[ROM][GB 2.3.5]GingerBread Phone 7 v0.5 (12/11/11)

Search This thread

TheMuffStuff

Dec 30, 2010
South Florida
twitter.com
Peppermint you arent allowed, But im sure you could ask him for permission. Even if fede wont let you, just say it would be a nice touch for the rom and just post the link to the market app in your thread :D, howd you make out on the notification text?

Peperm1nt

Jul 6, 2011
Matewan
Peppermint you arent allowed, But im sure you could ask him for permission. Even if fede wont let you, just say it would be a nice touch for the rom and just post the link to the market app in your thread :D, howd you make out on the notification text?

lol yeh I figured.. As you can see I got it fixed and it was thnx to you haha. I woulda been here 12 more hours scratching my head haha. New Version out with little more blur removed and fixed some other issues I saw. Notifications are fixed now. Enjoy and don't forget to update me on bugs.:cool:

ferg40

Mar 29, 2011
Mesa, Az
Not to sure about it yet. Trying it out. Looks cool. Not very functional for what I need yet. I'll play with it more. Thanks for the hard work. Keep it up.

Sent from my DROID X2 using xda premium

Peperm1nt

Jul 6, 2011
Matewan
Not to sure about it yet. Trying it out. Looks cool. Not very functional for what I need yet. I'll play with it more. Thanks for the hard work. Keep it up.

Sent from my DROID X2 using xda premium
Thank you for trying out the rom. Play with it a little bit and try to setup your home screen and go from there. If you experience redraws, Get ATK to solve the issue for now, idk why, but for some reason the minframes aren't working on Sonic. I just started to notice this with this release, but the script is loading that it works.

Maybe even a reboot after initial install would help out, I usually do that after installing these when I test.

Also, don't forget about the Icons link I posted... Download those to help make the Home Screen more customizable for you. After I finish getting the rom Go! Integrated/AOSP integrated, I will be working on the Launcher. For now this is still BETA but I think is getting better as I keep tinkering with it. Maybe within a month, the Launcher will be integrated to an Online Library to grab iCons from a server that way, you can do everything from the Launcher without having to worry about downloading the Icon Pack and having big files to manage. :)

Everyone that tries this, leave your comments so I know what direction to go with this. And check out my Google+ to get updated information on the ROM. Link in the first post.

Last edited:

SubVirus

Aug 19, 2011
Winthrop Harbor
I'll give it a whirl and see how the w7 phone is. Thanks for the unique rom. Its a start in the right direction for the x2 imo. (Considering there isn't a whole lot to choose from)
I'll definitely report any bugs I find.

EDIT: I like the look of it. It's very customizable. I miss the ATRIX live wallpaper. I wiped battery stats but I can't tell if its charging or not. Its been relatively bug free considering how recent its been put together. I commend you for that! It has caused me to miss 1 call so far. Not sure why though. It's possible that my service just was lacking although I usually don't see those kind of issues in my house *shrug* Go sms is pretty awesome. I never used it prior to this rom. The main thing I enjoy with this Rom though is that the power control in the pull down menu works. I had issues getting mine to work on other roms (considering it says its stock only... I just wanted to try my luck) overall though I like where this rom is heading as far as development is concerned. Its definitely very fast, which is always what im looking for in a rom to start with.
Sent from my DROID X2 using XDA App

Last edited:

TXI Kaze

Dec 2, 2009
Well, to start off with (It's not a bug), but I'm not a huge fan of how all the main OS windows were changed to orange with blue. Just a preference of taste, lol. Now, for bugs...

Very random hiccups. Either my entire system will lag while flipping through windows, or my music will skip horribly (Doesn't matter the app.) I get a lot of Calendar Storage FC's along with Messaging (While using neither?)

Will report more if I find them.

