Reboots!

Search This thread

roymcfreely

Dec 31, 2010
A fix

FIXED MINE!!

So mine was rebooting everytime without fail specifically when it was off battery and locked with the screen off for 2 minutes, I would just get a non responsive black screen pop out the battery and it worked fine (I also got a couple reboots). While it was plugged it worked fine and would NOT freeze/reboot.

I was using my sim card which was given to me by Tmobile in January of THIS YEAR.

Replacing it with the one that came in the box fixed the problem. I haven't had it fixed for long but I am not getting the obvious problems that I saw before.

My theory is its a software problem that has to do with switching to low power standby, and a bad sim card can set it off. So if you're having reboots definitely make sure you're using the SIM that came with it, it might not be the only cause but it certainly can be a cause/trigger. Also in comparing the two SIMs they did have a different arrangement of the gold contacts if anyone was wondering.

crazythunder

Apr 2, 2007
buffalo,ny
FIXED MINE!!

So mine was rebooting everytime without fail specifically when it was off battery and locked with the screen off for 2 minutes, I would just get a non responsive black screen pop out the battery and it worked fine (I also got a couple reboots). While it was plugged it worked fine and would NOT freeze/reboot.

I was using my sim card which was given to me by Tmobile in January of THIS YEAR.

Replacing it with the one that came in the box fixed the problem. I haven't had it fixed for long but I am not getting the obvious problems that I saw before.

My theory is its a software problem that has to do with switching to low power standby, and a bad sim card can set it off. So if you're having reboots definitely make sure you're using the SIM that came with it, it might not be the only cause but it certainly can be a cause/trigger. Also in comparing the two SIMs they did have a different arrangement of the gold contacts if anyone was wondering.

i activated my new sim card immediately yesterday when my phone arrived. phone rebooted on it's own today.

UCFJake

Dec 21, 2010
Savannah
I just got mine this afternoon and I have had three rebooted all when connected to non - LG chargers and when screen is off. Its like an extended sleep. No buttons are responsive and I have to pull the battery to reboot.

Sent from my LG-P999 using XDA App

jrwingate6

Aug 13, 2009
Charm City
Did you all seem to miss the post that was made yesterday about LG is aware of this problem and will have it fixed by the end of the month?

mobilehavoc

Mar 12, 2006
Did you all seem to miss the post that was made yesterday about LG is aware of this problem and will have it fixed by the end of the month?

Did you miss the fact that they never talked about the G2X just the 2X. They have different software so why would one update work on the other? Also for those of us having the problem it may not be soon enough. Try having a phone that's unreliable and unstable and see how long you last.

Frag x 3

Feb 21, 2010
I haven't had any issues with reboots, but the battery life worries me. 7 hours of uptime, and I'm hovering above 20%. Ouch.

jrwingate6

Aug 13, 2009
Charm City
Did you miss the fact that they never talked about the G2X just the 2X. They have different software so why would one update work on the other? Also for those of us having the problem it may not be soon enough. Try having a phone that's unreliable and unstable and see how long you last.

I lasted 8 months with a phone that couldn't lock a accurate GPS signal on a clear sunny day thank you very much.

Anywho, if LG is aware of the problem they will fix it. If it's not soon enough for you then just take your phone back and use your old one until they update it. Or better yet just keep exchanging it until you get a working unit.

ssb33

Apr 21, 2011
While I do not reboots - I have had freezes. Had to pull the battery to start. This seems to have happened whenever the phone went to sleep while the wifi calling was active. And in both cases it was connected to wifi. Any chance that this could be an issue?

tenbeau

Apr 24, 2010
Leesburg, Fl
I have had my G2x up and running for 30+ hours. Up until about 20 minutes ago it had displayed some quirks(power button-calls buzzing-screen freeze but no real random reboots.. I had cardio trainer recording a workout(which I had done most of the day)and while out walking my dog I heard this strange tinny sound I had never heard before. I pulled the device out of my pocket and everything seemed fine, cardio trainer was still recording my walk and seemed to be very accurate. About 30 seconds later I hear the same sound and I pull it out again and lo and behold the device was just finishing rebooting and the really strange thing was that it rebooted right back to cardio trainer and it was still running right where it was 30 seconds before. It continued to run to the conclusion of the walk. It is like the reboot never happened but yet it did I saw the tail end of it with the G2X screen etc.I have never had anything like this happen before. Anyone else have the same experience or have any idea what happened or what might have caused it?:confused:

Last edited:

nraudigy2

Sep 16, 2010
Google Pixel 6
I think there is something wrong with the GPS. GPS Test and GPS Status showing really powerful signal from my G2X. I get around 30s and 40s on my Vibrant and MyTouch3GSlide, but this thing goes up to 350. That is just insanely strong signal.

Last edited:

wmm

Jun 23, 2007
Sudbury, MA
I've had one reboot in the ten hours or so I've been using it. I had just walked out to the car from my house, where I was on wifi, and plugged in the car charger cable. I noticed when I turned the car on and the charger got electricity that the screen of the phone didn't turn on as I had expected, and it rebooted after that. No other problems so far, though.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Other than the reboot how was the GPS? :)

Seriously, I'm very interested in GPS experiences. Thanks.

I'm in Davis, CA and it got a lock on me inside my apartment in under 5 seconds. Pretty impressive.
    I am having many issues with reboots and freezes. So much so I went back to my HD2. The phone is not usable. I bought two at the same time and did not root the other one. My wife is using it with no problems.

Could rooting the phone be the problem? I used the method in this forum. Which Super One Click version have people been using? 1.8 or 1.65?

How badly do you want to figure this out?

You could start by doing a factory reset on the rebooting one. Make all settings match the good phone. Does it still reboot? If so, it's likely a HW problem. If not, then root it again and add no apps. Does it reboot? If so, problem is rooting. Unroot to verify. If it's not rebooting after rooting, then add apps one at a time until the culprit is found.

You might also find out that the factory reset solved the problem, as some others have reported. :)