Search This thread

Pbrussell

Aug 10, 2010
I don't know if I just got a bad flash..but I wiped the phone. Flashed the rom..and it booted, couldn't change launcher. Wouldn't let me connect to gmail or sync my email address with play...basically the first 3 things I tried to do..don't work. restored my old rom immediately...any ideas, or is this something with the rom

Sent from my PC36100 using xda premium

ropodope

Feb 1, 2011
Floor Me
I don't know if I just got a bad flash..but I wiped the phone. Flashed the rom..and it booted, couldn't change launcher. Wouldn't let me connect to gmail or sync my email address with play...basically the first 3 things I tried to do..don't work. restored my old rom immediately...any ideas, or is this something with the rom

You are way behind. ReLoaded rc4 is up with rls of philo 500 to drop on Friday.

ropodope

so get up get, get get down. 911 is a joke in yo town.

Reactions: geno_1

Pbrussell

Aug 10, 2010
Yea im using decks new one right now and still every time i go to open up google play store. It tells me i need to add An account-add account now? I press 'yes' it just closes the app...tried using titanium to restore the market from my old app. Reboot. Nothing

BlazinThat

Jul 17, 2011
Rocky Mountain High
Yea im using decks new one right now and still every time i go to open up google play store. It tells me i need to add An account-add account now? I press 'yes' it just closes the app...tried using titanium to restore the market from my old app. Reboot. Nothing

Decks doesn't have a new one, jamie and rope do. After you boot up let it rest for a bit and dont do anything, then reboot into recovery and go to advanced and fix permissions.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using xda premium

jamieg71

Mar 13, 2011
Sanford, Florida

You need to flash gapps- http://d-h.st/cd9
On aosp ROMs always do a full wipe when coming from sense or different android version. Then-
1) Flash ROM
2) Flash gapps
3) Sign in
4) Profit

Sent from my EVO

Reactions: SuperiorEVOlution18

kabuki!

Dec 10, 2010
Edge City
I got a new phone, but I still have my Evo, and I still like it.

I decided I wanted to dedicate my old Supersonic to media: streaming music to a blue tooth speaker and hdmi mirroring of Youtube etc. I spent some time trying to figure out the perfect rom for that. This is it! Some may feel that this is an unnecessary post, but I've got two reasons:

1. I want to say thank you to everyone who had something to do with the development of this rom.
2. Also, if someone is looking to turn their old Evo into a little media gizmo, this is a good rom to achieve that with...........

thank you

Reactions: pankakeman

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hey all. Been a while since my last release of s3vo for the evo which was sense based, but I really wanted to start learning android and have a better perspective of it. I decided to dig a bit more into compiling android. Started horsing around with github and learned to start compiling my own builds from aosp wih the help from cmsrc, evervolv, and a few others githubs. Since the release of gingerbread to aosp, i moved away from sense. There are things that i do miss about sense, but the usability of the phone without it is just unmatched imho. Many people use or have used cyanogenmod. IMHO is a great open source project that has some of the best devs out there. I have always been more into the 'vanilla' look opposed to the themed and aftermarket. Recently i have been compiling gingerbread for the evo and mt4g and have had nothing but the best reviews. Basically the reason why i am here. Wondering if there was any interest in a few of my builds. Main reason from moving away from CM6/7 (cyanogenmod), ADW launcher and the extra added bloat and themes. Currently as i look at my phone, my battery stats have me at 31 hours and counting with 15% left. So battery life as you can tell was one of my main concerns. Everything works!!!

1.3 build is based off 2.3.7. (Thanks cm team) and cm kernel 2.6.37.6 (thanks cm team). And YES it has Wimax AND HDMI Mirroring. (thanks teamwin)
    gingerbread-evo-deck-1.2(x) - 2.3.4 Video - Thanks Dash

1.2.1 build is based off 2.3.4. (Thanks cm team) and cm kernel 2.6.37.6 (thanks cm team). And YES it has Wimax AND HDMI Mirroring. (thanks teamwin)
    gingerbread-evo-deck-1.2(x) - 2.3.4 Video - Thanks Dash

1.0 build is based off 2.3.3. (Thanks cm team) and cm kernel 2.6.37.4 (thanks cm team). And YES it has Wimax AND HDMI Mirroring. (thanks teamwin)
    gingerbread-evo-deck-1.0 - 2.3.3 Video - Thanks D/\SH

There is *nothing* that doesnt work anymore on 1.0. If an app that you are used to using from a 2.2/sense rom doesnt work, chances are that app hasnt been recompiled for gingerbread. Please bug the app author and not me :D

*!* By downloading any files, ROMs, and or apks, you verify that you have the appropriate licenses for all software contained within *!*

l assume no responsibility for any damage you may cause to your phone.