SubVirus

Aug 19, 2011
Winthrop Harbor
Well, to start off with (It's not a bug), but I'm not a huge fan of how all the main OS windows were changed to orange with blue. Just a preference of taste, lol. Now, for bugs...
You can change them to any color you want. Its built into the OS (at least the tiles and such)
Very random hiccups. Either my entire system will lag while flipping through windows, or my music will skip horribly (Doesn't matter the app.) I get a lot of Calendar Storage FC's along with Messaging (While using neither?)
music seems to be a problem across most of the roms current.
I haven't noticed any lag though aside from the first boot up. And I haven't had messaging close yet but calendar doesn't seem to like being run

Last edited:

Peperm1nt

Jul 6, 2011
Matewan
@subvirus thanks for clearing that up with chyrux. Tips are in post 2..

Did u try winamp for the music play bak? I NEVER have had lag on music with my x2 since day one unless I have 5 or more ACTIVE apps. Is any one experiencing minframe issues? If so use ATK til next release.

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk

TXI Kaze

Dec 2, 2009
I'm not talking about the Tiles lol. Trust me, my tiles aren't colors. I've been using Launcher 7 since about August and found an icon pack a long time ago. I'm talking about system popups, accents, etc.

As for the playback, it's a bad stutter no matter what app. Stock music, UberMusic, PowerAmp, WinAmp. Who knows lol. This is with only WidgetLocker, L7, and said music player running.

Peperm1nt

Jul 6, 2011
Matewan
I'm not talking about the Tiles lol. Trust me, my tiles aren't colors. I've been using Launcher 7 since about August and found an icon pack a long time ago. I'm talking about system popups, accents, etc.

As for the playback, it's a bad stutter no matter what app. Stock music, UberMusic, PowerAmp, WinAmp. Who knows lol. This is with only WidgetLocker, L7, and said music player running.

Do me a favor and download atk kill all apps then try playback. And give me your results.

Then, go to go sms and change theme to iwinphone. And tell me of that solves accents

TXI Kaze

Dec 2, 2009
Not running GB7 at the moment (Atrix 4G port). But, I had been using ATK (as I do on all ROMs) so who knows. My phone's been having issues from out of the box though, might SBF this one and get a new X2

Peperm1nt

Jul 6, 2011
Matewan
Sorry bout that... If you get another one, let me know if you try this out again. Thanks BTW, did you ever send me that widget locker theme?

DAG425

Dec 11, 2008
Gainesville, FL
Corporate sync/exchange not working!

Loving the ROM bro!!! Love the look of 7Launcher!! I am having some issues with my corporate sync/exchange account. It continues to tel me that it is unable to open a connection to the server, but I know the settings are correct... I work in IT and have to configure peoples email all the time, and am the resident android expert when staff bring their phones in so I'm not really sure whats going on.... I will try and push AOSP corporate sync from another ROM and see if I can get it to work... I will let you know if I am successful...

SubVirus

Aug 19, 2011
Winthrop Harbor
@Peperm1nt
How is your battery life with gb7? Mine is significantly less than normal. Like maybe half as efficient. (I've wiped my battery stats etc prior to install)

EDIT: yeah my phone is definitely not charging at all for some reason

Last edited:

booked

Nov 20, 2010
LA
Do me a favor and download atk kill all apps then try playback. And give me your results.

Then, go to go sms and change theme to iwinphone. And tell me of that solves accents

i agree that the orange color of the popup windows inst the best color to look at.

Peperm1nt

Jul 6, 2011
Matewan
I'll change the orange to black with color accents wen it gets out of beta. Or maybe in the next release or so. The corp email will be fixed next release I was testing gmail only with this one,, plus the gmail tile doesn't work without stock email app, I'll be putting aosp email in next release with the corp email fixed.

Also, the battery does charge, But for some reason the charging animation isn't working. I'll look into that when I get home.**I just checked this, plug phone into ac adapter then wait a second, then unplug, you'll see the popup stating it was disconnected** The battery life for some reason decreased with this update on my phone as well. I'll look into it, but from what I can see, Sonic isn't doing what it should this time around *idle longer than 30 minutes and look at running processes* I usually rolled with ~160mb free before this and now i run around 50-100 after soo long. But the It Works file is in place. This is probably my number one priority as of right now.

NOTE: I usually get around 13+hours with active texting and fb'ing, stock battery. This was with the original release of this rom.

