetone on a qtip and an exacto. Didn't even budge. Ended up leaving a small scratch with what appears to be exposed aluminum. I'm guessing it is an enamel baked on to aluminum, and the White is not on top of black. I have the titanium version.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using xda app-developers app

nosit1

May 19, 2010
Arizona
I really don't mind it. If it's not at the top, it doesn't really affect me. As long as they don't brand it by ghosting it on the stream, no issues with me.

dtziheucdavis

Oct 13, 2012
The Verizon Wireless at the bottom of the pull down notification menu is much much worse

Sent from my GT-N8013 using xda app-developers app

flaring afro

Jul 11, 2011
Of course it will void warranty and there's always a covered up screw that samsung/vzw can see if the phone has been tempered with. And yes, I believe these are NOT OEM.

I haven't messed with phones, but usually covered screws can be taken out without them knowing if you remove and reset the cover properly. Sometimes devices have something that rips when you open it, and then it's much much harder to open without them knowing.

bendystrawboy

Aug 15, 2010
It doesn't bother me at all, but since so many people seem bothered by it I decided to see if I could get rid of it. I tried acetone on a qtip and an exacto. Didn't even budge. Ended up leaving a small scratch with what appears to be exposed aluminum. I'm guessing it is an enamel baked on to aluminum, and the White is not on top of black. I have the titanium version.

you know what would bother me, a verizon logo with a big ass scratch.

sbcdave

Apr 9, 2011
Snohomish, WA
OnePlus 9 Pro
It's not as bad as you apparently think. I'm not an idiot I stayed really slow.

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1355535210958.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1355535210958.jpg
    111.6 KB · Views: 144