Before flashing your phone, please make sure you are completely rooted.
    For information about rooting, please go to:
    [ROOT] ~~~ HTC EVO - Universal Auto Root ~~~ v2.3 (works with all version)(2/13/11) - xda-developers
    After flashing your phone, please make sure you update to the latest radio, wimax, nv, and pri:
    For information about updating your radio, wimax, nv, and pri, please go to:
    [ Radios ][ 12-17 ] All EVO Radio, WiMAX, PRI, NV & HBoot versions - xda-developers

Special Thanks to: CyanogenMod Team, and Team Win, where most of the source came from, preludedrew and evervolv team, which helped me tremendously get my feet off he ground with android. And the originals, Calkulin, No2Chem, GGuruUSA, Colonel00, Conflipper, AstainHellbring, LennySH, NexVision, CLHatch, Chainfire, JooJooBee666, and Polargoat for putting up with me for many years and always helping me out.

Donations are VERY much appreciated.

Want to donate but dont have any extra money? Check out some of our site's sponsors at http://www.dev-host.org

[size=+1]For updates, news, and my gibber jabber, please follow me @kushdeck on twitter..[/size]
    [size=+1]We now have an irc channel. Please join us @ #dev-host on freenode..[/size]

*New Downloads* Please help support your dev, check out our site's sponsors. Thanks. :)
    gingerbread evo 1.3 Stable
    gapps 8-28-2011
    gapps 8-28-2011 with Voicemail.apk

[size=+1]*Official thread and ALL Downloads*[/size]
    [size=+1]*Issue Tracker*[/size]
    [size=+1]*Changelog*[/size]

*Install Instructions*
    1. Reboot into recovery. I use Amon's recovery.
    2. *optional* make a nandroid backup.
    3. Wipe Everything.
    4. Flash gingerbread rom zip.
    5. DO NOT REBOOT YET.
    6. Flash gapps zip.
    6a. Flash Kernel *if you are using a custom kernel as Tiamat or Savaged-Zen*
    7. Reboot.
    8. Enjoy gingerbread!

Enjoy,
    -deck
    New GPS drivers! A real GPS Fix!! :)

NEW BETTER DRIVERS HERE. FOR BEST RESULTS FLASH THE "Qualcomm Vision GPS Driver v1.1" INSTEAD. THIS POST HAS BEEN LEFT HERE FOR REFERENCE PURPOSES

------------------------------------
    I've been playing around a bit with the GPS drivers... Anyone willing to try these drivers instead and report back if they work any better, especially if you are having GPS issues (locking, losing signal, etc)? They seem to be working very well for me, with no high cpu issues as well.

What should be different from the standard drivers:
    * No need for workarounds for the majority of people (sense flash, etc...)
    * Stable and fast locks
    * Pick up more satellites
    * No wake locks / CPU usage issues

These are files that you can flash through recovery:

GPS_Supersonic_FIX_Flash - these are the fixed drivers, flash them through recovery (RA recovery only)
    GPS_Supersonic_Restore_Flash - these are the original drivers that come with CyanogenMod roms in case you want to revert back (RA recovery only)

If you don't use RA recovery, flash the GPS_Supersonic_FIX_Flash2 file instead (compatible will all recoveries, uses an edify script)

NOTE: Drivers are now part of Deck's 1.2 stable, but NOT 1.2.1. For 1.2.1 and all the other roms (like CM7 nightlies) the fix will need to be re-flashed every time the rom is updated.

NOTE 2: No, there is no source code. This is a modified driver from the gingerbread leak for the HTC Vision.
    1.2z Pre-Stable has been released. Please check the changelog for more info. Still working on 1 more Bluetooth issue. Please help support this project, check out a few sponsors site's when downloading. 1.2 stable is around the corner :) Enjoy!

-deck
    1.2y has been released. Should fix the returning to lockscreen issue after ending a call. Also fixes to bluetooth. Please check the changelog for more info. Please help support this project, check out a few sponsors site's when downloading. 1.2 stable is around the corner :) Enjoy!

-deck