Last edited:
Reactions: SubVirus

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    GingerbreadPhone7
    GBP7%2Bv.4%2BShowCase.jpg

This is a Windows Phone 7 based ROM that I have compiled for x2. A lot of work has been put into this ROM and with the help of the x2 community, this ROM has become what it is today. Thank you for all your support and I hope you enjoy!

Disclaimer: I am not responsible for any damage to your device. Use at your own discretion.

See Post #2 for Tips, Future Release Information, and How you can support the development of this ROM. Don't forget to read the setup below!

GBP7 v.5
    Download Here

Features
    v0.5
    =-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=
    -Support on GingerBread Kernel 2.3.5
    -DeoDexed
    -ZipAligned
    -De-Bloated
    -Blur"less"
    -2nd Init by navendrob
    -Storage Flippy-Floppy by navendrob
    -Pull-Down Toggles by navendrob
    -Speedy v6 Scripts by 0vermind
    -BusyBox 1.9
    -SuperUser 3.0Beta
    -Swype Beta PreInstalled
    -Nexus Prime bootanimation
    -WP7 Theme
    -Ad-Blocking
    -Droid x2 Desktop
    -Persistent & Full ADB
    -UI Animations and Tweaks
    -build.prop mods
    -gps tweaks(US)
    -Inverted Setings
    -Themed Google Apps
    -TeslaLED & Screen Grabber PreInstalled
    -Themed FileManger
    -WP7 Calculator
    -GO! Apps
    =-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=

SetUp:
    For references, read THIS POST for download links!
    -SBF to Stock 2.3.4 kernel and apply the 2.3.5 UPDATE.ZIP to achieve stock 2.3.5 prior to flashing this ROM!
    -Once rooted with Zrush, go into BSR and DataWipe/CacheWipe/DalvikCacheWipe your device.
    -Flash GBP7.
    -Go to Launcher 7! You may want to launch Launcher 7 by default with the check box provided!
    -Go into a Google App(market or gmail) and add your google account.
    -Enjoy WP7 on your Android Device :) Don't forget to comment and give your opinions here on the forums!!!!
    -Check the 2nd post for other tips on using this rom.

Known Bugs:
    -Blur Setup fc's after adding accounts *This is due to removing blur launcher, I'm in the process of getting this fixed. I need a different accounts and settings if someone wouldn't mind showing me how to do this*
    -GMail and GVoice need text tweaked. *I need some help with these because I have tried every way possible to fix the text Issues here.

Credits:
    victimssun - Did a lot of patching for me on the .9s as well as the apps themselves.
    xkape - For finding the tylenol for my headaches :)
    TheMuffStuff - For helping with the xml issues.
    ryman222 - For random help and support.
    And the other developers for the x2 that keep us awake at night :)
    If I missed someone, please PM me and we will see what we can do to edit this post.

Add me on Google+ and join my circle to get notifications on your G+ account.
    https://plus.google.com/115901095341195341035/posts

Donations are not required, but always a nice gift. If you feel as though what I have did/am doing is beneficial to you or the community, then feel free to help someone out. I'm not an "Expert Developer", but I do try, and I plan on continuing my efforts to bring you a better user experience. I have enjoyed the efforts I have put in, as I'm sure you will enjoy my work. Click the Donate Button provided if you want to donate or simply push the thanks button below. Either way, Thank You for your Time.
    Tips/Support/Future Release Information

History and Explanation of this ROM:

This ROM was started as a Project to help me along the ways to becoming a developer for Android. I don't classify myself as a "good" developer, but this ROM has taught me a lot and the information I have come across since the initial build of this ROM has made me that much better at becoming what I need to be to make this ROM and Project a reality.

The reason why I choose GO! Apps over AOSP is the fact that they have so many features and really isolate a lot of battery drain. The developers @GO! have did an amazing job with these apps and are used in place until I finish building the actual wp7 apps from source. Once I have accomplished a good foundation for those apps, I will replace them to match the theme of this ROM. The goal is to get wp7 UI on Android and not just by replacing a few apps here and there. This will be a project and the day that this ROM is "complete" is when ALL apps(everything that I or any developer supporting this ROM can touch) with a WP7 styling.

Why? Because I honestly feel that WP7 has one of the cleanest and nicest UI's that I have seen on a mobile device. But I choose Android over wp7 because of the Potential the Android platform has with the UNLIMITED customization and the openness of Android. WP7 will probably never have the number of features that Android can offer and with Google's push to keep things open as much as they can, Microsoft has no chance. So, with that comes me and my project(I'm sure there are others as well) to get that WP7 clean and slick UI to our Android Devices.

The Blur camera is used over AOSP because I have had less compatibility issues with the Blur Camera as opposed to AOSP; especially trying to record Hi Def videos on the x2. Soon there will be an AOSP Camera app and soon everything will be built from source.

Tips:
    -Check out =yankoa @deviantart.com for some nice icons for your tiles.
    -To unpin from the home screen, Hold>Click Upper Right icon.
    -To move tiles, Hold>Drag to where ever>Back Button.
    -To enable swype, just go through the installer process. Once complete. You can uninstall the Installer.
    -To enable the WP7 Popups. Go to PopUP SMS and enable through that application. You can then Change the Tile color for the Popup. It will be a Block at the top of your screen when you receive a Text Message. You can click on the Text to view in Default SMS app or click X to remove the Tile. You can then disable by uninstalling the App or Untick the box. Make sure you set Go SMS to not disable other Notifications. And to Turn off Go SMS Notifications.
    -You can remove apps from the Drawer by holding the app of choice and remove. **This does not Uninstall**
    -You can change the App Drawer to the normal android drawer within Launcher7 Settings. Just press menu select option.
    -You can change the Tile Color within Launcher7 settings
    -To pin other apps to front page, go to drawer, select and hold app, pin to home. Then in the settings you can choose what options you want for the tile.

Warning: DO NOT REMOVE LAUNCHER 7 FROM SYSTEM/APP FOLDER! YOU WILL KILL THE LAUNCHER AND FORCE A SBF IF YOU HAVEN'T SETUP SYSTEM RECOVERY!

How you can help:
    -Check the Known Bugs section of the first post if you find a bug. If the bug is not listed, Post within this thread.
    -Donate to the developer/Press Thanks Button/Nominate for Developer of the Month.
    -There are some issues I am having with the theming. If you see an error(white text on white background), send me a PM or post on this thread the solution. I know some but not all and the quicker I get the solution, the quicker I can get you and the rest of the community a Patch.

Future Release Info:
    -Sense UI Transitions
    I'm not totally sure if this is possible due to a locked BootLoader, But I plan on building a new launcher from the ground up on the next major release which should allow me to make these transitions and also add live tile support. This is not something to be talked about at current on this forum. PM me if you have any advice or know what you are doing when it comes to developing, to get this feature quicker.

-Port/Build wp7 system apps(dialer, phone, sms, etc)
    This is going to be my next venture in android development. I want to build the apps from source and try to recreate the look and function of the wp7 apps for a better wp7 look.

-Theme Manager
    Of all my plans, this will probably be the first to be completed; as for future development goes. This will allow quick swapping of the theme. The overall look will stay inverted with color accents(hold on a notification) for a more custom look when you flash this rom. The idea should work with other x2 roms, and possibly other devices. The Theme Manager will allow users to also create his or her own theme(whether custom, UOT, and/or within the actual theme manager) and allow quick swapping of elements within the ROM. This will more than likely be a GBP7 only release, with two market versions(paid/free) for other developers and users to use. Think of it like Liberty Toolbox, but for themes.

-PowerMod v2
    I'm going to probably start testing this after I get a patch or two released, and when the next major release comes out(2.3.5) I will probably be including this if the tests go well.
    So, I was just wondering, is there a way to get the battery to show in 1% increments instead of 10% because I'm like a freak with my battery and I'm constantly looking at the percentage to see how my battery life is going, but it's kinda hard to do that when it's in 10% increments. It was just thought. I don't mean to be a nuisance or anything.

The 1% mod is a "bad" idea here. I'd rather not tweak the provided battery icon because I want to make this as close to WP7 as I can. Problem with the 1% is I'd have to make the images show like this " 100% [==]- " and I dont think the status bar would show all of the image. Maybe a thought in the future tho. I'm in the process of making a ToolBox and building a launcher from the ground up so we can get away from launcher 7. When I get the ToolBox made, if the images work like stated earlier fit in the status bar, I'll provide an option within it to replace the status bar to "toggle" accurate battery display.

One of the big things I want is the "flat" appeal that I have given thus far as opposed to the "3d" effect of the images(compare Eclipse to GBP7 and you will see what I mean). WP7 doens't have the 3d effects on the buttons n such so that is what I want to make it like. If someone wants to make an alternate "theme" for the phone they are more than welcome, but at this point things will stay the same theme wise and status bar wise until I get the ToolBox and Launmcher made. The toolbox will allow quick replacement of the theme from the default "orange" to w/e the user wants.

NOTICE:
    I appologize to everyone about the slower production of GBP7 but my old computer got trashed and I had to replace the HDD in it, thus all my work needs to be started over. I'm still in the process of resetting my tools and getting things back on track, but soon I will start back again. Seeing as to how I won't be dualbooting windows and linux, I'll have to get familiar with the linux side of android development(I need to get signing tools n such), but I think I found what I need. So soon you guys will see some new updates and progress on this.

No one has brought this up, but the current version is v0.5 << There have been several releases of this ROM and it is very stable, so don't let the version discourage you. v1.0 will be when I have the wp7 apps developed from source and everything will be as if it were a wp7 device with an Android OS. Once that has happened, I will start working on Google Integrationk; think of it as a Blur Device but without the bloat and strictly Google only. Facebook and Twitter may come along per user request, but everything will be built from source and watched closely as to how it will operate.

Thanks for all the support and I hope you guys enjoy this ROM.
    The battery fix will be released tonight now that I have time. I've had some rl issues that I needed to take care of and I apologize for that.

PSA!!!!
    I SHOULD be releasing a theme patch within the next few days. Im going to try and pump it out tonight for you guys though. The theme will be completely reworked from scratch(no UOT). Also a couple other update errors will be patched; also, the Camera and Gallery will be linked together for easy switching. Build.Prop updates and other system tweaks.

Also, Here is an update to future development. Keep in mind these may come at random times. I will not answer a question for etas on these. You will know when the development is in Beta or complete on any of these with a PSA. If you want to help in this project and know how to build these or give advice or pointers. Feel free to PM me the information. Please don't flood the thread with questions on these.

Future Development:
    -Sense UI Transitions
    I'm not totally sure if this is possible due to a locked BootLoader, But I plan on building a new launcher from the ground up on the next major release which should allow me to make these transitions. This is not something to be talked about at current on this forum. PM me if you have any advice or know what you are doing when it comes to developing, to get this feature quicker.

-Port/Build wp7 system apps(dialer, phone, sms, etc)
    This is going to be my next venture in android development. I want to build the apps from source and try to recreate the look and function of the wp7 apps for a better wp7 look.

-Theme Manager
    Of all my plans, this will probably be the first to be completed; as for future development goes. This will allow quick swapping of the theme. The overall look will stay inverted with color accents(hold on a notification) for a more custom look when you flash this rom. The idea should work with other x2 roms, and possibly other devices. The Theme Manager will allow users to also create his or her own theme(whether custom, UOT, and/or within the actual theme manager) and allow quick swapping of elements within the ROM. This will more than likely be a GBP7 only release, with two market versions(paid/free) for other developers and users to use. Think of it like Liberty Toolbox, but for themes.

-PowerMod v2
    I'm going to probably start testing this after I get a patch or two released, and when the next major release comes out(2.3.5) I will probably be including this if the tests go well.

Anyway, here is some news for all the GBP7 followers and likers to dwell on for a while. I hope you enjoy the rom and expect a theme Patch and Market update patch within a day or two.

-Peperm1nt
    The "themeing" is off, but I will patch this. I thought I had most of the text errors fixed, but I will release a patch hopefully tomorrow. And it should resolve all the text issues. Also, the DIaler and SMS have a theme in them for a wp7 feel. I gave up some of the "wp7 theme" for function when I did this. But the sms has a VERY good wp7 theme preinstalled and the dialer has a dark theme preinstalled. I suggest those for now until I can develop more on those apps.